Forum Jump: 
 29Likes

post #31 of 75 Old 07-11-2018, 03:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Just grabbed the 2D/3D bundle on VUDU for $20. That's not bad as far as VUDU prices go for 3D. Was thinking of grabbing the rampage bundle also for $20.
wildbill722 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 75 Old 07-14-2018, 07:03 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4940 Post(s)
Liked: 5193
The 3D is excellent in this title! quick remux of the ATMOS track, it was much more fun than the 2D presentation. They did a great job with the 3D

dew42, GordoSan and mavericks64 like this.
post #33 of 75 Old 07-15-2018, 10:26 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
The 3D is excellent in this title! quick remux of the ATMOS track, it was much more fun than the 2D presentation. They did a great job with the 3D

Just purchased what looks like the same region-free steelbook from the eBay seller that dew42 linked. I will finally cancel my Amazon preorder now. They are guaranteeing delivery by the 19th. Psyched that there's an Atmos track to boot!

I'll probably get the 4K at a later date.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 75 Old 07-15-2018, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordoSan View Post
Just purchased what looks like the same region-free steelbook from the eBay seller that dew42 linked. I will finally cancel my Amazon preorder now. They are guaranteeing delivery by the 19th. Psyched that there's an Atmos track to boot!

I'll probably get the 4K at a later date.

Hi, the ATMOS is only on the 2D BD unfortunately. We use this process below to remux the ATMOS track to the 3D BD then either burn a 3D BD or play the muxed file on a 3D capable media player like the Zidoo X9s or Oppo 203 player.

http://afterconvert.com/forum/39-ne...quality-3.html
javanpohl likes this.
post #35 of 75 Old 07-16-2018, 01:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 780 Post(s)
Liked: 481
Especially since I'm rarely on here much these days, it's pretty cool popping into a random thread and seeing one of your tutorial threads being reference in the last message. WOOT WOOT!

Really glad I discovered this thread. I pre-ordered the 3d version on Amazon but it's still sitting at $48 one week from release date. Gonna go ahead and cancel that and pick up one of these other 3D versions. Thanks for all the good info!

Oh, BTW, looks like the Best Buy version is gone again. Target one is still up though.
GordoSan and zombie10k like this.
post #36 of 75 Old 07-16-2018, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
Hi, the ATMOS is only on the 2D BD unfortunately. We use this process below to remux the ATMOS track to the 3D BD then either burn a 3D BD or play the muxed file on a 3D capable media player like the Zidoo X9s or Oppo 203 player.

http://afterconvert.com/forum/39-ne...quality-3.html
Boo! Oh well. I guess the Atmos track wouldn't fit with the extra frames? Seems like DTS HD for all 3D then. Wish I had time for my own mix like that.

Anyway I was just notified that it's already shipped! This will be like a whole week ahead of Amazon, and cheaper.
post #37 of 75 Old 07-16-2018, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Boo! Oh well. I guess the Atmos track wouldn't fit with the extra frames? Seems like DTS HD for all 3D then. Wish I had time for my own mix like that.

Anyway I was just notified that it's already shipped! This will be like a whole week ahead of Amazon, and cheaper.

There would have been plenty of space on the 3D BD if we swap out the DTS-HD track for the ATMOS track. This is the case with the majority of 3D BD's that I've added the ATMOS track to. It unfortunately just a bad decision on the part of the studios.

I am glad we are still getting 3D content considering how many people predicted it's death which hasn't quite happened yet.
robsis, GordoSan and mavericks64 like this.
post #38 of 75 Old 07-16-2018, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by javanpohl View Post
Especially since I'm rarely on here much these days, it's pretty cool popping into a random thread and seeing one of your tutorial threads being reference in the last message. WOOT WOOT!

Really glad I discovered this thread. I pre-ordered the 3d version on Amazon but it's still sitting at $48 one week from release date. Gonna go ahead and cancel that and pick up one of these other 3D versions. Thanks for all the good info!

Oh, BTW, looks like the Best Buy version is gone again. Target one is still up though.
Well, I cancelled Amazon, but still paid $45 with free shipping. I normally don't care about the steelbook, but somehow it seems like less of a ripoff . The best part is, that it's already shipped instead of waiting another week.
post #39 of 75 Old 07-17-2018, 07:37 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 147
I just ordered the 4K/3D/Blu special steelbook bundle from Amazon/France. Came out, for me, to $35 shipped.....must've been a Prime Day deal as I thought it was pricier. Will have to wait a little while longer to get delivery; however, killer deal.

Can't wait!
GordoSan likes this.

Ptree:

Sometimes, it's only afterwards, I find that I'm not there.
post #40 of 75 Old 07-17-2018, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by robsis View Post
I just ordered the 4K/3D/Blu special steelbook bundle from Amazon/France. Came out, for me, to $35 shipped.....must've been a Prime Day deal as I thought it was pricier. Will have to wait a little while longer to get delivery; however, killer deal.

Can't wait!
The price will drop when you go through the checkout process as they remove the hidden tax from the product price when they see you have a foreign address. You must have got free shipping.

An amazon.com account works at amazon.fr and most other amazon sites.
post #41 of 75 Old 07-17-2018, 09:49 AM

That was a great price, just ordered. Thanks for heads up! I already have the 3D BD steelbook but this one is nicer with the 4K UHD included.
post #42 of 75 Old 07-17-2018, 11:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 561 Post(s)
Liked: 421
Quote:
I'll just quote my post from the 4K review thread
Quote:
Still don't know why Warner insists on adding a DTS-MA 5.1 track. It's a waste of both space and bandwidth. Literally.
Someone measured out the Atmos track vs. the DTS and not only does the Atmos use less bandwith and less space on disc (by nearly a gigabyte) - it does so with 7.1 channels and Atmos objects! No other company does this. There are some Sony discs with both but in those cases it's the original mix - the Atmos is a remix.

Atmos is designed to play from 2.0 to 5.1 to 7.1 to Atmos, there is no need for a DTS-MA 5.1 track. Not to mention some displays won't even take a DTS signal unless converted to PCM. The hiddent AC-3 track takes care of it in Atmos' case.
There is no reason for it to be on disc and the default track at that.
So for the 3D using Atmos would use LESS space and LESS bandwidth than a DTS-MA track.

I have no idea why Warner is doing this on their 3D discs. No other company does it.

My opinions do not reflect the policies of my company
post #43 of 75 Old 07-18-2018, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTHX View Post
I'll just quote my post from the 4K review thread

So for the 3D using Atmos would use LESS space and LESS bandwidth than a DTS-MA track.

I have no idea why Warner is doing this on their 3D discs. No other company does it.
Thanks for the info. I had wondered if Atmos was in fact taking up less space, due to how object-based sounds are stored.

The real shame is that they are blatantly misreading the audience. I mean, obviously the same people that want a 3D image want 3D sound to match, wouldn't you think? Especially with the added premium that we are paying.
mavericks64 likes this.

Last edited by GordoSan; 07-18-2018 at 12:52 PM.
post #44 of 75 Old 07-18-2018, 02:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 561 Post(s)
Liked: 421
Quote:
Thanks for the info. I had wondered if Atmos was in fact taking up less space, due to how object-based sounds are stored.

The real shame is that they are blatantly misreading the audience. I mean, obviously the same people that want a 3D image want 3D sound to match, wouldn't you think? Especially with the added premium that we are paying.
For Ready Player One:

Dolby TrueHD 7.1 with Atmos - 3.15GB (avg. bit rate 3 218 kb/s)
DTS-MA 5.1 - 4.09GB (avg. bit rate : 4 184 kb/s)

Paramount, Universal...even Shout Factory have no problem with having Atmos tracks on their 3D discs (Disney, Fox & Sony don't do Atmos on standard & 3D Blu-ray)
GordoSan likes this.

My opinions do not reflect the policies of my company
post #45 of 75 Old 07-24-2018, 05:52 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So is the only way to get this in 3D in the US through Amazon or WB's own store?

I couldn't find the 3D version anywhere else in the US, and Amazon's price is a ridiculous $48.... wile WB's store once tax and shipping is tacked on costs nearly as much as well.
post #46 of 75 Old 07-24-2018, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberAkuma View Post
So is the only way to get this in 3D in the US through Amazon or WB's own store?

I couldn't find the 3D version anywhere else in the US, and Amazon's price is a ridiculous $48.... wile WB's store once tax and shipping is tacked on costs nearly as much as well.
Check the first post in this thread. There are links for Target (US) and amazon Canada (current exchange is $0.76 USD for $1.00 CDN). These will likely be your best choice for price.

The amazon France option is a popular choice, in this thread, because it includes 3D plus 4K and is region free (See audio details in post 24). The yesasia.com and ebay links are also a region free option. These discs will have all have an English sound track though the cover art and menus may be in another language.

Apparently Raul-And-I has his own site (not just ebay). Prices are a bit different.

http://rahulandi.com/ready-player-on...-edition-2018/

Amazon UK is listed as region B. It is likely, but not guaranteed, to be region free. Warner Brothers is usually region free. Those that take the chance usually post what they got. I bought from amazon Canada so it won't be me.

With foreign amazon sites, you can usually save on shipping if you buy more than one disc per order. During the checkout process you can see the shipping fees before committing to an order. The checkout process will also remove any hidden taxes from the product price that won't apply to you.
post #47 of 75 Old 07-24-2018, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Does anyone know if this is legit? It says "Manufactured on Demand".

Ready Player One
(Manufactured on Demand, With Blu-Ray, 2 Pack, Digital Copy)
Format: Blu-ray 3-D
http://www.deepdiscount.com/ready-p...e/888574662318

Edit: Seems there are multiple sites like the one above.

http://www.dvdplanet.com/ready-player-one/888574662318
http://www.importcds.com/ready-player-one/888574662318

Last edited by dew42; 07-24-2018 at 08:42 PM.
post #48 of 75 Old 07-24-2018, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dew42 View Post
Check the first post in this thread. There are links for Target (US) and amazon Canada (current exchange is $0.76 USD for $1.00 CDN). These will likely be your best choice for price.
I knew about Target, I have been trying to get it at either Target or Best Buy, but the issue is that both Target and Best Buy have a listing for it... but it's marked as unavailable. It doesn't even appear in their main site's search results, you need to know the direct link to even view it.

Quote:
The amazon France option is a popular choice, in this thread, because it includes 3D plus 4K and is region free (See audio details in post 24). The yesasia.com and ebay links are also a region free option. These discs will have all have an English sound track though the cover art and menus may be in another language.
Hmm, while 4K would be nice for the future, I don't have a 4K player yet. For now I would like to at least get the 3D disk, standard disk, and a digital copy. The issue with importing is... would those codes for a digital copy work in the US if I get it from Canada or France or whatever? Some of the 3D versions seem to also not include a 2D disk, just the 3D and digital copy.
post #49 of 75 Old 07-24-2018, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
I knew about Target, I have been trying to get it at either Target or Best Buy, but the issue is that both Target and Best Buy have a listing for it... but it's marked as unavailable. It doesn't even appear in their main site's search results, you need to know the direct link to even view it.

Hmm, while 4K would be nice for the future, I don't have a 4K player yet. For now I would like to at least get the 3D disk, standard disk, and a digital copy. The issue with importing is... would those codes for a digital copy work in the US if I get it from Canada or France or whatever? Some of the 3D versions seem to also not include a 2D disk, just the 3D and digital copy.
I expect the digital codes won't work but I've never used them. From Googling there seems to be some that have figured out how to work around the country restriction.
post #50 of 75 Old 07-24-2018, 08:51 PM

Quote:
I expect the digital codes won't work but I've never used them. From Googling there seems to be some that have figured out how to work around the country restriction.
Argh, that's an annoyance. Not surprised that France's codes won't work, but is it the same even for the Canadian versions?
post #51 of 75 Old 07-25-2018, 12:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 717 Post(s)
Liked: 458
Generally peaking, yes, the Canadian codes only work on the Canadian site.

Got my (Canadian) 3d version at best buy Canada. There were lots. (Yes, I'm in Canada).
post #52 of 75 Old 07-25-2018, 01:01 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Argh, that's an annoyance. Not surprised that France's codes won't work, but is it the same even for the Canadian versions?
http://www.theuvcollector.com/pages...sus-and-canada
post #53 of 75 Old 08-11-2018, 11:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1116 Post(s)
Liked: 855
Quote:
Does anyone know if this is legit? It says "Manufactured on Demand".

Ready Player One
(Manufactured on Demand, With Blu-Ray, 2 Pack, Digital Copy)
Format: Blu-ray 3-D
http://www.deepdiscount.com/ready-p...e/888574662318

Edit: Seems there are multiple sites like the one above.

http://www.dvdplanet.com/ready-player-one/888574662318
http://www.importcds.com/ready-player-one/888574662318
From what I have seen it seems to be the difference between a regular pressed Blu-ray and a burned (MOD) Blu-ray.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Movies
post #54 of 75 Old 08-21-2018, 10:11 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Has anyone taken a chance on the version from amazon uk? Somehow it's cheaper than buying it from Canada even though it has to travel across the ocean.
post #55 of 75 Old 08-21-2018, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi940 View Post
Has anyone taken a chance on the version from amazon uk? Somehow it's cheaper than buying it from Canada even though it has to travel across the ocean.
It is confirmed region free here:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Ready-.../#RegionCoding
post #56 of 75 Old 08-21-2018, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Awesome! Thanks (Add to cart)
post #57 of 75 Old 08-22-2018, 09:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 992 Post(s)
Liked: 522
VUDU has the 2D/3D bundle for less. It will stay in your online movie library, and can be streamed at anytime. The 3D and sound is as good as the bluray in my opinion. http://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...-Bundle/962126

They have a lot of 3D movies about a month before blurays show up.
post #58 of 75 Old 08-22-2018, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DBob View Post
VUDU has the 2D/3D bundle for less. It will stay in your online movie library, and can be streamed at anytime. The 3D and sound is as good as the bluray in my opinion. http://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...-Bundle/962126

They have a lot of 3D movies about a month before blurays show up.
Rural internet and streaming don't go well together. Plus I still like having physical media.
post #59 of 75 Old 09-08-2018, 08:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1116 Post(s)
Liked: 855
Quote:

Apparently Raul-And-I has his own site (not just ebay). Prices are a bit different.

Amazon UK is listed as region B. It is likely, but not guaranteed, to be region free. Warner Brothers is usually region free. Those that take the chance usually post what they got. I bought from amazon Canada so it won't be me.

With foreign amazon sites, you can usually save on shipping if you buy more than one disc per order. During the checkout process you can see the shipping fees before committing to an order. The checkout process will also remove any hidden taxes from the product price that won't apply to you.
First off, thanks for your listing. For some reason when I decided to purchase the 4K/3D Steelbook from Amazon.fr (using your link in post #one ) it sent me to the US Amazon site, tried multiple times. I was using the Google Chrome browser on a Mac. I opened the Safari browser and went to the Amazon.fr site and searched for the steelbook and bought it that way successfully. It could be just my computer but I don't have anything exotic in my settings.
dew42 likes this.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Movies
post #60 of 75 Old 09-08-2018, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
First off, thanks for your listing. For some reason when I decided to purchase the 4K/3D Steelbook from Amazon.fr (using your link in post #one ) it sent me to the US Amazon site, tried multiple times. I was using the Google Chrome browser on a Mac. I opened the Safari browser and went to the Amazon.fr site and searched for the steelbook and bought it that way successfully. It could be just my computer but I don't have anything exotic in my settings.
AVS Forum is using VigLink, a monetization service that alters the URLs that AVS users post and often they break or redirect. If I edit my post I see the original URL but if I right click on it and copy link location I see a different URL when I paste it to notepad.

Go to the following URL and disable VigLink. Come back here and refresh the page. The links should work. You will see the original URLs that I posted after you opt out and refresh.

http://www.viglink.com/opt-out/

Most of the amazon links are short enough (i.e. no abbreviating ellipsis) you can copy them by highlighting the URL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Content