Forum Jump: 
 35Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 Old 04-05-2018, 09:38 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer
Moderator
 
Ralph Potts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Middletown NY
Posts: 13,516
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1522 Post(s)
Liked: 5128
Blu-Ray Spotlight: Soundtracks that Shake, Rattle, and Rumble!

Greetings,

Here is the link to the article: Blu-ray Spotlight: Soundtracks that Shake, Rattle, and Rumble


I also used these titles as part of my evaluation of my new SVS PC4000 subs. For those interested here is the link to my review: PC4000 Review

Lastly, here is the link to the referenced article I wrote in 2014: Blu-ray Spotlight: Ralph's Picks for Room Shaking Bass!


Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
Follow me on Twitter @RalphAVSreviews

Last edited by Ralph Potts; 04-08-2018 at 08:16 AM.
Ralph Potts is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 31 Old 04-05-2018, 09:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
helvetica bold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,906
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1158 Post(s)
Liked: 663
Nice article Ralph! What are your thoughts on Buttkickers? I just watched Ready Player One in the Dolby Cinema and everytme I come out impressed. There's supposed to me a new wireless Buttkicker coming out late spring, early summer.
Ralph Potts likes this.
helvetica bold is offline  
post #3 of 31 Old 04-05-2018, 10:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
geocab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 1,218
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Nice read, will bookmark this.

Can we have a Spotlight: soundtracks that immerse you thread? I'm close to having Atmos finally. Ceiling speakers arriving in a couple of weeks.
Ralph Potts likes this.
geocab is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 31 Old 04-05-2018, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer
Moderator
 
Ralph Potts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Middletown NY
Posts: 13,516
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1522 Post(s)
Liked: 5128
Greetings,

Quote:
Originally Posted by helvetica bold View Post
Nice article Ralph! What are your thoughts on Buttkickers? I just watched Ready Player One in the Dolby Cinema and everytme I come out impressed. There's supposed to me a new wireless Buttkicker coming out late spring, early summer.
I have never used Butt Kickers in my home theater, but, know of many that do who love them. A wireless option might be a great way to offer flexibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geocab View Post
Nice read, will bookmark this.

Can we have a Spotlight: soundtracks that immerse you thread? I'm close to having Atmos finally. Ceiling speakers arriving in a couple of weeks.
I am planning on just such an article geocab. Look for it in the coming months.


Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
Follow me on Twitter @RalphAVSreviews
Ralph Potts is offline  
post #5 of 31 Old 04-05-2018, 11:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cal68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,123
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked: 313
Hi Ralph

This was a great article and I really appreciated the comparison with the Ultra-13 series subwoofers. As someone who has two PB13 Ultras in my system, I have a question for you. Do you think that PC4000 sounded better because of the Room EQ Wizard that comes with them or is due to some other design/construction feature? I'm very curious to know what you think the answer is.

Cal68

Cal68
Cal68 is offline  
post #6 of 31 Old 04-05-2018, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer
Moderator
 
Ralph Potts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Middletown NY
Posts: 13,516
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1522 Post(s)
Liked: 5128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal68 View Post
Hi Ralph

This was a great article and I really appreciated the comparison with the Ultra-13 series subwoofers. As someone who has two PB13 Ultras in my system, I have a question for you. Do you think that PC4000 sounded better because of the Room EQ Wizard that comes with them or is due to some other design/construction feature? I'm very curious to know what you think the answer is.

Cal68
Greetings,

Hi Cal, Room EQ Wizard doesn't come with the subwoofers. It's a stand alone software that is used to gather data via in room measurements. See this thread here on AVS: Simplified REW setup and Use.

The 4000 series subs benefit from some of the design improvements SVS implemented on the Ultra-16 line. That coupled with the tweaks made to the cylinder design, driver, and upgraded amp, probably assist with deriving the most from it.


Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
Follow me on Twitter @RalphAVSreviews
Ralph Potts is offline  
post #7 of 31 Old 04-05-2018, 12:15 PM
Member
 
cr500guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Great article Ralph, thanks so much.
I do have a question though. I always noticed in your sig that you had both the sealed and ported ultra’s but I didn’t realize you had them working TOGETHER. You said you settled on that through experimentation. Can you speak to that a little bit more? Generally it’s not the norm the mix sealed and ported subs.
Thanks Ralph!
Pat
biga6761 likes this.

JVC DLA-X750R projector, Panasonic DP-UB820 4k Bluray player, Anthem MRX-720 receiver, 5.1.4 Atmos, Klipsch Reference II Speakers, Dual Sealed 18” UXL Subwoofers - Inuke 6000dsp Sub amp, Buttkicker LFE, Vizio P-65 TV.
cr500guy is offline  
post #8 of 31 Old 04-05-2018, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer
Moderator
 
Ralph Potts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Middletown NY
Posts: 13,516
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1522 Post(s)
Liked: 5128
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr500guy View Post
Great article Ralph, thanks so much.
I do have a question though. I always noticed in your sig that you had both the sealed and ported ultra’s but I didn’t realize you had them working TOGETHER. You said you settled on that through experimentation. Can you speak to that a little bit more? Generally it’s not the norm the mix sealed and ported subs.
Thanks Ralph!
Pat
Greetings,

Hi Pat, you're correct, mixing subs with differing tunes isn't the norm. I wanted to even out the response in my room some years back and wanted to add a second sub along with my PB-13 Ultra. The best placement turned out to be the right rear corner, but, it's a nearfield location which wouldn't allow for a second largish sub like the PB-13 Ultra. I tried several non-Ultra subs, but, wasn't blown away by the pairing. It wasn't until I took a gamble on the SB-13 Ultra that I found the best balance between overall response and nearfield tactile punch. So, while it isn't necessarily the recommended option, it worked quite well in my case.

With the PC4000s it's even better...


Regards,
cr500guy likes this.

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
Follow me on Twitter @RalphAVSreviews
Ralph Potts is offline  
post #9 of 31 Old 04-05-2018, 12:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Sean Spamilton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 1,340
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Liked: 543
Love your stuff Ralph and thanks for being such a fantastic contributor here at AVS for so many years!

That being said, this does come off more of an advertisement for SVS subs than any kind of update to movies with strong bass. Was this sponsored by SVS? Not that I have a problem with that but perhaps a disclaimer in the title of the article would help transparency.

Best,
Sean.
portishead0091 likes this.

Denon X-4300 | Onkyo M-282 | Audio Technica AT-LP3 | HTPC |
Polk RTiA3 x 6 - RTiA6 x 1 - Polk Atrium 5 x 4 | PSA 15s | PSA XS30
Epson HC 2100 | 100" Elite Screen |
Sean Spamilton is offline  
post #10 of 31 Old 04-05-2018, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer
Moderator
 
Ralph Potts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Middletown NY
Posts: 13,516
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1522 Post(s)
Liked: 5128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Spamilton View Post
Love your stuff Ralph and thanks for being such a fantastic contributor here at AVS for so many years!

That being said, this does come off more of an advertisement for SVS subs than any kind of update to movies with strong bass. Was this sponsored by SVS? Not that I have a problem with that but perhaps a disclaimer in the title of the article would help transparency.

Best,
Sean.

Greetings,

Hi Sean, nope, not sponsored by SVS. The article came first, the subs came second, but, I was very pleased with them, and seeing as they were part of the new line, wanted to feature them, in conjunction with the piece. I thought that this would be of interest to the community.


Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
Follow me on Twitter @RalphAVSreviews
Ralph Potts is offline  
post #11 of 31 Old 04-05-2018, 01:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MrGrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,576
Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1563 Post(s)
Liked: 5170
Nothing beats the Blade Runner 2049 Soundtrack!
it's freaking mental. ultra deep and loud!!

**Note the tracks are filtered in the movie so it's
best to listen to the lossless source or on YouTube
for the untouched tracks **

What does the green and red lines represent in the graphs?

Green
= Peak db (Loudness) at that given frequency
RED = Average db (Loudness) at that given frequency

Then numbers on the graphs represents Hz from 1hz to 160hz

http://afterconvert.com/forum/113-su...l#post55019164
































biga6761 and SuperFist like this.
MrGrey is offline  
post #12 of 31 Old 04-05-2018, 02:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cal68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,123
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts View Post
Greetings,

Hi Cal, Room EQ Wizard doesn't come with the subwoofers. It's a stand alone software that is used to gather data via in room measurements. See this thread here on AVS: Simplified REW setup and Use.

The 4000 series subs benefit from some of the design improvements SVS implemented on the Ultra-16 line. That coupled with the tweaks made to the cylinder design, driver, and upgraded amp, probably assist with deriving the most from it.


Regards,
Hi Ralph

I did not mean to imply that the Room EQ Wizard was somehow integrated into the subwoofers. But I know that the older Ultra 13 series were not set up to be controlled using the Room EQ Wizard and had to be EQ's using the Audyssey (or equivalent) system present in AVR's/Pre-pros. I think that your second paragraph answered the question that I was trying to ask. Thanks for the information.

Cal68
Ralph Potts likes this.

Cal68
Cal68 is offline  
post #13 of 31 Old 04-05-2018, 03:13 PM
Member
 
echtogammut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 39
My last two movie nights were Blade Runner and Mad Max. Mad Max had me seriously wondering about the structural integrity of the house and I wasn't even close to reference SPL levels. Blade Runner, didn't have that "thank god I don't have neighbors" boom, but the ultra-low sonic rumbles changed the atmosphere of the movie in a tangible way and during several scenes made me wonder if I had boosted the settings accidentally. By contrast Valerian (an example of how bad casting can destroy a movie) didn't really have any stand-out sonic moments. I found this surprising since I have long used The Fifth Element for testing both audio and video gear.
Ralph Potts, Frank D and SuperFist like this.
echtogammut is offline  
post #14 of 31 Old 04-05-2018, 06:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Orbitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,242
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 549 Post(s)
Liked: 486
Ralph, Master and Commander has always been my go to title for bass. As i recall, took me 20 minutes to regain my calm due to an 18 pounder.
Ralph Potts likes this.

Last edited by Orbitron; 04-05-2018 at 06:19 PM.
Orbitron is online now  
post #15 of 31 Old 04-05-2018, 07:31 PM
Senior Member
 
akcorr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 237
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Fantastic article Ralph! Thank you very much!!!!
Ralph Potts likes this.

Yamaha RX-A2080 + Emotiva XPA-5 | Paradigm Monitor 11 v6 | Paradigm CC-390 | Paradigm Monitor 9 v6 | Pair of Hsu Research HIW-1s | Pair of PSA S3000i subs
akcorr is offline  
post #16 of 31 Old 04-05-2018, 07:33 PM
Senior Member
 
akcorr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 237
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrey View Post
Nothing beats the Blade Runner 2049 Soundtrack!
it's freaking mental. ultra deep and loud!!

**Note the tracks are filtered in the movie so it's
best to listen to the lossless source or on YouTube
for the untouched tracks **

What does the green and red lines represent in the graphs?

Green
= Peak db (Loudness) at that given frequency
RED = Average db (Loudness) at that given frequency

Then numbers on the graphs represents Hz from 1hz to 160hz

http://afterconvert.com/forum/113-su...l#post55019164
































I could not agree more! After two weeks I finally got around to watching a movie with my two new PSA S3000i subs and it's freaking incredible!!!!
MrGrey, Ralph Potts and SuperFist like this.

Yamaha RX-A2080 + Emotiva XPA-5 | Paradigm Monitor 11 v6 | Paradigm CC-390 | Paradigm Monitor 9 v6 | Pair of Hsu Research HIW-1s | Pair of PSA S3000i subs
akcorr is offline  
post #17 of 31 Old 04-06-2018, 04:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
geocab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 1,218
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbitron View Post
Ralph, Master and Commander has always been my go to title for bass. As i recall, took me 20 minutes to regain my calm due to an 18 pounder.
Wasn't the bluray of this neutered by a LPF at 25 Hz?
geocab is offline  
post #18 of 31 Old 04-06-2018, 07:31 AM
Senior Member
 
akcorr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 237
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by geocab View Post
Wasn't the bluray of this neutered by a LPF at 25 Hz?
Don't know if it was neutered but it shakes my whole damn room when I play this movie...
akcorr is offline  
post #19 of 31 Old 04-06-2018, 07:43 AM
Advanced Member
 
wpbpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 656
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 178
With so many sci-fi films, I'm surprised Gravity didn't make your list
wpbpete is offline  
post #20 of 31 Old 04-06-2018, 10:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mashie Saldana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 1,939
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1055 Post(s)
Liked: 866
Hmm, the article was titled "Blu-ray Spotlight: Soundtracks that Shake, Rattle, and Rumble!" however all I saw was an SVS sales pitch with a few filmes tagged to the end to somehow justify the title.

Tower Cinema - 9.1.6 in a 12'x12' room
Input : Nvidia Shield TV, Panasonic DMP-UB400
Magic : Marantz SR7010, Marantz SR6010, 2x NAD T743
Output : Panasonic TX65EZ952B, SVS PB13 Ultra, Monitor Audio GSLCR 2xGS20 2xGS10 4xGSFX 6xBX1
Mashie Saldana is online now  
post #21 of 31 Old 04-06-2018, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer
Moderator
 
Ralph Potts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Middletown NY
Posts: 13,516
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1522 Post(s)
Liked: 5128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashie Saldana View Post
Hmm, the article was titled "Blu-ray Spotlight: Soundtracks that Shake, Rattle, and Rumble!" however all I saw was an SVS sales pitch with a few filmes tagged to the end to somehow justify the title.
Greetings,

As I pointed out earlier in the thread, this article isn't sponsored by SVS. The article's concept came first, the subs came second. I was very pleased with them, and seeing as they were part of the new line, wanted to feature them, in conjunction with the piece. I thought that this would be of interest to the community. I can understand how the title was misleading, so, I have amended the article to be reflective of its flow.

My apologies for any confusion and I hope you enjoy it.


Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
Follow me on Twitter @RalphAVSreviews
Ralph Potts is offline  
post #22 of 31 Old 04-06-2018, 12:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mashie Saldana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 1,939
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1055 Post(s)
Liked: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts View Post
Greetings,

As I pointed out earlier in the thread, this article isn't sponsored by SVS. The article's concept came first, the subs came second. I was very pleased with them, and seeing as they were part of the new line, wanted to feature them, in conjunction with the piece. I thought that this would be of interest to the community. I can understand how the title was misleading, so, I have amended the article to be reflective of its flow.

My apologies for any confusion and I hope you enjoy it.


Regards,
No worries, the new title is much better.

Tower Cinema - 9.1.6 in a 12'x12' room
Input : Nvidia Shield TV, Panasonic DMP-UB400
Magic : Marantz SR7010, Marantz SR6010, 2x NAD T743
Output : Panasonic TX65EZ952B, SVS PB13 Ultra, Monitor Audio GSLCR 2xGS20 2xGS10 4xGSFX 6xBX1
Mashie Saldana is online now  
post #23 of 31 Old 04-08-2018, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer
Moderator
 
Ralph Potts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Middletown NY
Posts: 13,516
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1522 Post(s)
Liked: 5128
Article Update

Greetings,

We decided to divide the article into two separate pieces. The review of the PC4000s and the Blu-ray Spotlight. Links to each are now in the first post. Again, my apologies for the confusion, and thanks as always everyone for your continued support. I hope you find both of them to be useful.


Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
Follow me on Twitter @RalphAVSreviews
Ralph Potts is offline  
post #24 of 31 Old 04-11-2018, 07:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,338
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 882 Post(s)
Liked: 621
I am a huge Hans Zimmer fan and did not know this BD existed. I ordered it and only briefly sampled it and can only say WOW. The quality of the audio and how well and accurately the lows are captured is amazing. The TrueHD Atmos mix is not gimmicky it helps you feel you are in the concert arena. Great find, thanks!
Ralph Potts likes this.

LG 65C7P (Also XBR65X900E and XBR55X900E)
Denon x7200WA
Oppo BD-203
Klipsch RP-280F / RC-62ii / RP-140SA / RS-35 / RS-25
Dual PSA V1800s
kluken is offline  
post #25 of 31 Old 04-12-2018, 05:14 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer
Moderator
 
Ralph Potts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Middletown NY
Posts: 13,516
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1522 Post(s)
Liked: 5128
Quote:
Originally Posted by kluken View Post
I am a huge Hans Zimmer fan and did not know this BD existed. I ordered it and only briefly sampled it and can only say WOW. The quality of the audio and how well and accurately the lows are captured is amazing. The TrueHD Atmos mix is not gimmicky it helps you feel you are in the concert arena. Great find, thanks!
Greetings,

You're a very welcome, although I cannot take the credit for finding it. Several members posted here in the review forum, and brought it to my attention.



Regards,
Duncannutz and biga6761 like this.

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
Follow me on Twitter @RalphAVSreviews
Ralph Potts is offline  
post #26 of 31 Old 04-22-2018, 09:10 PM
Member
 
logan456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 128
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 36
knowing

Watched Knowing with Nicholas cage today, definitely has some room shaking bass. Especially the final scene, oh boy!! Great way to break in my f18 rythmik.
SuperFist and Ralph Potts like this.
logan456 is offline  
post #27 of 31 Old 04-23-2018, 05:41 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer
Moderator
 
Ralph Potts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Middletown NY
Posts: 13,516
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1522 Post(s)
Liked: 5128
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan456 View Post
Watched Knowing with Nicholas cage today, definitely has some room shaking bass. Especially the final scene, oh boy!! Great way to break in my f18 rythmik.
Greetings,

Sweet! Congrats on the new F18.


Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
Follow me on Twitter @RalphAVSreviews
Ralph Potts is offline  
post #28 of 31 Old 04-23-2018, 05:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SuperFist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Next Door!
Posts: 1,633
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1099 Post(s)
Liked: 3827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts View Post
Greetings,

Here is the link to the article: Blu-ray Spotlight: Soundtracks that Shake, Rattle, and Rumble


I also used these titles as part of my evaluation of my new SVS PC4000 subs. For those interested here is the link to my review: PC4000 Review

Lastly, here is the link to the referenced article I wrote in 2014: Blu-ray Spotlight: Ralph's Picks for Room Shaking Bass!


Regards,
For this list, I'd mostly agree. But I'd like to add...

Man Of Steel 4K UHD Dolby Atmos
The Incredible Hulk 4K UHD DTS:X
Dredd 4K UHD Dolby Atmos
Lucy 4K UHD Dolby Atmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by akcorr View Post
I could not agree more! After two weeks I finally got around to watching a movie with my two new PSA S3000i subs and it's freaking incredible!!!!
I'm so jelly you beat me to dual S3000i's!

I was going to get a second one, but I figured I needed a bigger HDTV first, which I recently got.
Ralph Potts and biga6761 like this.

Subwoofers: PSA S3000i x 2 | L+R Front: Onkyo SKF-200F | Center: Onkyo SKC-200C | L+R Surround: Onkyo SKM-200S | Atmos: Pioneer SP-T22A-LR | AVR: Yamaha RX-A660BL | HTPC: Lenovo Q190 | My Movie Collection
SuperFist is online now  
post #29 of 31 Old 04-23-2018, 07:37 AM - Thread Starter
Blu-ray Reviewer
Moderator
 
Ralph Potts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Middletown NY
Posts: 13,516
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1522 Post(s)
Liked: 5128
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFist View Post
For this list, I'd mostly agree. But I'd like to add...

Man Of Steel 4K UHD Dolby Atmos
The Incredible Hulk 4K UHD DTS:X
Dredd 4K UHD Dolby Atmos
Lucy 4K UHD Dolby Atmos



I'm so jelly you beat me to dual S3000i's!

I was going to get a second one, but I figured I needed a bigger HDTV first, which I recently got.

Greetings,

Congrats on the display! Thanks for offering your choices too. Both Dredd and The Incredible Hulk (standard Blu-rays) made my previous list (linked to in the first post on this thread). I do have both on UHD Blu-ray and yeah, they are still killer.


Regards,
SuperFist likes this.

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
Follow me on Twitter @RalphAVSreviews
Ralph Potts is offline  
post #30 of 31 Old 05-25-2018, 08:57 PM
Advanced Member
 
BNestico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Elysburg, Pennsylvania
Posts: 743
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 301
I just reached back in the vault tonight and my wife and I watched Bolt. Man, did I forget what a rippin’ soundtrack that has, with lots of slamming, crushing bass. It was interesting to watch cause I’m sure that it’s been years since I’ve watched it and have probably replaced my entire system since the last time I gave it a spin. The opening segment is fantastic.
Ralph Potts and pspoar like this.
BNestico is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Official AVS Forum® Blu-ray Disc Reviews



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off