Forum Jump: 
 495Likes

post #1231 of 1317 Old 12-18-2018, 04:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Bad news... After ~140 hours of use, the projector (UHD40 = UHD50) is starting to make a "buzz", which varies in intensity and until now it disappears after a while. I will wait to become permanent before will send the projector to service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1232 of 1317 Old 12-18-2018, 06:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager3D View Post
Bad news... After ~140 hours of use, the projector (UHD40 = UHD50) is starting to make a "buzz", which varies in intensity and until now it disappears after a while.
Shocker!
post #1233 of 1317 Old 12-19-2018, 09:04 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Is there a way to play Bluray 3d movies on this projector using a pc?

I ve seen people successful playing 3d games at 1080p 120hz (using nvidia vision emitter) , but I did not see any solution on how to play 3d movies...

Any suggestion?

Last edited by Marcelo Manzo; 12-19-2018 at 10:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1234 of 1317 Old 12-19-2018, 09:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1580 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcelo Manzo View Post
Is there a way to play Bluray 3d movies on this projector?

I ve seen people successful playing 3d games at 1080p 120hz (using nvidia vision emitter) , but I did not see any solution on how to play 3d movies...

Any suggestion?

Nope. Pc only. And even getting that to work has been problematic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #1235 of 1317 Old 12-19-2018, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 7
So this happens sometimes: When using xbox 360 to stream Amazon prime video I use the x button on xbox controller to end the movie or go back in the menu. Either
1) it works fine
2) Half my screen goes black, sometimes left, sometimes right(see image)
3) full screen goes black

In situation 2 and 3 the only solution is to restart the projector completely.

Has anybody seen this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	optoma uhd50 - half screen black.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	246.3 KB
ID:	2498674  
post #1236 of 1317 Old 12-19-2018, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangePhile View Post
So this happens sometimes: When using xbox 360 to stream Amazon prime video I use the x button on xbox controller to end the movie or go back in the menu. Either
1) it works fine

Has anybody seen this?
Sounds like HDMI cable issue to me
post #1237 of 1317 Old 12-19-2018, 10:57 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I mean play 3d bluray using a pc

It's a bit tricky, not problematic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock3x8 View Post
Nope. Pc only. And even getting that to work has been problematic.

post #1238 of 1317 Old 12-19-2018, 01:31 PM

Quote:
I mean play 3d bluray using a pc

It's a bit tricky, not problematic.
I'm pretty sure there is a way to get them to play in 3D if you're playing them through your PC and not a bluray player.

There were at least 3 - 4 pages of this thread pretty much dedicated to getting 3D content to work on this pj...it was somewhere between page 21 and 32. Can't remember off the top of my head exactly what page. You should be able to find the relevant posts though if you search within that range.
post #1239 of 1317 Old 12-19-2018, 01:35 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Condojector View Post
Sounds like HDMI cable issue to me
Grrr...really hope not. I spent $120 on a 50ft fiber optic cable from Monoprice. My equipment is stored behind the screen and to run the cable properly in truncing it has to take a long loop.
post #1240 of 1317 Old 12-19-2018, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Grrr...really hope not. I spent $120 on a 50ft fiber optic cable from Monoprice. My equipment is stored behind the screen and to run the cable properly in truncing it has to take a long loop.
Does disconnecting and reconnecting the cable from the video source solve the issue?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
post #1241 of 1317 Old 12-19-2018, 02:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:

Any suggestion?

PowerDVD + NVidia card + 3d Vision adapter, or
PowerDVD + AMD card (HD 5xxx and newer)
I think Stereoscopic Player can be used for unprotected content instead of PDVD.
post #1242 of 1317 Old 12-19-2018, 02:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roussi View Post
I think Stereoscopic Player can be used for unprotected content instead of PDVD.

I think he wants to know if he can use a pc bluray drive.

post #1243 of 1317 Old 12-19-2018, 05:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Sorry, I was brief as I was busy.

The above combinations allow playback of Bluray 3D disk on a PC, feeding 120 Hz frame-sequential 3D video to a "PC 3D ready" display, such as the UHD50. The output format has to be specified in the PowerDVD 3D settings. The left-right eye view will be random, and may have to be adjusted from PDVD or the projector each time the 3D display is turned on. For an AMD card, the 120 Hz refresh rate has to be set in the video settings for the projector. Don't know about NVidia. Preferably, no other display should be connected to the PC. Edit: connection may need to be directly from PC to projector (rather than through AVR, as most of these do not support 120 Hz video), with the audio connection from a different port (if DVI, an adapter may be needed).

Last edited by Roussi; 12-19-2018 at 05:39 PM.
post #1244 of 1317 Old 12-20-2018, 05:48 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Question from a HT rookie. I have the UHD50 and I am in the mock up test phase of my small installation project. After setting the projector at what would be the installed height and set back i then turned it on to test picture size and confirm everything before actually installing things int the ceiling. The PJ was sitting level when it was turned on. The image was being shot super low. So i check that everything was set to factory. No zoom, keystone, height, etc. After playing with the set up i was able to get the shot where i wanted it. But it seems odd to me that the "factory" image does not display directly in front of the lens. Am i wrong to assume that a flat projector should shoot flat in front? See photos. They may make more sense. Is it possible the PJ has lens or projection issue? The PJ mount height is currently on the top 1/3 of the screen location and still needing to be pointed up. Thanks in advance. Sorry for the (possibly) noob question.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	edit 1.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	2498944   Click image for larger version

Name:	edit 2.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	182.8 KB
ID:	2498946   Click image for larger version

Name:	edit 3.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	2498948  

The dangerous Do-It-Yourself-er!
post #1245 of 1317 Old 12-20-2018, 06:26 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager3D View Post
Bad news... After ~140 hours of use, the projector (UHD40 = UHD50) is starting to make a "buzz", which varies in intensity and until now it disappears after a while. I will wait to become permanent before will send the projector to service.
I had exactly the same issues after 10 hours of use. Randomly the noise went away but returned after some minutes again. I replaced the projector and the issue did not happen again (250 lamp hours now).
post #1246 of 1317 Old 12-20-2018, 06:29 AM

Quote:
1) it works fine

Has anybody seen this?
In very rare cases I also saw half an image on my UHD 40. It's definitely not the cable. It's a firmware bug we have to live with.
post #1247 of 1317 Old 12-20-2018, 06:32 AM

Quote:

Any suggestion?
Roussi perfectly answered that question.

Btw I created a FAQ here about UHD 40 / 50 where this and other questions are also answered: http://forums.geforce.com/default/t...0x1080-120hz-/
post #1248 of 1317 Old 12-20-2018, 08:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04dreamcobra View Post
Question from a HT rookie. I have the UHD50 and I am in the mock up test phase of my small installation project. After setting the projector at what would be the installed height and set back i then turned it on to test picture size and confirm everything before actually installing things int the ceiling. The PJ was sitting level when it was turned on. The image was being shot super low. So i check that everything was set to factory. No zoom, keystone, height, etc. After playing with the set up i was able to get the shot where i wanted it. But it seems odd to me that the "factory" image does not display directly in front of the lens. Am i wrong to assume that a flat projector should shoot flat in front? See photos. They may make more sense. Is it possible the PJ has lens or projection issue? The PJ mount height is currently on the top 1/3 of the screen location and still needing to be pointed up. Thanks in advance. Sorry for the (possibly) noob question.
Gosh, you ARE a rookie - which means you are in for a treat!

This is by design, to allow installation/positioning of the projector close to the ceiling, projecting down on the screen, over the heads of the viewers.

Also, apparently you are not familiar with projector calculators; you may want to try and play with the one at ProjectorCentral, for example.
post #1249 of 1317 Old 12-20-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Gosh, you ARE a rookie - which means you are in for a treat!

This is by design, to allow installation/positioning of the projector close to the ceiling, projecting down on the screen, over the heads of the viewers.

Also, apparently you are not familiar with projector calculators; you may want to try and play with the one at ProjectorCentral, for example.
Thanks for the response! Yeah. Total projector rookie. I ahve done enough DIY things with TV's and speakers but nothing with a projector. So this is an experience. The distance and height calc came from projector central. And I'm not sure the concern was clearly given or understood. With the PJ mounted at 10.5' from the screen and 19" from the ceiling, the image is all displayed roughly 4' lower than the screen. So either their calc is wrong or there is an issue(my observation). There is of course the chance that all is well and simply mounting a projector is 10X more complicated than I assumed. HA. I did talk with Optoma this morning and they stated they are made to shoot downward if installed overhead, but not the extreme amount mine is. That they should be mostly straight on. They suspect something was damaged or shifted during shipping. I then talked to the company I purchased it through(Amazon) and they have processed a swap out.

post #1250 of 1317 Old 12-20-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
LOL can you stand back a little further with your camera and post a full pic of that leaning tower of pisa you built there?

Oh, and did you try manually adjusting the vertical shift knob on top of the pj?
JRock3x8 likes this.

Last edited by Condojector; 12-20-2018 at 09:43 AM.
post #1251 of 1317 Old 12-20-2018, 09:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

It could have also been that you had the vertical shift fully engaged on the pj. We will never know now.

post #1252 of 1317 Old 12-20-2018, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condojector View Post
LOL can you stand back a little further with your camera and post a full pic of that leaning tower of pisa you built there?
HAHA. Those pictures make it look so bad. It is actually 2 multi position ladder and a wood board. A couple boxes were used for leveling. Im not THAT much of a noob. IT was quite solid. HA

post #1253 of 1317 Old 12-20-2018, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock3x8 View Post
It could have also been that you had the vertical shift fully engaged on the pj. We will never know now.

I checked the vertical (lens) shift and made sure it was not the issue. The dial was centered on turns. It also doesn't move it a ton. But that was my first thought.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	edit 4.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	2499054   Click image for larger version

Name:	edit 5.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	188.8 KB
ID:	2499056  

post #1254 of 1317 Old 12-20-2018, 09:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I wonder if your vertical shift was broken.

It should turn all the way around at least once.

post #1255 of 1317 Old 12-20-2018, 09:58 AM

It did turn. I think 1.5 turns. IT moved it but the move was minimal. Any clue how much movement it should give? It only moved it maybe 6" from center.

post #1256 of 1317 Old 12-20-2018, 09:59 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauldusler View Post
Roussi perfectly answered that question.

Btw I created a FAQ here about UHD 40 / 50 where this and other questions are also answered: http://forums.geforce.com/default/t...0x1080-120hz-/
Thanks for this FAQ!

I will definitely be looking at your tweaks on it. Wish I had seen it earlier when setting up 3D.

Perhaps the 3D Fix Manager would have worked for me. But if you see my post earlier. There was no way I could get the wizard to work connected to the projector. It would just flash black and then back to the screen. Something was out of synch. I got it to work instead by connecting a different monitor and then running the wizard, then it worked with Projector after that.

I am still waiting for new cables from MonoPrice which are taking forever to get here to test out the 4K connection to see if I can get sound. Someone mentioned earlier that the 60Hz connection looked so much better.

Just have a question between the two inputs. What would the 4K 60Hz input be used for, where is it beneficial? Is it just in playing games? This wouldn't really benefit movies would it? I don't intend to play games on it. Any gaming I do is in VR, so I doubt I will be trying 3D games.

Edit: To answer some of my own question on 60 fps content, it appears some content, such as Netflix is in 60Hz and won't even play 4K if you don't have a 4K 60hz connection, so I definitely need to get that working with sound.

Last edited by RonBonnell; 12-20-2018 at 10:15 AM.
post #1257 of 1317 Old 12-20-2018, 10:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It did turn. I think 1.5 turns. IT moved it but the move was minimal. Any clue how much movement it should give? It only moved it maybe 6" from center.

15%

post #1258 of 1317 Old 12-20-2018, 10:09 AM

So 15% of a 49" tall screen yields 7.35" of vertical shift? That simple? If so I would say it's pretty close to that.
JRock3x8 likes this.

post #1259 of 1317 Old 12-20-2018, 10:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

At zero station the bottom of the screen should be at the level of the lens. Give or take a few inches depending how far back you are.

Or if ceiling mounted top of screen is at lens level

post #1260 of 1317 Old 12-20-2018, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
I made a review of the UHD300x, wich is very alike the UHD50/40
http://afterconvert.com/forum/68-di...4k-gamers.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP