Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-30-2018, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Calling all Home Theater Enthusiast "Gamers" in San Antonio!

Hey guys! I finally got most of the work done in my new home and can finally start focusing on getting my podcast up and running. The name of the podcast is called, "The Fun Waste of Time Podcast" and it's centered around video games, movies, tv, comic books, tech and, of course, home theater. It will be video game, movie and tv centric. However, when there are things to discuss surrounding the other topics, we will make time to get them in as well.

I'm looking for folks in the San Antonio area who would be interested in participating in such a project. It's just a chance for like-minded folks who are fans of these hobbies to get together to talk shop about our favorite past-times AND have a good time while doing so. Each episode will run about an hour and a half, at the most.

It's something we're looking to do twice a month. We're working professionals with families, so for the moment, twice a month is a good fit with our schedules. If later on down the line, we find that we really enjoy podcasting and want to add an additional session or two, we can explore that, at that time.

I have one other person, who will be a host on the show. He's a big comic book guy, who is also a fan of gaming, tv and movies. My studio can comfortably seat a total of five people, so if you're interested reply in this thread or shoot me a pm. I have some photos of the studio (and other rooms in the house) in my build thread, so feel free to check that out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a bit about me...not only am I a home theater enthusiast, but I'm also a big tv / film fan, as well as, a gaming enthusiast. I enjoy all things entertainment. Currently, I'm playing Spiderman PS4, Warhammer 40K Inquisitor (I love top-down ARPGs and top-down shooters) and Strange Brigade. Strange Brigade is quickly becoming one of my all-time favorite third person shooters. What's funny is that it doesn't do anything out of the ordinary, but man, it's got loads of personality!

I'm loyal to no "one" console. I love both Playstation and Xbox for different reasons. I have a HTPC with a 1080ti card, but I rarely game on PC. However, I'm a fan of PC gaming as well (with a controller though; never been good with a keyboard and mouse, lol!).

I use my theater quite often. Before building my theater, I used to go to the commercial theater sometimes two to three times a week, depending on what was out (mostly in the summer). However, since completing my theater, the experience is so immersive and engaging, now I mostly wait for movies to come out on 4K bluray to watch them at home. I still go to the commercial theater to see blockbuster movies, so they're not spoiled for me, but I can wait for most other movies to get them at home.

Last edited by Theaterfreak360; 09-30-2018 at 04:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Gaming