post #31 of 89 Old 11-11-2017, 04:33 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBMAN View Post
Is this out on Bluray yet? I'm curious to know how good the 3D is. It might make me watch this movie one-more-time lol
..Also, can anyone tell me where theres a list of Scope, or 2.35:1 movies in 3D???
The supplier for amazon.co.uk seems to have bumped back the Blu-ray release date. Currently December 4th.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 89 Old 11-14-2017, 04:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBMAN View Post
Is this out on Bluray yet? I'm curious to know how good the 3D is. It might make me watch this movie one-more-time lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by dew42 View Post
The supplier for amazon.co.uk seems to have bumped back the Blu-ray release date. Currently December 4th.
The latest info can be found at http://skynetsarmy.net/2017/10/20/p...ayed-yet-again

3D gets the shaft again

Nothing in this posting/signature really means anything in the long run.
post #33 of 89 Old 12-01-2017, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1124 Post(s)
Liked: 431
Preordered! (3 days till release)

This line intentionally left blank.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 89 Old 12-01-2017, 11:15 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Me too ! U.K. order
It's been almost 20yrs. since I bought the DVD Widescreen version when it was released in Canada.
This going to be a great value for upgrading to 3d +BD Combo and plus James Cameron is going to pour his heart and soul into this conversion,
just like he did to the Titanic 3D which I really enjoy.
Hope this come with Dolby Atmos .
post #35 of 89 Old 12-01-2017, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

I only have the HD DVD release in HD for T2, so nice to get the 3D plus BD finally. Also, it's...well let's say a little weird to see another post converted 3D movie of older films, the last one was Predator I think about 5 years ago. The cost/profit margin didn't seem to work out on those.

post #36 of 89 Old 12-01-2017, 02:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 775 Post(s)
Liked: 353
Let us know the region coding situation when one of you gets a copy of the UK T2 3D. I'm not ordering one until I know what I'm dealing with. I suppose you could rip/burn to get around it, though. I keep thinking of ordering Ratatouille 3D (it was on sale for $12 from Zavvi on Black Friday) but it's region locked and then I think of having to order some blanks and I'm not sure if my software can burn it correctly, etc. and I end up thinking it wasn't that great a movie and end up not bothering.... I honestly don't know why they lock movies that have already been out in theaters for a long time (the traditional reason to have regions) AND even less logical, there is no US version in 3D so WTF is the point in stopping someone from using a UK or other region? They just enjoy laughing at our frustration?
post #37 of 89 Old 12-01-2017, 03:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 992 Post(s)
Liked: 522
Mine is coming from UK as well. Says region is B2. I'm region free now so happy camper. Locally, it only played for about a week in a few theaters and was not advertised at all. I'm sure it didn't make enough for Cameron to convert more. He was considering to do Aliens if T2 3D did well. Maybe non-US sales made an impact, we'll see what happens.

By the way, enter "3D Region Free" in the Amazon UK search box. It seems to be telling the truth...
inspector likes this.

Last edited by 3DBob; 12-01-2017 at 03:52 PM.
post #38 of 89 Old 12-01-2017, 09:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Confirmed Region B Locked on bluray.com forum boards

My DVD Collection
HOME THEATER:
JVC X950RB Projector, 106", Oppo-203 (Region Free) Samsung 51" 3D Plasma, Marantz sr7010 in 5.2.4 Atmos/DTS:X
post #39 of 89 Old 12-02-2017, 07:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I got noticed of shipment today, and it appears I accidentally ordered two. Supposed to be here by 12/13. If I get two, I will let you all know and sell one.
post #40 of 89 Old 12-03-2017, 03:31 PM

Yeh ! Just got dispatch notification from U.K.
My order T2 3D (£12.49) and XXX Return of Xander Cage 3D (£10.00) are on the way and may arrive by week-end.
post #41 of 89 Old 12-04-2017, 03:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Are there any region free or region A versions of Terminator 2 3D available anywhere? I see Zavvi still has it listed as region free (you'd think they'd correct it). It takes long enough for international shipping to get here as it is; I don't really want to wait weeks to order it.

Click THEATER for pics: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) With Mixed Dialog Lift - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub; 2nd Room: 2018 Samsung 55" QLED, Carver AL-III Ribbons, Carver C-5 Sonic Holography Pre-Amp, Technics DD/DTS, Carver TFM-35x Amp (woofers), Yamaha M-45 Class A/AB Amp (Ribbons), Klipsch surrounds ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD Player, Nvidia Shield with KODI, ATV4K, Zidoo X9S, LD, GameCube
post #42 of 89 Old 12-04-2017, 06:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumX View Post
Are there any region free or region A versions of Terminator 2 3D available anywhere? I see Zavvi still has it listed as region free (you'd think they'd correct it). It takes long enough for international shipping to get here as it is; I don't really want to wait weeks to order it.
Is 11 days okay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Termina...-/152728808742
post #43 of 89 Old 12-05-2017, 06:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The price is bordering on obscene ($38?) and somehow I doubt its authenticity given I've seen no published information on any region free copies anywhere so far. If I wanted a BD-R, I can just rip/burn a copy of the UK one to remove the region code. I've been burned before with Ebay blu-rays being fake, but they usually cost LESS, not more than legit versions.
post #44 of 89 Old 12-05-2017, 07:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
The price is bordering on obscene ($38?) and somehow I doubt its authenticity given I've seen no published information on any region free copies anywhere so far. If I wanted a BD-R, I can just rip/burn a copy of the UK one to remove the region code. I've been burned before with Ebay blu-rays being fake, but they usually cost LESS, not more than legit versions.
I've bought from that seller once without problems. I got Big Hero 6 3D Blu-ray and it was region free as promised. The initial BH6 menu offers English, Castellano, Portugues, and Catala. At the time almost every country selling BH6 had a different cover and I matched the one I got to India. Unfortunately amazon.in does not export. I suspect that he has friends that are exporting to him at retail prices.
post #45 of 89 Old 12-05-2017, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

I've order one or two from that seller before, they're not burned discs. Much cheaper to just order the UK version and make a region free disc/digital copy yourself, if you don't have the right player for it. Yes, he's probably paying retail with shipping to get them here to US so there's a markup, going to cost more because he's essentially a reseller, but if you don't know how to go about playing locked content, this is your only option.

post #46 of 89 Old 12-06-2017, 11:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 111
I ordered from amazon UK I'll have a review up soon after. I also have the US endoarm edition ordered that just has the 4K version and the arm. I am hopeful that will eventually get released.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 1.51.34 PM.png
Views:	29
Size:	944.6 KB
ID:	2326554  

OLED65G6P(last US 3D OLED), PN64F8500(last Plasma), HLR5087W(Kirk Model Pedestal DLP)
post #47 of 89 Old 12-06-2017, 09:13 PM

Surprised, I received my order two days earlier than AMZ.UK notified me and took only four days to be delivered.
This 3D is Region B locked.
The 3D picture quality is remarkable with good clear depth, colour and brightness are well enhanced for the dimensional viewing.
It is like watching a new movie again.
The disc come with three sound modes English : 5.1 Dts-MA French : 5.1 Dts-MA German : 7.1 Dts-MA
As you see there's no up mix English 7.1 or Dts.X as anticipated for this Blu ray and the 4K combo is the same.
I play only a few chapters with explosion and gun fight scenes that I familiar with the old THX certified DVD that I owned many years ago.
By playing the 5.1 and 7.1 sound track with those selected chapters, I find there's very little different from my old disc with the Dolby Digital 5.1
only the bass got a touch better.
However for visual effect, definitely is worth for upgrade.

Last edited by kis3dhc; 12-08-2017 at 08:48 AM.
post #48 of 89 Old 12-08-2017, 10:02 PM

Just finishing watching this movie with a friend who seldom watches 3D.
This time instead of play back straight with the 5.1 Dts-MA, I DSU it with a twist by using a SPL meter manually tweaking the centre channel and the side surround for about 3db and the sub for extra 2db. rather than dial in with the remote while play back the movie . This way when I play my regular -10db and adjust to -5db or -4db level my ears may not hurt after 2 hrs. watching this movie. I also turn my seat shaker amp gain up a notch.
By doing so, the movie comes in to life not just good 3D but also bone jarring effect like the chapter the office building got blown up with glass fragments showering down on to ground below and Arnold is shooting with the machine gun. It's simply very immersive.
What a blast !
Now my friend like it so much want to come back for another 3D movie and I suggest the 3D Titanic which now showing in U.S Dolby Cinema.
post #49 of 89 Old 12-16-2017, 02:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Is there any plans for an Asian release of this 3D blu-ray? I can find zero evidence of a legitimate India-based 3D release (nothing on Amazon India in the foreseeable future and the eBay link is magically sold out from "Texas" of all places). I find it odd given the popularity of 3D in Asia that they wouldn't bother releasing it there or in South America (all Region A), just the UK and Europe? That's it? Geeze, how many people are there in the UK? 65.6 Million? They have more installed 3D sets than the US/Canada??? I don't buy it. The whole thing smells like a conspiracy plot to kill 3D in the US on purpose. The movie studios must have loads of stock in Samsung/LG since they are the ones that decided to stop making 3D TV panels. Beyond pushing 4K (they don't want to push it in Europe?), I can see no other reason they are dropping BD titles so quickly.

Click THEATER for pics: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) With Mixed Dialog Lift - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub; 2nd Room: 2018 Samsung 55" QLED, Carver AL-III Ribbons, Carver C-5 Sonic Holography Pre-Amp, Technics DD/DTS, Carver TFM-35x Amp (woofers), Yamaha M-45 Class A/AB Amp (Ribbons), Klipsch surrounds ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD Player, Nvidia Shield with KODI, ATV4K, Zidoo X9S, LD, GameCube
post #50 of 89 Old 12-18-2017, 01:12 AM
Advanced Member

There are various firmware hacks or secret codes for some Blu-ray players that will make them region free. Some players are sold as region free or multi-region. There are also hardware mods. Some mods, such as for Oppo, are as simple as swapping an internal cable (no soldering). Some people have an old player that they switch to region B and keep their new player as region A. (There are limits to the number of region switches allowed.)

Once you can play region B Blu-rays you can start to explore other region B only movies and/or save some money not having to buy the expensive Asian or India releases.
post #51 of 89 Old 12-18-2017, 10:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
There are various firmware hacks or secret codes for some Blu-ray players that will make them region free. Some players are sold as region free or multi-region. There are also hardware mods. Some mods, such as for Oppo, are as simple as swapping an internal cable (no soldering). Some people have an old player that they switch to region B and keep their new player as region A. (There are limits to the number of region switches allowed.)

Once you can play region B Blu-rays you can start to explore other region B only movies and/or save some money not having to buy the expensive Asian or India releases.
All that seems a bit much for one movie. It'd be simpler just to rip/burn a copy without the region code. There just aren't very many region locked 3D Blu-Rays out there. Ratatouille is the only other one I can think of I even thought of buying that isn't available without a region code. Most others are available region free from somewhere. UK titles are usually cheaper to boot for the US (averaging $16 a 3D title compared to $25-29 locally when they are available). I don't know if that's due to the high US dollar or what, but it has been working in my favor.

Besides, my PS4 is my Blu-Ray player for 3D. Everything else is played via KODI off a central server and hard drive (no discs needed to watch anywhere in the house). Once I find a suitable KODI box for MVC playback, I plan to play all 3D titles off a local hard drive in the home theater as well (with almost 100 3D titles now, it beats swapping discs and watching menus and previews). At that point, region coding is moot since the ripper removes it all. But until then, I still would like to see T2 3D. I find it strange other titles have been released for Asia (e.g. Valerian...), but not this one.
post #52 of 89 Old 12-18-2017, 02:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I just bought T2:3D from Amazon UK for 11 pounds + shipping, etc. (19 USD shipped) on sale. That's about $13 less than Zavvi.com would have charged to ship it here. It's supposed to be here in about a week. At that price, I can afford to buy a pack of BD-R discs to make it work here.

Meanwhile, apparently, the India release is being delayed as supposedly Lionsgate doesn't want it to be region free and are demanding they lock it, which I assume means they will have to destroy all the copies they made and start over and they don't want to do that (imagine that). I assume they don't want any US audiences to think 3D is still a thing so it MUST be LOCKED. If you want Terminator 2, you need to buy 4K! 3D is DEAD. Nothing to see here. Move along folks! Move along! Ignore the glowing UFO on the F-18 camera heads up view. It's not there. Nothing to see. Move along.

post #53 of 89 Old 12-22-2017, 01:45 AM

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
All that seems a bit much for one movie. It'd be simpler just to rip/burn a copy without the region code. There just aren't very many region locked 3D Blu-Rays out there. Ratatouille is the only other one I can think of I even thought of buying that isn't available without a region code. Most others are available region free from somewhere. UK titles are usually cheaper to boot for the US (averaging $16 a 3D title compared to $25-29 locally when they are available). I don't know if that's due to the high US dollar or what, but it has been working in my favor.

Besides, my PS4 is my Blu-Ray player for 3D. Everything else is played via KODI off a central server and hard drive (no discs needed to watch anywhere in the house). Once I find a suitable KODI box for MVC playback, I plan to play all 3D titles off a local hard drive in the home theater as well (with almost 100 3D titles now, it beats swapping discs and watching menus and previews). At that point, region coding is moot since the ripper removes it all. But until then, I still would like to see T2 3D. I find it strange other titles have been released for Asia (e.g. Valerian...), but not this one.
I'm in the same boat.

Incidentally, have you found any way to adjust the 3D "levels" via PS4 other than setting your screen size? I've read that the good Oppo players have specific adjustments for the 3D. Just not sure if PS4 has that functionality and therefore it may not be the ideal 3D player.

Thoughts??
post #54 of 89 Old 12-22-2017, 01:47 AM

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Quote:
I just bought T2:3D from Amazon UK for 11 pounds + shipping, etc. (19 USD shipped) on sale. That's about $13 less than Zavvi.com would have charged to ship it here. It's supposed to be here in about a week. At that price, I can afford to buy a pack of BD-R discs to make it work here.

Meanwhile, apparently, the India release is being delayed as supposedly Lionsgate doesn't want it to be region free and are demanding they lock it, which I assume means they will have to destroy all the copies they made and start over and they don't want to do that (imagine that). I assume they don't want any US audiences to think 3D is still a thing so it MUST be LOCKED. If you want Terminator 2, you need to buy 4K! 3D is DEAD. Nothing to see here. Move along folks! Move along! Ignore the glowing UFO on the F-18 camera heads up view. It's not there. Nothing to see. Move along.
I don't think that is accurate....according to people familiar with the matter it is a licensing thing and it has nothing to do with Lionsgate as they don't have rights to that territory.
post #55 of 89 Old 12-22-2017, 09:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakyguy666 View Post
I'm in the same boat.

Incidentally, have you found any way to adjust the 3D "levels" via PS4 other than setting your screen size? I've read that the good Oppo players have specific adjustments for the 3D. Just not sure if PS4 has that functionality and therefore it may not be the ideal 3D player.

Thoughts??
I'm not entirely sure even the screen size setting does anything. I tried settings very far apart and noticed no effect what-so-ever. My projector has its own screen size (which only seems to select a default "depth" setting that you can override either way) and 3D brightness settings (which at its brightest setting makes crosstalk unbearable, but otherwise seems to have little difference in "low" and "medium" settings. I see no more "3D" at the brightest setting nor does it appear "brighter" in a bulb-like sense. I mostly played with the settings until I got the least crosstalk (smallest screen setting, depth of -1,0 or +1 depending on the movie and "medium 3D brightness" results in the best 3D picture on my Epson 3100. I get little to no crosstalk on many of the 3D movies. Others have it at certain depth levels (selecting the depth shifts it either front to back; I set it to where it shows up the least). Most Disney movies have almost no crosstalk. I also noticed looking out the edges of the 3D glasses looks worse than turning my head slightly so I'm always looking out the middle (edges of the lenses produce visible crosstalk; the center produces little or none on the same relative setting).
post #56 of 89 Old 01-01-2018, 09:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Finally received my T2 3D bluray from Amazon.uk--took over 3 weeks. Got hung up in customs apparently. I watched it last night. Was Region B only. 3D was excellent. Some popouts with gun barrels. Did the 3D help the story--hmmm, not sure. Because of all the improvements in cgi over the years, I found the movie to be okay, but certainly not as exciting as back when I first saw it in 1991--then the special effects were to die for. Sound was good with heavy rumble now and then.
post #57 of 89 Old 01-01-2018, 10:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DBob View Post
Finally received my T2 3D bluray from Amazon.uk--took over 3 weeks. Got hung up in customs apparently. I watched it last night. Was Region B only. 3D was excellent. Some popouts with gun barrels. Did the 3D help the story--hmmm, not sure. Because of all the improvements in cgi over the years, I found the movie to be okay, but certainly not as exciting as back when I first saw it in 1991--then the special effects were to die for. Sound was good with heavy rumble now and then.
I watched it last night with my wife and have to say it felt like I was watching the movie through a clear window. I own a calibrated OLED LG65G6P which displays the 3D perfectly. I want to believe James Cameron watched and approved the 3D conversion as he did with Titanic. Although old, the movie still holds up today and the 3D helps enhance the CGI believability. The opening scenes and all the night scenes showcased 3D the best. I noticed no film grain which helps the 3D magic work better. Definately the best Terminator movie in the franchise and well worth watching again in 3D. It is region B so I had to use a program to remove region lock, create an .iso on my Imac and then burn it to a dual layer 50GB so I could play it on my PS4. I never had to do that before but figured it out just for this movie. I did not want to buy a region free player just for one movie. Overall this was well worth the effort, and I am hoping Cameron releases Aliens in 3D at some point. Aliens does have very large amounts of film grain so it will be intersting to see how he would handle a 3D conversion of that film. Film grain does add to the gritty atmosphere of that movie however it will hurt the 3D presentation in my opinion if not removed. Either way I hope it gets done. I hope all of you have a Happy New Year. God bless.

OLED65G6P(last US 3D OLED), PN64F8500(last Plasma), HLR5087W(Kirk Model Pedestal DLP)
post #58 of 89 Old 01-18-2018, 09:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Got an extra unopened copy of Terminator 2 3D bluray--REGION B

See classifieds.
post #59 of 89 Old 01-18-2018, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

I need to watch mine, had to make a region free disc from the region B, also making digital file. Not like I haven't seen the movie a hundred times already though so just going to watch it for the 3D.

post #60 of 89 Old 04-20-2018, 06:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
If anyone is still interested you can order region free from Nova.
http://novamnm.com/product/blu-ray-t...y_group=1#none
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Content