post #61 of 112 Old 12-06-2018, 05:37 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1522 Post(s)
Liked: 5128
Quote:
Originally Posted by djoberg View Post
The "credits are rolling" and I'm here to tell you I was perfectly satisfied with the movie, the PQ, and last, but not least, the AQ (one of the best Dolby Atmos mixes I've heard this year).

Regarding the PQ, there were definitely quite a few SOFT SHOTS (with a very gritty look), especially during night time scenes and low-lit interior scenes, but these took place mainly in the first third of the film. Once the movie shifted to Paris CLARITY reigned supreme (in ALL daytime, outdoor scenes), with mesmerizing DETAILS and TEXTURE in city streets, buildings, clothing, and most notably, in facial features. Of course the highlights were the IMAX scenes where we were treated to UHD in all its glory! I guess the three locations for the IMAX scenes (the skydiving, the helicopter chase and the fight on the mountain) were in Abu Dhabi, New Zealand, and Norway. I LOVED them, but the desert scenes on land (supposedly in Kashmir), filmed in the 2.35:1 Aspect Ratio, were also quite breathtaking!

I will also add that I wasn't a big fan of the "light flares" throughout the film. I kept thinking, "J. J. Abram's must have had a hand in this!"
Greetings,

Awesome! Glad this was an enjoyable experience Denny. Thanks as always for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Regards,
djoberg likes this.

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
Follow me on Twitter @RalphAVSreviews
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 112 Old 12-06-2018, 12:17 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 3540 Post(s)
Liked: 2687
I thought there are one or two too many action scenes. I did a lot of FF in the final 20 min of the movie just to get past the "UN-suspensefull" suspense. I mean was anyone worried that Tom wouldn't make it? That whole bit with the choppers was too far over the line anyway.
Ralph Potts likes this.
post #63 of 112 Old 12-06-2018, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 1522 Post(s)
Liked: 5128
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
I thought there are one or two too many action scenes. I did a lot of FF in the final 20 min of the movie just to get past the "UN-suspensefull" suspense. I mean was anyone worried that Tom wouldn't make it? That whole bit with the choppers was too far over the line anyway.
Greetings,

Never doubted he would make it although, that's a given. Yes, the chase involving the helicopters was over the top but, I found myself chuckling aloud at the reactions of Cruise and Cavill as it played out.

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
Follow me on Twitter @RalphAVSreviews
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 112 Old 12-06-2018, 12:34 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 3540 Post(s)
Liked: 2687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts View Post
Greetings,

Never doubted he would make it although, that's a given. Yes, the chase involving the helicopters was over the top but, I found myself chuckling aloud at the reactions of Cruise and Cavill as it played out.

Regards,
I must have missed that due to being in FF mode. Like someone else mentioned, it was all just too much. I'd add that it seemed forced in addition to being over the top. Lazy writing.
post #65 of 112 Old 12-06-2018, 01:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1084 Post(s)
Liked: 1529
Quote:
Quote:
I must have missed that due to being in FF mode. Like someone else mentioned, it was all just too much. I'd add that it seemed forced in addition to being over the top. Lazy writing.
Of course it was "over the top," but if you were a VIDEO FREAK like me (who absolutely LOVES GOOD PICTURE QUALITY), you would have watched the whole helicopter scene, for it shows some of the best UHD footage that I've ever seen with exemplary DETAILS, DEPTH and CONTRAST.

Sony XBR75X940D...Denon X4300H 9.2 AVR...Philips UHD BDP-7501...Samsung BD-H5900...Toshiba HD-A30...Dish Hopper 3...Sony CDP-C725...Roku Premiere Plus

5.2.4 Set-up: SVS Prime Bookshelf Speakers (4)...SVS Prime Center...SVS Prime Elevation (4)...SVS PC-2000 & PC12-NSD Subs
post #66 of 112 Old 12-06-2018, 01:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1025 Post(s)
Liked: 1426
Great review @Ralph Potts! I enjoyed the movie on Vudu, and after getting the 4K UHD disc, makes my Friday even more enjoyable with all the girls at school.
Ralph Potts likes this.
post #67 of 112 Old 12-06-2018, 03:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 549 Post(s)
Liked: 486
Just finished the first hour (1080p) and paused to check PQ comments about the soft focus. Confirms i don't have a defective disc.
antennahead likes this.
post #68 of 112 Old 12-06-2018, 03:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbitron View Post
Just finished the first hour (1080p) and paused to check PQ comments about the soft focus. Confirms i don't have a defective disc.
Your "patience" will reward you, for the PQ gets much better once the scenes move to Paris and other locales. And of course, the last 20-30 minutes has some of the best PQ ever seen on Bluray (even the letter-boxed scenes in Kashmir look fantastic).

Sony XBR75X940D...Denon X4300H 9.2 AVR...Philips UHD BDP-7501...Samsung BD-H5900...Toshiba HD-A30...Dish Hopper 3...Sony CDP-C725...Roku Premiere Plus

5.2.4 Set-up: SVS Prime Bookshelf Speakers (4)...SVS Prime Center...SVS Prime Elevation (4)...SVS PC-2000 & PC12-NSD Subs
post #69 of 112 Old 12-06-2018, 03:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 431 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Thanks for the great review.

I got this and watched it Tuesday. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

One thing. When paused for 5 minutes in my Panasonic 820, it turned off and when turned back on did not resume and I had to set the menu language.
Ralph Potts likes this.

Denon AVR-X7200WA, SVS Prime Tower & Ultra Center, Klipsch R-2650 HSU VTF-15H MK2, Sony XBR 75X940D & 75X910C, OPPO BDP-93, Panasonic DP-UB820, Sony UBP-X800, Samsung UBD K8500, Roku Ultra, Hopper 3, HTPC, Technics SL-BD22D
post #70 of 112 Old 12-06-2018, 04:10 PM

Mentioned: 165 Post(s)
Quoted: 6456 Post(s)
Liked: 5211
The series hasn't disappointed since JJ joined with M:I:3. Loved the way they addressed the situation with Ethan's wife and carried over the villain (Solomon Kane) from the previous movie. Even little touches, like the White Widow being the daughter of Max (Vanessa Redgrave's character from the first M:I movie), helped give continuity to the series. The tension at the end almost gave me a heart attack. Hope the next one is as well written & produced.
Ralph Potts likes this.

Sanjay
post #71 of 112 Old 12-06-2018, 06:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurani View Post
The series hasn't disappointed since JJ joined with M:I:3.
I was actually kidding in a previous post when I mentioned that J. J. Abrams must have had a hand in this film with all the "lens flares" (which is one of J. J.'s signatures). But after reading your post I Googled it and sure enough, he was indeed part of the movie.
sdurani likes this.

post #72 of 112 Old 12-06-2018, 08:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Your "patience" will reward you, for the PQ gets much better once the scenes move to Paris and other locales. And of course, the last 20-30 minutes has some of the best PQ ever seen on Bluray (even the letter-boxed scenes in Kashmir look fantastic).
Wish i could agree but i found the entire film to be lacking in sharpness. What do i consider good sharpness? take a look at Jack Ryan Season 1 on Amazon, razor sharp 1080p.
Anyway, liked the film and will run it a bit more to hear all the commentary tracks. Perhaps some discussion on how it was shot.

Edit: in the commentary track with Cruise and McQuarrie there are 2 scenes where each comments on the soft focus of the scene.

Last edited by Orbitron; 12-12-2018 at 09:40 AM.
post #73 of 112 Old 12-06-2018, 09:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Wish i could agree but i found the entire film to be lacking in sharpness. What do i consider good sharpness? take a look at Jack Ryan Season 1 on Amazon, razor sharp 1080p.
Anyway, liked the film and will run it a bit more to hear all the commentary tracks. Perhaps some discussion on how it was shot.
You are entitled to your opinion, but the words that I put in BOLD from your post have me questioning your discernment when it comes to "sharpness." I'm thinking especially of the IMAX scenes and in particular the closing "helicopter scene" and the "fight scene on the mountain" when I say this for can you in all honesty say that those scenes were "lacking in sharpness?"

FTR, I have watched the whole first Season of Jack Ryan on Amazon (which was in 4K/UHD/HDR) and it was incredibly sharp, but IMHO the IMAX scenes noted above were just as sharp.
dan4081 likes this.

Last edited by djoberg; 12-06-2018 at 10:07 PM.
post #74 of 112 Old 12-06-2018, 10:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
You are entitled to your opinion, but the words that I put in BOLD from your post have me questioning your discernment when it comes to "sharpness." I'm thinking especially of the IMAX scenes and in particular the closing "helicopter scene" and the "fight scene on the mountain" when I say this for can you in all honesty say that those scenes were "lacking in sharpness?"

FTR, I have watched the whole first Season of Jack Ryan on Amazon (which was in 4K/UHD/HDR) and it was incredibly sharp, but IMHO the IMAX scenes noted above were just as sharp.
Curious what others have to say about the sharpness. Guess i shouldn't have watched Wolf Warrior 2 earlier in the day; sharpest 1080p movie i've ever seen.

Note to Netflix people: Fallout has all the commentary tracks but no other extras.
post #75 of 112 Old 12-07-2018, 05:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Curious what others have to say about the sharpness. Guess i shouldn't have watched Wolf Warrior 2 earlier in the day; sharpest 1080p movie i've ever seen.

Note to Netflix people: Fallout has all the commentary tracks but no other extras.
I watched this movie last night rented from Red Box on Blu-Ray. I thought that the picture quality seemed to vary sometimes being soft focus/grainy and sometimes very sharp. The sound quality of the Atmos mix was excellent and very well done. I enjoyed the show and I think it lived up to Ralph's review here on AVS Forum.
Ralph Potts and djoberg like this.
post #76 of 112 Old 12-07-2018, 05:52 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbgator View Post
I watched the 4K Digital HDR version on iTunes through my Apple TV 4K. Did anyone notice during some dark scenes at the beginning the blacks would "flash" and crush for a couple of seconds? It only happened during a few specific scenes in the movie, and only happened during dark low lit scenes. Not sure if it is unique to the iTunes 4K transfer or not, or maybe its my hardware. Anyways, just wondering if anyone else noticed it at all.

Otherwise the itunes 4K Digital version looked great.
I had to check out this thread after watching the Blu-ray version last night. I had to assume I received a bad transfer. The halos and shears of light across the screen in the London underground scenes made this unwatchable for me.. I have never seen dark scenes filmed or transferred this badly.

Am I alone here?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9319.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	2493486   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9321.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	2493488   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9318.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	2493490  

You know, a guy could get into this HT thing and drop a couple of bucks!
post #77 of 112 Old 12-07-2018, 11:59 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgolombowski View Post
I have never seen dark scenes filmed or transferred this badly.

Am I alone here?
oh, I really hope so...

if by 'filmed or transferred this badly' you think that there was some mistake made, or lack of skill on either the D.P. colourists, editor or directors part, then you have very little idea on how big studio films are made.
For that matter, you must REALLY hate directors like Steven Spielberg, John Carpenter, John McTiernan & JJ Abrams. Those are just a few, off the top of my head, that regularly employ high-contrast, raking backlight and flares to deliberate effect.

If there was anything that could be said to be technically amiss with MI:F it might be more than its usual share of soft shots, (an unfortunate side effect of going back to shooting on film in an age where most focus pullers have learned their trade on HD monitors)
post #78 of 112 Old 12-08-2018, 10:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgolombowski View Post
I had to check out this thread after watching the Blu-ray version last night. I had to assume I received a bad transfer. The halos and shears of light across the screen in the London underground scenes made this unwatchable for me.. I have never seen dark scenes filmed or transferred this badly.

Am I alone here?
If you read all the posts on this thread, then you saw me referring to the "lens flares" and how "J. J. Abrams must have had his hand in it." As the previous post said, this is characteristic of certain directors, including J. J. Abrams. Personally I do NOT like them; they are indeed DISTRACTING!

post #79 of 112 Old 12-08-2018, 08:15 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Thanks to Ralph Potts for greatly interesting review!

Quote:
I am SO PUMPED to see this. My 4K UHD copy should arrive on December 4th and I hope to be viewing it that night!

I've heard "mixed reviews" on the PQ, with some (like Ralph) giving the whole movie a "Thumbs Up," while others are saying the only scene with excellent PQ is the "Helicopter scene." I will be brutally honest with my assessment but I really loved the PQ on Rogue Nation and those who are slamming the PQ on Fallout are comparing it with that title, so I think I'm going to take Ralph's side on this one.
I'm looking forward to seeing this UHD Blu-ray too. Could've gotten it for free the other night, but my Shining Bride wanted Christopher Robin instead.
Ralph Potts likes this.
post #80 of 112 Old 12-08-2018, 08:43 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 484 Post(s)
Liked: 238
Screw this movie. You can't have characters in a 2.35 scene talk to a character in a 16:9 scene for 15 minutes. They successfully turned my 106" 2.35 image, which is like 113" 16:9, into a 91" 16:9 image and a like 82" 2.35 image for the best part of the movie.

I'd give it good reviews other than that. But for that reason alone it made my theater look like a cheesy half ass attempt and I have no idea what I'm doing. Either i get a tiny image or one that spilled over the screen. Motorized lens shift can't even keep up with the rate scenes were flipping back and forth. Unreal.

Oh and jj Abrams still can't control light glare in a way that makes sense.

See, obviously this movie left me in a bad mood. I have no idea how some one with an anamorphic lens or electric screen masking system would watch this movie and feel good about buying the lens or screen system
Jive Turkey and dgolombowski like this.
post #81 of 112 Old 12-08-2018, 10:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1786 Post(s)
Liked: 1245
Quote:
Originally Posted by trilkb View Post
Screw this movie. You can't have characters in a 2.35 scene talk to a character in a 16:9 scene for 15 minutes. They successfully turned my 106" 2.35 image, which is like 113" 16:9, into a 91" 16:9 image and a like 82" 2.35 image for the best part of the movie.

(snip)
I don't own a PJ, but it appears that you need to turn off the automated aspect ratio feature for films like this one. Masking will also be impractical. (As in post 35.)

It looked good on a 16:9 TV. Black bars as usual, much of the time, but full screen for the other (Imax?) stuff.
post #82 of 112 Old 12-08-2018, 11:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Does the Blu-ray have a shifting AR? Please say it does not. I don't want to have to make yet another custom Blu-ray disc.

Living Room: Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Sony PS3 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 Darblet / Panamax M5400-PM / miniDSP UMIK‑1 USB
Bedroom: Samsung PN59D7000 PDP / Energy Power Bar Elite Soundbar & SW / Astro A50 / Sony PS4 / DirecTV C41W-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 Darblet / Hauppauge HD PVR 2
Classroom: SMART Board X800 / Yamaha RX-V667 / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS SB-2000
post #83 of 112 Old 12-09-2018, 02:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinmcfluffin View Post
Does the Blu-ray have a shifting AR? Please say it does not. I don't want to have to make yet another custom Blu-ray disc.
Yes it does. Make me one while you're at it!
muffinmcfluffin likes this.
post #84 of 112 Old 12-10-2018, 12:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 562 Post(s)
Liked: 747
Quote:

I'd give it good reviews other than that. But for that reason alone it made my theater look like a cheesy half ass attempt and I have no idea what I'm doing. Either i get a tiny image or one that spilled over the screen. Motorized lens shift can't even keep up with the rate scenes were flipping back and forth. Unreal.

Oh and jj Abrams still can't control light glare in a way that makes sense.

See, obviously this movie left me in a bad mood. I have no idea how some one with an anamorphic lens or electric screen masking system would watch this movie and feel good about buying the lens or screen system
I feel great about it. There's no light spill off screen when it goes to "IMAX" scenes thanks to my anamorphic lens. No chopped off heads, so the movie is scope-friendly. All I saw was a movie in a single aspect ratio that made it easy on the eyes to watch. My beef with it was that I just didn't like it as much as the last two MI movies. Rogue Nation had better sound over all IMHO as it felt more balanced and I felt the story was better also. The opera scene felt like a complete copy Quantum of Solace, but I digress.

This is definitely not the best in the series (that honor goes to Ghost Protocol IMHO), but it is a solid movie overall. This is also the first Mission Impossible where I really felt like Tom Cruise is showing his age. I thought he may have been drinking from the stream of life or something, but this movie disproves my theory sadly.

As far as the light glare is concerned, JJ Abrams needs to shut that crap down. It is horrible and is totally distracting from the movie. When I see it, I wonder what the hell is wrong with the picture. So distracting! Stop it, JJ Abrams!!!
Sharp1080 and dan4081 like this.

Gear: The Brains: Anthem MRX 720. The Brawn: Outlaw 7700. The Fun: Custom PC w/ Logitech 27 & reverse mount pedals, Nintendo Switch, Playstation PS4 Pro. The Visuals: Oppo 203, Darbee Darblet, Optoma HD3300, Panamorph UH480, DIY 138" Curved screen using Semour Centerstage XD AT material. The Audio: 7.1.4: LCR: Tannoy DC12i. Sides: Tannoy IW63DC. Rears: Tannoy DC8i. Ceilings: Tannoy CMS 603/601 DCBM. Subs: 3X Micro Marty and 1X Full Marty.
post #85 of 112 Old 12-10-2018, 06:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastermaster View Post
I feel great about it. There's no light spill off screen when it goes to "IMAX" scenes thanks to my anamorphic lens. No chopped off heads, so the movie is scope-friendly. All I saw was a movie in a single aspect ratio that made it easy on the eyes to watch. My beef with it was that I just didn't like it as much as the last two MI movies. Rogue Nation had better sound over all IMHO as it felt more balanced and I felt the story was better also. The opera scene felt like a complete copy Quantum of Solace, but I digress.
Thanks for telling me that it isnt a problem with the lens, I find that very interesting to wrap my head around. When the scenes flip back and forth that doesnt mess with the anamorphic lens? I wouldve thought the lens would have to be moved when it went to 16:9. How does it stay full screen the entire movie when its two different aspect ratios? Some type of video processor must be used?
post #86 of 112 Old 12-10-2018, 08:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 562 Post(s)
Liked: 747
Quote:
Thanks for telling me that it isnt a problem with the lens, I find that very interesting to wrap my head around. When the scenes flip back and forth that doesnt mess with the anamorphic lens? I wouldve thought the lens would have to be moved when it went to 16:9. How does it stay full screen the entire movie when its two different aspect ratios? Some type of video processor must be used?
The IMAX scenes get cropped, so I don't even notice where/when they occur and, no, nothing messes with the lens. So the distraction of changing ARs doesn't happen. Yes, I'm losing a bit of information during the 16:9 scenes, but unless I'm getting cropped heads, I'm fine with it.

Gear: The Brains: Anthem MRX 720. The Brawn: Outlaw 7700. The Fun: Custom PC w/ Logitech 27 & reverse mount pedals, Nintendo Switch, Playstation PS4 Pro. The Visuals: Oppo 203, Darbee Darblet, Optoma HD3300, Panamorph UH480, DIY 138" Curved screen using Semour Centerstage XD AT material. The Audio: 7.1.4: LCR: Tannoy DC12i. Sides: Tannoy IW63DC. Rears: Tannoy DC8i. Ceilings: Tannoy CMS 603/601 DCBM. Subs: 3X Micro Marty and 1X Full Marty.
post #87 of 112 Old 12-10-2018, 12:59 PM

Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 67
I can't believe i'm saying this but i HATED it. So much hype and all the critics loving it. First Tom Cruise movie i wanted to turn off in many, many years.
Looked fantastic on my 65 A1E OLED though.
DesertDog likes this.

Sony 65 A1E / Yamaha 1050
PSB Imagine X2T Towers / C Centre / 1B 's Front Presence
Martin Logan Motion 10 (Surrounds)
SVS PB 1000
X-box One X / PS4 Pro w PSVR
post #88 of 112 Old 12-10-2018, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I must be doing something wrong, because my picture quality is very "grainy" with noise. I have pretty much every 4k movie released this year and last, some are better quality that others, but based on the review, and when it was released, I expected better quality. The Dolby Atmos is really immersive, that's the bright spot. I am watching this in Dolby Vision, played by a Sony UBP-X700 on a Sony 75" X900F, and running through my Pioneer Elite VSX-LX303. All cables in the system at high speed, and other movies look and sound great.

Aside from the parachuting scene, nothing about the quality was great IMO. I get that it's a dark movie full of action. but other movies like Marvel movies, John Wick, Sicario, A Quiet Place, and even all my UHD digital copies from movies like Equalizer 2 are better via Vudu stream.

Just my pennies, wanted to see if if it was just me or if others had the same issue. My hard disk of Equalizer should be here today or tomorrow, will test out that one, I saw a 100 for the video presentation, will be interesting to see the benchmark for perfection.
post #89 of 112 Old 12-10-2018, 02:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 1318 Post(s)
Liked: 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctfromdc View Post
I must be doing something wrong, because my picture quality is very "grainy" with noise. I have pretty much every 4k movie released this year and last, some are better quality that others, but based on the review, and when it was released, I expected better quality. The Dolby Atmos is really immersive, that's the bright spot. I am watching this in Dolby Vision, played by a Sony UBP-X700 on a Sony 75" X900F, and running through my Pioneer Elite VSX-LX303. All cables in the system at high speed, and other movies look and sound great.

Aside from the parachuting scene, nothing about the quality was great IMO. I get that it's a dark movie full of action. but other movies like Marvel movies, John Wick, Sicario, A Quiet Place, and even all my UHD digital copies from movies like Equalizer 2 are better via Vudu stream.

Just my pennies, wanted to see if if it was just me or if others had the same issue. My hard disk of Equalizer should be here today or tomorrow, will test out that one, I saw a 100 for the video presentation, will be interesting to see the benchmark for perfection.
It's not noise you are seeing, it's grain. The film was shot on film, not with digital cameras like the other movies you have listed.
Ralph Potts, djoberg and WinMod21 like this.

David Vaughn Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer Sound & Vision Magazine (Print & Online)
My Atmos Renovation Part 1 http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...odyssey-part-1
My Atmos Renovation Part 2 http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...odyssey-part-2
post #90 of 112 Old 12-10-2018, 02:31 PM

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Not a big fan of film grain but the picture quality is still good overall. Especially that helicopter chase scene. Hoooomygod. Great movie though. Atmos track is fantastic too. My favorite Mission Impossible movie in the series for sure.

Spoiler!

Last edited by TheSonyExperience; 12-11-2018 at 03:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Official AVS Forum® Blu-ray Disc Reviews