Forum Jump: 
 140Likes

post #121 of 124 Old 11-09-2018, 03:41 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 62
picked this up yesterday and watched last night, was pleasantly surprised. The story, though formulaic, as others have mentioned, it was quite entertaining! The picture quality was very good, Ralph again was spot on with the PQ, and AQ. In the Oasis, forget about it! In the live scenes, i thought it was very good, great detail and slightly subdued colours, but really good. I agree with others, you had to juice up the volume a bit, but holy moly when that explosion hit, I thought I was going to blow my 2 B&W subs! I don't have the Atmos, but fantastic nonetheless. But it did freeze up and skip on me a few times on my X800, I know someone mentioned there is a coating from the factory that a little Dawn and warm water won't fix, I just decided to exchange it today anyways, I will watch it again this weekend and see if it freezes/skips with this new disc. All in all, a real fun pop culture ride!
Ralph Potts likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 124 Old 12-14-2018, 11:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by erick granato View Post
But it did freeze up and skip on me a few times on my X800, I know someone mentioned there is a coating from the factory that a little Dawn and warm water won't fix, I just decided to exchange it today anyways, I will watch it again this weekend and see if it freezes/skips with this new disc. All in all, a real fun pop culture ride!
I just watched it tonight and I didn't have any issues on my x800.

I really enjoyed the movie and watched it with the whole family. It looked great and sounded great. My only real gripe is that Atmos wasn't the default audio selection.
Ralph Potts likes this.
post #123 of 124 Old 12-29-2018, 04:28 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 190
I finally saw this on 4K UHD and was blown away by the mostly 80's soundtrack. I felt the ATMOS was immersive when it was necessary. I enjoyed the story too especially it's references to the 1980's. Oddly, I had a few seconds freeze up moment towards the ending on my Sony X800 but it resolved itself. I have not washed the disc yet but don't quite remember where the freeze up was either.

Last edited by powertoburn; 12-29-2018 at 04:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 124 Old 12-30-2018, 07:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Liked: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by powertoburn View Post
I finally saw this on 4K UHD and was blown away by the mostly 80's soundtrack. I felt the ATMOS was immersive when it was necessary. I enjoyed the story too especially it's references to the 1980's. Oddly, I had a few seconds freeze up moment towards the ending on my Sony X800 but it resolved itself. I have not washed the disc yet but don't quite remember where the freeze up was either.
i agree that the Blu-ray 4K UltraHD version is fantastic. It has a DolbyVision selection with Dolby Atmos. Ready Player One is a Spielberg accomplishment. I first viewed the 3D version on my LG65e6p played by my OPPO UDP-203. Then I listened to the audio book. The book fills in a lot of details. However the book is an inspiration for the movie and the movie is better in my opinion. There are many reviews of Ready Player One but I most enjoyed this YouTube with Spielberg and the actors:
Ralph Potts likes this.

Anál nathrach, orth’ bháis’s bethad, do chél dénmha

Last edited by Postmoderndesign; 12-30-2018 at 07:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Official AVS Forum® Blu-ray Disc Reviews