Forum Jump: 
 14Likes

post #8671 of 8674 Old 01-07-2019, 04:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Looks like Syncom decided not to renew affiliation on 1 January for H&I and Movies! (circumstances beyond our control). That is, the Weigel Broadcasting which owns H&I, Movies! and MeTV may have upped their carriage fees..

Maybe H&I and Movies! may end up on another Denver channel. But, KREG's signal will never make it to Denver. It is lucky it makes it to Aspen and Grand Junction, let alone Denver.

Finally, thanks to cell phones, and the FCC auction, we are seeing the beginning of reduction of digital subchannels. There is now less frequencies available for US broadcast TV. What used to be 81 channels, then 68 channels, is now down to 29 channels. (7 - 36). Though, some low power channels can run on 3 -6.

Denver has a crowded spectrum, but not as bad as a place like New York or Los Angeles, where there are a number of channels that will go dark, so people can get G5 cell phone service.

Also, if more main channels go from 720p to 1080i, then more subchannels will be eliminated.

Of course there is ATSC 3.0, which is being tested, that could reverse this trend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8672 of 8674 Old 01-09-2019, 08:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post
I heard KTFD was supposed to move from 26 to 28 today.
This finally happened today (1/9/2019).
Trip in VA likes this.
post #8673 of 8674 Old 01-12-2019, 12:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
It looks like virtual channels 16 and 26 have moved from RF channel 16 to 14, so maybe some people who could not get them before will be able to get them now.

26-1 and 26-2 are now showing an updated crawler that says, "Attention viewers. Due to circumstances beyond our control the Movies channel programming is off the air. Go to www.weigelbroadcasting.com/contact to request that programming resumes on this station."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8674 of 8674 Old 01-15-2019, 09:02 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I confirm that channels 16/26 are now viewable again, in Longmont, on RF14. It is at a lower strength, but that may change when KCEC moved from RF 15 to RF 32. That will be a while, as KDVR has to move from RF 32 to RF 36, as they are in the last phase for station relocations.

I am not sure we will see H&I and Movies! on RF 14, as Weigel is most likely trying to get them on a full powered station. The crawl seems to imply that Weigel dropped Syncom, and not the other way around.

Considering COZI is on two channels right now (9 and 25), and there is enough capacity,on Virtual 25, it is possible that COZI is dropped, and the two Weigel channels added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick313 View Post
It looks like virtual channels 16 and 26 have moved from RF channel 16 to 14, so maybe some people who could not get them before will be able to get them now.

26-1 and 26-2 are now showing an updated crawler that says, "Attention viewers. Due to circumstances beyond our control the Movies channel programming is off the air. Go to www.weigelbroadcasting.com/contact to request that programming resumes on this station."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception