Forum Jump: 
 495Likes

post #1261 of 1317 Old 12-20-2018, 05:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I got a nvidia 3d vision emitter today, I was able to successful play 3d movies (from bluray media) using the Stereoscopic (that looks beautiful BTW), powerdvd on the otherhand does not works, just display the movie in 2d.

Thanks for the Advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roussi View Post
Sorry, I was brief as I was busy.

The above combinations allow playback of Bluray 3D disk on a PC, feeding 120 Hz frame-sequential 3D video to a "PC 3D ready" display, such as the UHD50. The output format has to be specified in the PowerDVD 3D settings. The left-right eye view will be random, and may have to be adjusted from PDVD or the projector each time the 3D display is turned on. For an AMD card, the 120 Hz refresh rate has to be set in the video settings for the projector. Don't know about NVidia. Preferably, no other display should be connected to the PC. Edit: connection may need to be directly from PC to projector (rather than through AVR, as most of these do not support 120 Hz video), with the audio connection from a different port (if DVI, an adapter may be needed).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 1317 Old 12-21-2018, 03:18 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Condojector View Post
You may want to look into one of those HDMI 4K signal repeaters.
I have not tried one myself so don't shoot the messenger.
I have a similar one hooked up and it seems to work. I have a 25' run from my PC upstairs to my AVR, and a 15' run back from the AVR to the PJ. I put a similar repeater on the 15' run and don't seem to have any issues. Both of my cables are C&E brand, category 2 certified with Ethernet, but not active or fiber cables. My FireStick is plugged directly into the AVR, and the Xbox 360 has a 3' cable.

AVR - Denon X3400 | Speakers - HTD Level Three Bookshelves | Subwoofer - Rythmik LV12F | Projector - Optoma UHD50 | Screen - Silver Ticket 16:9 120" (White)
post #1263 of 1317 Old 12-22-2018, 04:09 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 12
My 15' certified 4K Monoprice cable came in today. The same others have used with no problem. Still no sound connected to HDMI2. Looks like another faulty projector. Connected BluRay player to HDMI 1, no problem, sound from internal speakers. Connect to HDMI2 instead, and no sound. Sound doesn't come through the AVR either if I try to connect that way and then on to HDMI 2. Connect to HDMI 1 instead, and then I have sound.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1264 of 1317 Old 12-22-2018, 04:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonBonnell View Post
My 15' certified 4K Monoprice cable came in today. The same others have used with no problem. Still no sound connected to HDMI2. Looks like another faulty projector. Connected BluRay player to HDMI 1, no problem, sound from internal speakers. Connect to HDMI2 instead, and no sound. Sound doesn't come through the AVR either if I try to connect that way and then on to HDMI 2. Connect to HDMI 1 instead, and then I have sound.
Only HDMI 1 is 4K enabled on this projector.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
post #1265 of 1317 Old 12-22-2018, 04:44 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedWings View Post
Only HDMI 1 is 4K enabled on this projector.

I am not understanding this statement at all.

Isn't HDMI 1 4K up to 30Hz and HDMI 2 4K up to 60Hz?

Besides, I am not even sending it a 4K signal in this case. I have tried it with BluRay and DirecTV both sending 1080P.

Also, FYI, just tried it with a 3' Monoprice Certified cable and still no sound through HDMI 2.

Edit 12/23 Got it to work!

Here was the issue, the devices I had connected to the 4K 60Hz input were likely not up to HDMI 2.0 level. They were an older DirecTV box and Bluetooth player.

I connected instead a 4K Firestick and it puts sound through to this input. Found the answer on this Dennon forum: http://denon-uk.custhelp.com/app/an...cted-to-hdr-tv which stated "This behaviour is caused by the incompatibility of the older HDMI 1.3 compliant device and the modern HDMI 2.0 (or later) TVs or projectors. In most cases, you will also not get any audio when you connect the player directly to the same input of the TV."

I guess the issue was obvious, but it wasn't something I was thinking of. I did think perhaps it needed a 4K input to have sound, so in my trouble shooting I had set my AVR to 4K upscale, but that didn't help with the sound, since the source was still likely HDMI 1.3.

My AVR has two HDMI out. So I think it will work to run one to HDMI 1 and the other to HDMI 2 on the projector. Then I should be able to still run my old HDMI 1.3 devices as well as the 2.0 devices and have sound. Or those old devices I could connect via Optical or Coax which I already know works.

Edit2: Here is what happens with both 1.3 and 2.0 HDMI devices connected to my AVR and both HDMI outputs going to the UHD50, I get sound on both inputs, but, for Netflix at least, it drops the resolution down to HD from 4K even on the 4K 60hz Projector input. When I disconnect the HDMI cable going to HDMI1 then I get 4K from Netflix on HDMI2. So dual HDMI doesn't help, for Netflix at least, it defaults to the lowest of both connections. It works though to do Coax or Optical out from the 1.3 devices and plays with sound when connected to HDMI2 on the Projector. So that is what I will do in order to have 4K 60Hz content along with old 1.3 devices.

Last edited by RonBonnell; 12-23-2018 at 09:44 PM.
post #1266 of 1317 Old 12-26-2018, 11:48 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Can any UHD50 owner help me? I would like to know how to access the ten step “brilliant color” settings in the image section of the remotes menu. The owners manual online says to use the left arrow to go in to the sub menus, but it doesn’t seem to work for me.

Can anyone tell me whatI am doing wrong? I would appreciate any suggestions.
post #1267 of 1317 Old 12-26-2018, 01:52 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock3x8 View Post
At zero station the bottom of the screen should be at the level of the lens. Give or take a few inches depending how far back you are.

Or if ceiling mounted top of screen is at lens level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JRock how are you getting on with the UHD50? I noticed you come from the w1070, have a similar protection throw as I do and do some gaming and have actively monitored projectors that would be an ideal w1070 4k replacement. I'm in the same boat and would appreciate knowing if you are happy with your uhd50 purchase or would hold fire for longer. I have just replaced my w1070 bulb but if i see a post Christmas sale on the uhd50 I may still upgrade as i don't feel I'm getting the most out of my Xbox x with my w1070.
post #1268 of 1317 Old 12-26-2018, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Optoma UHD50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauldusler View Post
In very rare cases I also saw half an image on my UHD 40. It's definitely not the cable. It's a firmware bug we have to live with.

It stinks. I tried disconnecting the cable hoping it will resync, but no luck. Seems to be a projector bug somehow.

Last edited by OrangePhile; 12-26-2018 at 02:07 PM.
post #1269 of 1317 Old 12-26-2018, 02:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1580 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPHCCFC View Post
JRock how are you getting on with the UHD50? I noticed you come from the w1070, have a similar protection throw as I do and do some gaming and have actively monitored projectors that would be an ideal w1070 4k replacement. I'm in the same boat and would appreciate knowing if you are happy with your uhd50 purchase or would hold fire for longer. I have just replaced my w1070 bulb but if i see a post Christmas sale on the uhd50 I may still upgrade as i don't feel I'm getting the most out of my Xbox x with my w1070.
I've played a fair amount of Doom on it at 4k/60 and it looks incredible - like to the point where it has made me ill because I get dizzy.

I've watched Avengers and Last Jedi on it in 4k and Avengers especially I just can't get enough of. It's incredible. I just got Matrix trilogy and Transformers 1-5 over the last couple days so I'm eager to check those out.

The buzz still drives me bonkers when I first sit down but then as soon as I get into some content I forget about it.

Overall I think I'm getting what I want out of it. 4k at my screen size (160") and at the distance that I sit (9.5 feet) is a very noticeable improvement.
post #1270 of 1317 Old 12-26-2018, 02:04 PM

Thanks so much. Is the buzz evident in all UHD50s or is it just some of them? Also does the light border annoy you?
post #1271 of 1317 Old 12-26-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Thanks so much. Is the buzz evident in all UHD50s or is it just some of them? Also does the light border annoy you?

Buzz is not on all. Mine doesn't have it. The border is bad if you stare at it, but once you are watching the screen and image the border fades away.

JPHCCFC likes this.
post #1272 of 1317 Old 12-26-2018, 02:21 PM

Quote:
I've played a fair amount of Doom on it at 4k/60 and it looks incredible - like to the point where it has made me ill because I get dizzy.

I've watched Avengers and Last Jedi on it in 4k and Avengers especially I just can't get enough of. It's incredible. I just got Matrix trilogy and Transformers 1-5 over the last couple days so I'm eager to check those out.

The buzz still drives me bonkers when I first sit down but then as soon as I get into some content I forget about it.

Overall I think I'm getting what I want out of it. 4k at my screen size (160") and at the distance that I sit (9.5 feet) is a very noticeable improvement.
How do you find the input lag...do you notice the difference from your w1070. I'm generally a casual sports gamer e.g. FIFA and a bit of PUBG?
post #1273 of 1317 Old 12-26-2018, 02:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
How do you find the input lag...do you notice the difference from your w1070. I'm generally a casual sports gamer e.g. FIFA and a bit of PUBG?
yah I've heard people describe input lag and I just have never experienced anything that has impacted my gameplay other than a bad network connection.

so my answer is I don't know.
post #1274 of 1317 Old 12-26-2018, 02:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangePhile View Post
Buzz is not on all. Mine doesn't have it. The border is bad if you stare at it, but once you are watching the screen and image the border fades away.

Can I ask you to do me a favor? Can you put your phone in video mode, switch your UHD50 into any 4k mode and then record 10 seconds? And then just post that to youtube or something?

Because if what you are saying is true, this thing is going back.
post #1275 of 1317 Old 12-26-2018, 02:41 PM

Quote:
yah I've heard people describe input lag and I just have never experienced anything that has impacted my gameplay other than a bad network connection.

so my answer is I don't know.
Thanks JRock the fact you don't notice it tells me it's not too bad. How do you find the blacks in comparison to the w1070? Are they as good?
post #1276 of 1317 Old 12-26-2018, 02:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks JRock the fact you don't notice it tells me it's not too bad. How do you find the blacks in comparison to the w1070? Are they as good?
again not really my thing but projector central reviewed it and said the UHD50 had the best blacks of all the budget PJ's so take that for what it's worth.

The things that most "enthusiasts" of this hobby care about just sail right over my head. Sorry - wish I could be more helpful.
post #1277 of 1317 Old 12-26-2018, 03:18 PM

Thanks JRock I'm not an expert too, just wanna enjoy my big screen and Xbox x and your opinions count as you have a similar setup so thank you.
JRock3x8 likes this.
post #1278 of 1317 Old 12-27-2018, 04:13 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
HDR looks washed out and pale - what am I doing wrong?

I bought an Apple TV 4K and an Optoma UHD50. Still setting things up but when the Apple TV offered UHD I enabled it. The result was a washed & pale white hue over everything. Disabled it for a beautiful picture. What am I doing wrong?

(Admins, please move this to the HDR area. Sorry for posting it in the wrong place.)
post #1279 of 1317 Old 12-27-2018, 04:21 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hi Melvy kindly share your settings for Hdr
post #1280 of 1317 Old 12-27-2018, 04:24 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
You sit 9.5 feet away from a 160" screen? Lord have mercy
post #1281 of 1317 Old 12-27-2018, 04:26 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Thanks JRock I'm not an expert too, just wanna enjoy my big screen and Xbox x and your opinions count as you have a similar setup so thank you.
This pj destroys my old one. No regrets other than wishing it had a shorter throw, and the buzz noise. But I've learned to adapt
post #1282 of 1317 Old 12-27-2018, 04:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Liked: 331
Anyone here done a head 2 head with Optoma UHD50 vs BenQ W1700?

Both are faux-K, both have similar lumens, both are probably equally bad at black levels?
post #1283 of 1317 Old 12-27-2018, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Can I ask you to do me a favor? Can you put your phone in video mode, switch your UHD50 into any 4k mode and then record 10 seconds? And then just post that to youtube or something?

Because if what you are saying is true, this thing is going back.

Here you go Rock. Two videos; one with low volume and one without any sound. When I play the videos in quiet environment even I hear a faint whirring noise. Normally I hear nothing, every once in a while I'll hear the fan but only when dialog is low, also it is right above my head so I guess I'll hear the fan regardless of manufacturer.

post #1284 of 1317 Old 12-27-2018, 04:40 PM

BTW, last night I used the Xbox option to configure the brightness and contrast settings.....long overdue I know. The default settings weren't bad but this thing is awesome now.

I watched saving private Ryan again, normal hd unfortunately but hey, that move is still one of my all time favorites.

I watched lucy last week in 4k with disc and I was quite unimpressed with my atmos setup. It was supposed to be magical....anyways will dig in and ask around in a different thread on that.

post #1285 of 1317 Old 12-27-2018, 05:08 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
BTW, last night I used the Xbox option to configure the brightness and contrast settings.....long overdue I know. The default settings weren't bad but this thing is awesome now.

I watched saving private Ryan again, normal hd unfortunately but hey, that move is still one of my all time favorites.

I watched lucy last week in 4k with disc and I was quite unimpressed with my atmos setup. It was supposed to be magical....anyways will dig in and ask around in a different thread on that.

Calibration is key to getting the most from this projector. Performance out of the box is very underwhelming. I'm actually quite satisfied now with it.

post #1286 of 1317 Old 12-27-2018, 08:08 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
3D working on Radeon 5XXX

I was able to play 3D on my UHD50 without the 3D vision emitter. I Have a Radeon 5570 graphics card. I used the Bino player, changed my display settings to 1280*800 PX and 120 Hz and connected the HDMI1 port of projector. I was able to play H-SBS movies. Haven't tried other formats. Stereoscopic player did not work that well for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcelo Manzo View Post
I got a nvidia 3d vision emitter today, I was able to successful play 3d movies (from bluray media) using the Stereoscopic (that looks beautiful BTW), powerdvd on the otherhand does not works, just display the movie in 2d.

Thanks for the Advice.
post #1287 of 1317 Old 12-28-2018, 03:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Here you go Rock. Two videos; one with low volume and one without any sound. When I play the videos in quiet environment even I hear a faint whirring noise. Normally I hear nothing, every once in a while I'll hear the fan but only when dialog is low, also it is right above my head so I guess I'll hear the fan regardless of manufacturer.

http://youtu.be/qivj-OOxfKw

http://youtu.be/z6kPsSTJQM4

I hear it buzzing just like mine. Thanks.

post #1288 of 1317 Old 12-28-2018, 05:27 AM

Quote:
I hear it buzzing just like mine. Thanks.

I really don't hear that while watching a movie. I've listened to some other YouTube recordings of the same issue and done are quite bad.

post #1289 of 1317 Old 12-28-2018, 05:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I really don't hear that while watching a movie. I've listened to some other YouTube recordings of the same issue and done are quite bad.

any movie that has a truly "silent" moment like the last jedi - you're going to hear it. I also hear it while scrolling through menu's.

Funny part is if the fan always ran I wouldn't hear it at all.
post #1290 of 1317 Old 12-28-2018, 05:56 AM

Quote:
any movie that has a truly "silent" moment like the last jedi - you're going to hear it. I also hear it while scrolling through menu's.

Funny part is if the fan always ran I wouldn't hear it at all.

Fine, I'll watch the last jedi again.

What's our alternative? No other PJ comes close in terms of price vs features? I'm pretty happy with mine, I guess it helps that I never had one before to be able to say what it should sound like.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP