• 1 Post By dtv757
  • 2 Post By oriolesmagic

post #1 of 22 Old 04-05-2017, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Question Official AVS National HD Channel Lineups - Cable/DBS/Fiber/IPTV - Updated 1/11/2019

This will be the new thread going forward that is a comprehensive chart of all providers' HD offerings nationally. The chart includes major cable, satellite, telco, IPTV and streaming offerings. The previous thread can be found HERE.

Channels are broken down by category so that you can compare offerings between providers for networks (standard television channels), premiums (HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Starz), international channels (channels either being in another language other than English or marketed to international audiences), and PPV channels (either by subscription service or one-time rental fee).

In the case of cable providers, some channels may not be carried in your market due to bandwidth or perceived lack of interest. You should always check with the provider before signing up for service if you are looking for certain services. As always, channels are subject to change with carriage disputes and format changes. If you have any questions about what is available in a certain market, please ask me and I'll try to get that information for you. Channels marked wide are carried in at least 50% of possible markets from that company.

Regional sports networks are usually only offered in their respective territories. DirecTV offers the Sports Pack that allows you to access these out-of-market. Essentially, use the regional sports network chart as a way to determine what might be seen in your area if you're a sports fan. Note that some providers don't carry all regional sports networks available, and that what you can get in a certain area may vary from providers.

Premium channels, and some networks, are available with East and West feeds. They are only marked on this chart if a provider offers both. For most premium channels, only one feed will be offered in an area. Some providers do offer both feeds, and prioritize the native area feed on their respective coast.

If you're wondering about your local market, you can see your area, down to your specific cable/satellite system, included with channel numbers and what's carried in standard definition HERE!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RSN HD Lineup.pdf (105.1 KB, 76 views)
File Type: pdf HD Lineup.pdf (620.1 KB, 19 views)
dtv757, HDOrlando and hlvowell like this.

Last edited by oriolesmagic; 01-11-2019 at 09:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 07-24-2018, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

With no objections that I've heard in regards to sharing the pictures of the charts, I will not be doing so any longer. From this point forward, the charts will be shared via .pdf upload.

I wanted to make everyone aware that I do have localized market charts available for each DMAs. These charts are complete with every system in that market, with local channels, channel numbers, as well as what channels are offered in SD.

All markets are available. Please let me know if you see any errors or additions that need to be made on the charts linked above.
dtv757 and HDOrlando like this.

Last edited by oriolesmagic; 10-15-2018 at 07:19 AM.
post #3 of 22 Old 01-11-2019, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

So the latest update is here. Here's what's new:

i24 News HD, Newsmax HD and Z Living HD have been marked as limited for Comcast, due to them only being available on the X1 platform.

eScapes HD and Star India Plus HD have been removed from the chart entirely.

The 4K/UHD channels have been added. This is what I can confirm exists so far. If anyone has seen anything additional, please let me know.

Fuse HD is off Comcast and Verizon. I can't confirm anything has happened with FM yet, so I'm leaving it there for Comcast. The Blaze HD is off Verizon Fios.

BET Her HD, Logo HD and UP HD are wide for Frontier. Univision Deportes HD is wide for Suddenlink.

HSN HD is wide for Dish.

Discovery en Espanol HD and Discovery Familia HD are wide for CenturyLink as well.

There's lots of changes with end of year carriage agreements, and other things in place. I think we'll see some more big changes through the 1Q of 2019.
dtv757 and longhorn23 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 01-11-2019, 01:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Nice u added 4k , but I dont see them ? I'm viewing on phone

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

MY COMMENTS ARE MY OWN PERSONAL OPINIONS AND IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM REPRESENT
Bell Atlantic or its Subsidiaries
post #5 of 22 Old 01-11-2019, 09:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Comcast added CLEO here on ch's 170/1624...SD as they usually do
post #6 of 22 Old 01-13-2019, 09:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriolesmagic View Post
The 4K/UHD channels have been added. This is what I can confirm exists so far. If anyone has seen anything additional, please let me know.
There is 2 more 4K channels, from the same distributor (SES) of the other 8 you have listed - 4K Universe & Funbox UHD. Here is a news release where they talk about all 11 channels they're distributing. (there is an SES promo channel; probably not necessary to add that...)
http://www.ses.com/press-release/co...s-ultra-hd-ses

You can also see this corresponds with their listings on Lyngsat, where they are carried across 3 bouquets on TP's 2, 4 & 21:
http://www.lyngsat.com/SES-1.html

An old article announcing this offering for cable systems:
http://www.multichannel.com/news/se...ial-mix-411179

Quote:
I can't confirm anything has happened with FM yet, so I'm leaving it there for Comcast.
It's still on our system (in SD)...I'll keep an eye out for any announcements on our bills

Last edited by dishrich; 01-13-2019 at 10:27 PM.
post #7 of 22 Old 01-14-2019, 06:34 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtv757 View Post
Nice u added 4k , but I dont see them ? I'm viewing on phone

4K/UHD is all the way down on the bottom.
post #8 of 22 Old 01-14-2019, 06:37 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishrich View Post
There is 2 more 4K channels, from the same distributor (SES) of the other 8 you have listed - 4K Universe & Funbox UHD. Here is a news release where they talk about all 11 channels they're distributing. (there is an SES promo channel; probably not necessary to add that...)
http://www.ses.com/press-release/co...s-ultra-hd-ses

You can also see this corresponds with their listings on Lyngsat, where they are carried across 3 bouquets on TP's 2, 4 & 21:
http://www.lyngsat.com/SES-1.html

An old article announcing this offering for cable systems:
http://www.multichannel.com/news/se...ial-mix-411179

It's still on our system (in SD)...I'll keep an eye out for any announcements on our bills
Of the companies they've listed, there's a few names I don't even recognize. I know Armstrong has the NASA 4K channel, but only that. I think whatever Service Electric has is streaming only.

I do know FM is under the same umbrella as Fuse. What's challenging with that is they hooked up possibly after a carriage agreement was in place. Fuse used to be connected to the AMC Networks, as it was owned by MSG. FM was Nuvo TV, and now both are connected. If Fuse ever does return to Comcast or Verizon, FM will likely be coming with it. Verizon dropped FM a year or so ago, but only ever had it in SD. Frontier, in former Verizon areas, actually added FM HD this past year.
post #9 of 22 Old 01-14-2019, 08:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
4K/UHD is all the way down on the bottom.
ok i see it now but how would you add FS1/ NBC sports ??

like todays NBA game is 4k via directv (Fox sports net/nba)
but FS1 is multiple providers (dish, directv, optimum, layer 3, fubotv)
NBC sports 4k events are (directv, optimum, fubotv )
longhorn23 likes this.

post #10 of 22 Old 01-15-2019, 01:59 PM

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:

or even RSN 4K feeds?

or say down the road Directv picks up the rorgers 4K feeds for MLB EI or NHL CI?
post #11 of 22 Old 01-16-2019, 07:29 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe The Dragon View Post
or even RSN 4K feeds?

or say down the road Directv picks up the rorgers 4K feeds for MLB EI or NHL CI?
None of what you are proposing involves actual channels at this time. Everything on DirecTV is offered via their own channel. They're taking feeds and providing them, but not on actual channel. There is not even a part-time channel, so to speak. What's on DirecTV is basically whatever they compile that's out there.

There is no FS1 4K. There is no NBC Sports 4K. When there are, they'll be added. But for now, all we have are specialized feeds offered at a provider-specific level.

There are no 4K RSN's. When there are, they'll be added to the 4K RSN section that would be created. We're getting a little ahead of ourselves here, I think.
dishrich and dtv757 like this.
post #12 of 22 Old 01-17-2019, 11:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Spectrum has added Cleo TV.

It's on channels 54/1269 although it is currently a black screen.

They also have added LOVE but that is SD only it appears.
post #13 of 22 Old 01-18-2019, 07:08 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDOrlando View Post

It's on channels 54/1269 although it is currently a black screen.

They also have added LOVE but that is SD only it appears.
Is LOVE possibly LoveWorld? That's a religious channel Verizon Fios carries in HD.

Looks like Cleo (which just launched on Comcast) might be in HD for Spectrum. I'll start investigating.

CONFIRMED Cleo HD (In TWC, BHN and Charter areas). HD in all. JBS HD has been added to some additional legacy Charter areas. I still can't figure out if NBA TV HD has come or the League Pass channels yet. So far, I'm seeing NBA TV on most Charter systems, but only in the SD areas.

Last edited by oriolesmagic; 01-18-2019 at 07:52 AM.
post #14 of 22 Old 01-18-2019, 09:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Is LOVE possibly LoveWorld? That's a religious channel Verizon Fios carries in HD.

Looks like Cleo (which just launched on Comcast) might be in HD for Spectrum. I'll start investigating.

CONFIRMED Cleo HD (In TWC, BHN and Charter areas). HD in all. JBS HD has been added to some additional legacy Charter areas. I still can't figure out if NBA TV HD has come or the League Pass channels yet. So far, I'm seeing NBA TV on most Charter systems, but only in the SD areas.
It is indeed LoveWorld but appears to be SD-Only here.

We still do not have Team 10 HD or Game 10-14 HD.
post #15 of 22 Old 01-18-2019, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
It is indeed LoveWorld but appears to be SD-Only here.

We still do not have Team 10 HD or Game 10-14 HD.
I still don't think TWC/BHN has these yet, outside of maybe some oddball systems. There's still the CA and TX systems that don't have any more than Game 1, Game 2 and Team 1 in HD.

From tvguide, who is better at labeling channels for Charter in HD, I've confirmed that NBA TV is in HD, like Newsmax, in the lower channel numbers.
HDOrlando likes this.
post #16 of 22 Old 01-18-2019, 11:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
CONFIRMED Cleo HD (In TWC, BHN and Charter areas). HD in all.
Quote:
HD, can you keep a particular eye out for another new channel that might also get added to Spectrum; it's called AFRO & was also added (in SD only, of course ) to the majority of Comcast systems last month, as part of this:
http://www.multichannel.com/news/co...annels-january

Note this in the article:
Quote:
Afro, owned by Orlando-based production company Afrotainment
post #17 of 22 Old 01-18-2019, 11:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishrich View Post
HD, can you keep a particular eye out for another new channel that might also get added to Spectrum; it's called AFRO & was also added (in SD only, of course ) to the majority of Comcast systems last month, as part of this:
http://www.multichannel.com/news/co...annels-january

Note this in the article:
Will do.
post #18 of 22 Old 01-18-2019, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

It appears Cleo does not officially launch as a channel until tomorrow, even though channel listings added it for Comcast.

I've checked, and I haven't seen any other providers carrying it. Because Cox went on a binge to add TV One everywhere in the last year or so, I thought they might add Cleo. No sign of it, or anything new from them.
post #19 of 22 Old 01-18-2019, 03:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
It appears Cleo does not officially launch as a channel until tomorrow, even though channel listings added it for Comcast.

You mean for TWC or Comcast??? Because it's been carrying a normal, programming schedule, with full normal listings, since the day Comcast launched over a week ago.
post #20 of 22 Old 01-18-2019, 08:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Looks like they starting to form something with the graphics

I saw this during what would be a commercial break !
Hopefully by summer a full time channel

longhorn23 likes this.

Last edited by dtv757; Yesterday at 04:46 AM.
post #21 of 22 Old Yesterday, 08:00 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Looks like they starting to form something with the graphics

I saw this during what would be a commercial break !
Hopefully by summer a full time channel [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]

It's a nice thought, but 4K seems to be going much more the novelty route to failure like 3D than being adopted the way HD was.

It will only ever succeed if content providers will create the content for it. And there's been little interest from the big players in doing that on a consistent basis.
dishrich and DrDon like this.
post #22 of 22 Old Yesterday, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1919 Post(s)
Liked: 3625
For a dedicated channel to succeed, it needs enough content to justify extracting additional fees from MPVDs.. fees they can either pass along to subscribers or will happily shell out to attract new ones. And a channel will need widespread carriage to sell advertising. That means Spectrum, Cox, Comcast and everyone else, not just DirecTV and Dish. Most terrestrial cable companies have no 4k capabilities and it would cost a ton of money to deploy it. (Here's a hint: DirecTV has the most linear 4k and is still bleeding subscribers).

So, without the numbers the channel would need for advertising, it would have to rely mostly on carriage fees. That means double the normal carriage fees. Think HBO. You up for paying $15/mo for content that's readily available elsewhere, though not in 4k?

This was easy with ESPN2, FS1 and so forth because they moved exclusive content to those channels. Fox Sports 4k wouldn't have anything unique and not much in 4k.

The thing that's really missing from 4k we had during the HD rollout was money from equipment manufacturers. Sony, LG, et al backed the Brinks truck up to the networks' doors to pay for the buildout. Don't see that happening for 4k. Now, that could change. Keep an ear out on FS1 for when Gus Johnson says, "This broadcast available in 4k, brought to you by LG."

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.

Last edited by DrDon; Yesterday at 03:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming