Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #31 of 34 Old 01-11-2019, 11:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Out of curiosity, when do amplifies start coming into play? I'm constantly seeing Emotiva's left and right in this forums, but I have no idea at what point people start using them. I wouldn't need one with this setup would I?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 01-12-2019, 07:09 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 54
No amp needed until you start adding channels...I asked the very same question when I was putting mine together...was told that even at higher volumes I was likely no where near what the AVR would put out at max...

Denon x4300H
Ascend Acoustics CMT 340 L/C/R with HTM 200 Surrounds
Rythmik LVX12
Oppo 203
(2) V.B.S.S w/ NX3000D
post #33 of 34 Old 01-12-2019, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggere View Post
No amp needed until you start adding channels...I asked the very same question when I was putting mine together...was told that even at higher volumes I was likely no where near what the AVR would put out at max...
OK thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 34 Old 01-12-2019, 03:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 764 Post(s)
Liked: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam King View Post
Out of curiosity, when do amplifies start coming into play? I'm constantly seeing Emotiva's left and right in this forums, but I have no idea at what point people start using them. I wouldn't need one with this setup would I?

It’s when you start wanting to “perfect” the sound.

Emotiva’s amps are extremely low THD coupled with extremely high output wattage. This means not only do you have the headroom to keep the amp at almost no wattage usage (keeps it cold, and without stressing it, so distortion and clipping stay almost inexistent), the amp itself will almost never touch or color the signal in any way.

Another reason would be, for example, something like Elac’s Unifi speakers or any other pair of low efficiency speakers that actually NEED higher wattage to reach desired SPL’s.

And something like the Denon X4400H that has processing for 11 channnels but only 9 powered, you’ll need an amp for the last 11 channels.

Oh and they get loud too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers