876Likes

post #3211 of 3248 Old 12-24-2018, 12:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncabw View Post
I just picked up this remote. This is my first universal remote. So far I’ve loved everything about it. I was going through using remotes and iPhone apps the last year. This makes everything so much smoother.

The only problem I’m having so far is that I can’t seem to get a connection with my JVC Projector model DLA-x570r

Any thoughts on how to fix this. I seen someone posted using a different JVC projector for a similar problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medi0gre View Post
Not sure this may be feasible in your situation,
But I soldered on 25' of cable to a blaster from the hub and stuck it to the front of my projector
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjp View Post
Think of IR like a flashlight -- there is no way it's going to work into a different room. IR tends to bounce off the projector screen very well, so if you get IR anywhere into that room (within reason), it's likely to work. If you can't easily run an IR blaster to the other room, then maybe you can turn on IR from the Elite remote itself so it works in that room. I'm going off of vague memory, so hopefully somebody will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Elite is configurable to blast from hub only or from the remote itself and the hub at the same time. If that is the case, then enabling IR on the remote should work in the projector room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
As posted, one of the blasters needs to be "looking at" the PJ's receiver. The other blaster you can remove unless there's something else not working. Often you can get good enough coverage from just the hub simply by moving it a little.
Also note that the Elite also allows you to assign a device to a specific blaster or the hub or all 3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncabw View Post
I will try this. I don’t think the cable is long enough to reach the projector. Might be able to get the blaster into the room. Maybe that will help.

Also. When I tried to setup the on off buttons directly to the hub. It never would respond. I would go to edit buttons. Pick power on. Then point remote directly at the hub and nothing would happen.

Not sure if that’s an issue or not???

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanman View Post
^^ As I have posted earlier that most projectors have a wide IR receiver. Mine works from any where in the 25x20 room and the blaster is sitting behind the projector another 12' away in a cabinet!
I am having same problem with my harmony elite remote and powering on/off my JVC X590R projector. My AV equipment rack with harmony hub is in a closet literally just behind/below the projector. The IR blasters are connected to the hub in the AV rack (one on lower rack, one sitting on top of rack).

If i have the closet doors closed then everything except the projector will turn on. If i have the doors open, half the time the projector will turn on. I still have issues getting it to power off using the harmony elite (despite at one time getting it to work with adding delays, multiple power off commands, etc).

Should I have the harmony hub placed elsewhere in the room (e.g. if not in the AV rack/closet will it still be able to control my denon X4400H and ATV?).

Are there longer IR blaster cables I can buy that are compatible to put near the projector (don't have experience soldering)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2263.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	699.4 KB
ID:	2500302  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3212 of 3248 Old 12-24-2018, 01:55 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
With my JVC I had the IR configured to be sent from the remote itself. Point remote at screen and the signal will bounce to the PJ. Worked perfectly every time.
post #3213 of 3248 Old 12-24-2018, 06:21 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadadry View Post
I am having same problem with my harmony elite remote and powering on/off my JVC X590R projector. My AV equipment rack with harmony hub is in a closet literally just behind/below the projector. The IR blasters are connected to the hub in the AV rack (one on lower rack, one sitting on top of rack).

If i have the closet doors closed then everything except the projector will turn on. If i have the doors open, half the time the projector will turn on. I still have issues getting it to power off using the harmony elite (despite at one time getting it to work with adding delays, multiple power off commands, etc).

Should I have the harmony hub placed elsewhere in the room (e.g. if not in the AV rack/closet will it still be able to control my denon X4400H and ATV?).

Are there longer IR blaster cables I can buy that are compatible to put near the projector (don't have experience soldering)
Just about any 2.5mm monaural cable will do. These will work (I have used them in several installs) and can be daisy chained together for longer lengths -

http://www.amazon.com/Ancable-Monau...mm+TS+monaural

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3214 of 3248 Old 12-24-2018, 07:22 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:

Not sure if it was the same issue. So with my remote. It would show up on the device list after manually entering in my projector. Then one of the buttons worked. So I edited the on/off button by pointing my remote at my hub. This also was not smooth. Took about 20-30 times pressing each button to finally work. I have not programmed any other buttons.

As of now. If I’m in the devise mode I can turn on and off the remote no problem.

If I’m in my active section then only the powering down works. I had to add a 2nd power off command(actually added 2 extras). The powering on with all activities is still not working. I haven’t looked into why yet though.

And as of now my blaster is in my room but my hub is in another room. Still want to try the no blaster in room. Hopefully today I can.

I will keep you posted.

post #3215 of 3248 Old 12-24-2018, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.OGG View Post
With my JVC I had the IR configured to be sent from the remote itself. Point remote at screen and the signal will bounce to the PJ. Worked perfectly every time.
How did you configure the remote to send IR signal? Never had problem with my older Harmony remote and BenQ projector but it was all open space in old place

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwagner View Post
Just about any 2.5mm monaural cable will do. These will work (I have used them in several installs) and can be daisy chained together for longer lengths -

http://www.amazon.com/Ancable-Monau...mm+TS+monaural
Thanks for the recommendation. Could I use a similar cable as 12v trigger cable from my amplifier to the projector? Or better to use the IR blaster
Only issue if I pass it through my conduit (with HDMI cable) I need about 20 feet of length.
post #3216 of 3248 Old 12-24-2018, 08:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
How did you configure the remote to send IR signal? Never had problem with my older Harmony remote and BenQ projector but it was all open space in old place

Thanks for the recommendation. Could I use a similar cable as 12v trigger cable from my amplifier to the projector? Or better to use the IR blaster
Only issue if I pass it through my conduit (with HDMI cable) I need about 20 feet of length.
Click on the gear icon in the upper left of the handheld remote, then Settings, Devices, Hub Assgnments, then select the device you want to change.

For the blaster, all it has to be is line of site to the ir receiver on your projector. The ir blasters blast the ir signal a fairly long way. I have my blaster way on the other side of the room from my projector and it works fine.

Mark
post #3217 of 3248 Old 12-25-2018, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Click on the gear icon in the upper left of the handheld remote, then Settings, Devices, Hub Assgnments, then select the device you want to change.

For the blaster, all it has to be is line of site to the ir receiver on your projector. The ir blasters blast the ir signal a fairly long way. I have my blaster way on the other side of the room from my projector and it works fine.
Thanks this worked for turning on the projector. Next to fiddle with the power off command (works when in the device setting)
post #3218 of 3248 Old 12-27-2018, 10:00 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just picked up this remote as a gift for Christmas to replace a Harmony 1100. This is my fourth Harmony remote, so I got through the setup rather quickly and the hub and devices are working and the remote is working (mostly). However, I'm having an issue with the remote touchscreen. I can't get any touch to register on the bottom 1/4 of the screen. I can click on anything (activities, devices, scrolling, etc.) on the top 3/4's of the screen, but the bottom is non-responsive. Hit "Watch Fire TV", everything does as it should, then of course the "Did your devices turn on and to the correct input?" screen. Well, yes they did, but I can't select yes at the bottom of the screen... or no for that matter. I essentially have to place the remote back on the charger and control from my phone thereafter. Anyone else run into this issue?
post #3219 of 3248 Old 12-27-2018, 10:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 865 Post(s)
Liked: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickyAirman247 View Post
Just picked up this remote as a gift for Christmas to replace a Harmony 1100. This is my fourth Harmony remote, so I got through the setup rather quickly and the hub and devices are working and the remote is working (mostly). However, I'm having an issue with the remote touchscreen. I can't get any touch to register on the bottom 1/4 of the screen. I can click on anything (activities, devices, scrolling, etc.) on the top 3/4's of the screen, but the bottom is non-responsive. Hit "Watch Fire TV", everything does as it should, then of course the "Did your devices turn on and to the correct input?" screen. Well, yes they did, but I can't select yes at the bottom of the screen... or no for that matter. I essentially have to place the remote back on the charger and control from my phone thereafter. Anyone else run into this issue?
i'd try doing a factory reset on the device. If that doesn't correct it, you'll probably need to contact logitech for support.

Sony xbr65x850c Side Blooming test clips:
http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...br65x850c.xlsx
post #3220 of 3248 Old 12-27-2018, 10:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickyAirman247 View Post
I would first try a reset of the handheld remote -

http://support.myharmony.com/en-us/...t-your-harmony

Mark
post #3221 of 3248 Old 12-27-2018, 04:01 PM

Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 37
At this point I think I’m just going to have to pony up the technical assistance fee as I cannot figure out why I’m getting a delay on almost every activity. Just a quick question, are you all keeping your hub out in the open or inside an av enclosure?
post #3222 of 3248 Old 12-27-2018, 04:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 3953 Post(s)
Liked: 2180
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOTULCN View Post
At this point I think I’m just going to have to pony up the technical assistance fee as I cannot figure out why I’m getting a delay on almost every activity. Just a quick question, are you all keeping your hub out in the open or inside an av enclosure?
Out in the open.

lujan
438 Ultra HD
724 HD
4 SD
post #3223 of 3248 Old 12-27-2018, 04:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
One thing I've tried with my older directv hd-dvr was to put one of the blasters right in front of it. It seemed to help a bit with commands that weren't quite registering, if my memory serves. Though sometimes as of late it has been a bit sluggish... In the past just unplugging the hub usually clears up such things up when they get sluggish, though I think I'll also go dust things off a bit now that I'm thinking about it.

Anyway, try putting a blaster in front of you directv dvr. (And also try unplugging the hub for a little bit, might clear something or other up, shouldn't hurt anything.)
post #3224 of 3248 Old 12-27-2018, 08:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
In one room my hub is inside a cabinet where most of the equipment is with a blaster out in the open to control my tv and sound bar. In another room the hub is out in the open in an equipment room with a blaster in the theater room to control the projector.

I’m guessing you have already gone through all the normal trouble shooting steps and ensured their are no delays anywhere either in the device settings or the activity power on/off sequences. IIRC I had one or two activities that seemed to take a very long time to start up and I found some excessive delays embedded in the power on sequences for those activities. I think as a default they were in there to ensure equipment was given enough time after power on to accept changing inputs but the delays were way more than what was really needed.

Mark
post #3225 of 3248 Old 12-27-2018, 08:54 PM

Liked: 37
My main issue is with DirecTV, mostly noticeable when trying to come out of a fast forwarding on a show recorded on dvr. Frequently I’ve had an issue with volume control on my tv. My hub is inside an av cabinet with glass doors and I have two IR blasters; one to left side inside of cabinet shelf below where hub is located. The other blaster is in the right inside cabinet near my DirecTV C61K.
post #3226 of 3248 Old 12-27-2018, 09:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
My main issue is with DirecTV, mostly noticeable when trying to come out of a fast forwarding on a show recorded on dvr. Frequently I’ve had an issue with volume control on my tv. My hub is inside an av cabinet with glass doors and I have two IR blasters; one to left side inside of cabinet shelf below where hub is located. The other blaster is in the right inside cabinet near my DirecTV C61K.
Got it. Sorry can’t help you with that one. It’s been a couple of years since I ditched my DirecTV sub and went all streaming.

Mark
post #3227 of 3248 Old 12-28-2018, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 13
1. Does the Elite work well controlling an Xbox One X as a bluray player? The game controller is a bit clunky for this purpose.

2. Does anyone know if a 2018 Samsung QLED tv can have a single button programmed on the Elite to turn game mode on and off ? I'd rather not go through the menus and the auto mode does not work for me.
post #3228 of 3248 Old 12-28-2018, 12:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 1876 Post(s)
Liked: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozshadow View Post
1. Does the Elite work well controlling an Xbox One X as a bluray player? The game controller is a bit clunky for this purpose.

2. Does anyone know if a 2018 Samsung QLED tv can have a single button programmed on the Elite to turn game mode on and off ? I'd rather not go through the menus and the auto mode does not work for me.
The Elite works well with the Xbox.
post #3229 of 3248 Old 12-28-2018, 03:15 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Does anybody have tips for getting a Elite setup to work with YouTube TV or PlayStation Vue? We’re going through the process of trying their trials.

I’ve had problems setting up activities with built in apps from day one. I can’t get any of them to start their sequences successfully. At least once I’m in them the controls seem to work (arrows, back, menu, etc.). However, no such luck with YTTV.

Likewise, does YTTV support profiles that you can access through the remote? For example, I customized my channel lineup and would expect I can view those or my wife can view hers if we setup an activity for her.

post #3230 of 3248 Old 12-29-2018, 07:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman07 View Post
Does anybody have tips for getting a Elite setup to work with YouTube TV or PlayStation Vue? We’re going through the process of trying their trials.

I’ve had problems setting up activities with built in apps from day one. I can’t get any of them to start their sequences successfully. At least once I’m in them the controls seem to work (arrows, back, menu, etc.). However, no such luck with YTTV.

Likewise, does YTTV support profiles that you can access through the remote? For example, I customized my channel lineup and would expect I can view those or my wife can view hers if we setup an activity for her.

Not sure exactly what you are asking for here. Perhaps I just don't use my Elites in the same way you do. My "Activities" are things like - "Watch FireTV" or "Watch Shield". As an example, when I click on the "Watch FireTV" activity it turns on my TV, sound system, and my FireTV device and sets the TV and sound system to the correct inputs. At that point if I want to watch PSVue or YouTube I just select the appropriate app and go from there.

Mark
post #3231 of 3248 Old 12-29-2018, 07:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Not sure exactly what you are asking for here. Perhaps I just don't use my Elites in the same way you do. My "Activities" are things like - "Watch FireTV" or "Watch Shield". As an example, when I click on the "Watch FireTV" activity it turns on my TV, sound system, and my FireTV device and sets the TV and sound system to the correct inputs. At that point if I want to watch PSVue or YouTube I just select the appropriate app and go from there.

Ideally the activity would be YTTV (or similar), and the AVR would set to the correct input and the tv would launch into the app without having to manually select anything. That isn’t working.

Regardless, even if I manually launch the app the remote won’t do anything aside from arrows and select. If it hit the back button or exit it backs out of YTTV. When I watch Netflix or regular YT apps, I at least have more functionality from the remote.

post #3232 of 3248 Old 12-29-2018, 08:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Ideally the activity would be YTTV (or similar), and the AVR would set to the correct input and the tv would launch into the app without having to manually select anything. That isn’t working.

Regardless, even if I manually launch the app the remote won’t do anything aside from arrows and select. If it hit the back button or exit it backs out of YTTV. When I watch Netflix or regular YT apps, I at least have more functionality from the remote.

For the Activity in question you need to make sure that the buttons you are trying to use are set for the correct function you want them to perform. Each Activity sets the buttons for that specific activity. Use the PC MyHarmony app (or the tablet Harmony app if that's all you have) and check the buttons for the Activity in question. You can assign them to anything you want. Pretty much if you can do it with the device remote you can do it with the Harmony Elite remote.
ipca204 likes this.

Mark
post #3233 of 3248 Old 12-29-2018, 02:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 1390 Post(s)
Liked: 744
Quote:

It really depends on what platform you’re streaming app is on. For example PS Vue, YouTube TV, Netflix, Directv Now, etc have different buttons on different platforms for Apple TV, TV apps like Android TV, Nvidia Shield, FireTV, etc.
Secondly you can program the Harmony Elite to fire up the streaming app you want by using left, right, up, down directional keys and the Select button to fire it up but they are tedious to create with delays and are not ideal. It’s best to just do what @mjwagner suggested (get to the device and select the app manually) but it’s possible.
Some of the apps even provide for a last channel function which is nice but I think that’s PS Vue only. All those types of button functions can be programmed in the Activity in the Customize Remote section.

mjwagner and ipca204 like this.

Mike
Sony XBR-65X930E | ATV4K-64GB & 32GB 5th Gen | Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2017 | Logitech Harmony Elite
post #3234 of 3248 Old 01-02-2019, 04:07 PM
Pip
Advanced Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 75
I already have the Ultimate with the hub and a companion remote. Does anyone know if I can simply buy the 950 remote and use it with my Ultimate hub, or do I have to buy the Elite remote with a new hub?

Thanks,

Pip
post #3235 of 3248 Old 01-02-2019, 05:12 PM

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pip View Post
I already have the Ultimate with the hub and a companion remote. Does anyone know if I can simply buy the 950 remote and use it with my Ultimate hub, or do I have to buy the Elite remote with a new hub?

Thanks,

Pip
you could use it with your hub, but would have to get rid of the ultimate. you can only have ONE touchscreen remote per hub. you could continue to use your companion remote as well as a harmony keyboard if you have one..
mjwagner likes this.
post #3236 of 3248 Old 01-02-2019, 06:15 PM
Pip
Advanced Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipca204 View Post
you could use it with your hub, but would have to get rid of the ultimate. you can only have ONE touchscreen remote per hub. you could continue to use your companion remote as well as a harmony keyboard if you have one..
Thanks. Saved me $50. Ordered a 950. I'll send back the Elite with hub. Fortunately I hadn't opened it yet.

Pip
post #3237 of 3248 Old 01-03-2019, 05:27 AM

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pip View Post
Thanks. Saved me $50. Ordered a 950. I'll send back the Elite with hub. Fortunately I hadn't opened it yet.

Pip
You can also then use the ultimate remote in another system as it is capable of controlling via IR. Also you could sell it to a person who has a hub and wanted an upgrade..just a few thoughts..
I really liked the feel of the ultimate in my hand versus the elite, but functionality and overall usability of the elite outweighed that for me..
post #3238 of 3248 Old 01-12-2019, 12:51 AM
Coyote Waits

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 1320 Post(s)
Liked: 2352
Both my OPPO players have lost IR contact with commands from our Harmony Elite controller after some house cleaning and reorganization. Both OPPOs respond to their respective controllers.

I'm using a Harmony Elite and it's hub to control all my home entertainment equipment. I have a small room on the other side of a living room wall where the TV is hung. All the other gear is in an open rack that stands beside my computer desk. Until I got my foot tangled up in it's wire I had a mini blaster going from the Hub through the wall to the TV. A new mini blaster will be here tomorrow.

The rack holds the cable box, a Roku 3, Roku Ultra, a four to one HDMI switch on the first shelf.

At the moment the next shelf just has the Hub and a power strip for all the transformers.

The third shelf has an OPPO 93 and an OPPO 203.

The fourth shelf has the AVR.

The fifth shelf doesn't have anything that's Harmony controlled. There is nothing on the very top shelf either.

Before I broke the wire to the TV mini blaster, the Hub got IR signals to everything in the rack without needing any special care about location. Now it's getting IR signals to every component but the two OPPO players on shelf three. I've tried moving the Hub to that shelf without a response, and I've just added a mini blaster to that shelf about four inches from the IR receivers in the OPPO players without a response.

A mystery, that's what I've gotten from taking this opportunity to clean house. Is there anything about disconnecting the OPPO players from power that could put them in a non IR receiving state?

My Components:
Denon X3400H, OPPO UDP-203 & BDP-93, Xfinity XG1-P, Vizio PQ, Roku 3 & Ultra 2018
Calibration Resources:
Customer's Reports -- Professional Calibrations
Calibrator's locations and tour areas.
post #3239 of 3248 Old 01-12-2019, 09:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post
Both my OPPO players have lost IR contact with commands from our Harmony Elite controller after some house cleaning and reorganization. Both OPPOs respond to their respective controllers.

I'm using a Harmony Elite and it's hub to control all my home entertainment equipment. I have a small room on the other side of a living room wall where the TV is hung. All the other gear is in an open rack that stands beside my computer desk. Until I got my foot tangled up in it's wire I had a mini blaster going from the Hub through the wall to the TV. A new mini blaster will be here tomorrow.

The rack holds the cable box, a Roku 3, Roku Ultra, a four to one HDMI switch on the first shelf.

At the moment the next shelf just has the Hub and a power strip for all the transformers.

The third shelf has an OPPO 93 and an OPPO 203.

The fourth shelf has the AVR.

The fifth shelf doesn't have anything that's Harmony controlled. There is nothing on the very top shelf either.

Before I broke the wire to the TV mini blaster, the Hub got IR signals to everything in the rack without needing any special care about location. Now it's getting IR signals to every component but the two OPPO players on shelf three. I've tried moving the Hub to that shelf without a response, and I've just added a mini blaster to that shelf about four inches from the IR receivers in the OPPO players without a response.

A mystery, that's what I've gotten from taking this opportunity to clean house. Is there anything about disconnecting the OPPO players from power that could put them in a non IR receiving state?
I would try rebooting and power cycling (unplug and replug) the hub. I would also check the Harmony IR assignments (handheld remote, gear icon, Settings, Devices, Hub Assignments). Never owned any Oppos so can’t help there.

Mark
post #3240 of 3248 Old 01-12-2019, 09:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 865 Post(s)
Liked: 594
I have a few smart lights/switches connected to smartthings. The elite is able to control all of my lights directly. I have everything setup where two of my lights are turned on/off with an activity. This works, however lately a third light has also been turning on/off with the activity. I just verified that It's not included in the activity and is not part of a smartthings trigger/app. I can still control the 3rd light directly with the elite.

Anyone else experienced this? kind of annoying.

Sony xbr65x850c Side Blooming test clips:
http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...br65x850c.xlsx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area