Forum Jump: 
 67Likes

post #1831 of 1835 Old 01-11-2019, 01:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hello everyone,

I'm going to purchase either the Playbar or the Playbase. The Playbase would be better for my set-up since I have a LG B8 on a TV stand. However, sound quality is more important to me but really don't want to do a whole surround sound set up.
My question is, what are your opinions for sound quality on both, if you've heard both of course. Most reviews and postings on the internet say the Playbar has the better sound quality. CNET (who I usually trust) states the Playbase sounds better. I know the Playbase has more features and what not but I only care about sound quality. What are your takes on the sound quality of both?? Thanks in advance and hope to hear from you!! Also, if it helps, I will be purchasing the Sub as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1832 of 1835 Old 01-11-2019, 10:50 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Do people still buy soundbars that come with rear speakers (5.1) ? I don't see many for sale
post #1833 of 1835 Old 01-12-2019, 12:04 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Soundbar under $500

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anybody could help me choose a soundbar to be plugged into my bedroom TV (an old, small secondhand Vizio that I want to eventually replace). I wouldn't use it for watching movies at first. I don't watch movies except through my iPad (which I can hold up close for better visibility) because my TV is so irritatingly small. So until such time as I replace my TV, I would only be using the soundbar for music playback.

Eventually, I will add an Apple TV into the mix for music and video playback (I'm an Apple Music subscriber) but I think I'll wait until September for their annual media event to see if they release new models first. Until then, I would like to Airplay my Apple Music library to the soundbar, so Airplay capabilities are a must. I don't want to resort to Bluetooth. I've been eyeing the Sonos Beam but thought I better check here to see if my money would be better spent elsewhere.

Thanks a lot, guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1834 of 1835 Old Yesterday, 03:05 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Anyone?
post #1835 of 1835 Old Yesterday, 06:32 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi Everyone. I'm looking for a soundbar that can replicate a 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos system without rear or height speakers. The Yamaha YSP-5600 looks like it would fit the bill but it doesn't pass HDR. I would also like to use my own Subwoofer (I have an old Sunfire subwoofer that I'll pair with the bar), but if I have to use one that comes with the soundbar I would consider it.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Tags
sound bar system