AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Exclamation Alternative....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian c 2 View Post
got my steelbook, 5 hours of visual awesomeness, what a treat!

Since I was an salt water aquarium hobbyist for about 10 years, I am naturally-inclined to find this subject more interesting, so the replay-ability of this title is just off the charts for me (staring at my own tank was never boring to me!). If you are not particularly interested in marine life, then Planet Earth 2 might provide you with more variety (there's a lot more to marine life variety than just fish too, lol).

If you have the intention of showing off your awesome OLED or FALD TVs to convince family members, co-workers, neighbor's dentist, spouse's 3rd grade English teacher, whoever, to get in on the HDR UHD action. This is what you show them. The logic of HDR PQ is simple: clear UHD resolution, high dynamic contrast, vivid colors. BP2 excels at just that, even better than PE2. I only finished watching the first disc containing the first 3 episodes, specifically episode 2: The Deep, where you are submerged into the back drop of pitch black ocean depth, the camera zooms in on the bio-luminescent ridiculous-neon-looking colors of all the marvelous marine lives reflected against the intense light source of the film equipment, that's THE best scenario to showcase HDR. and episode 3: Coral Reefs. The entire episode is a non-stop color wheel on steroids! I felt strain in my eyes from watching this episode along because I couldn't find a moment to rest my eyes but to keep chasing after every glorious detail contained in every pixel in every frame. No, I'm not complaining!

My only regret is a drug has yet to be invented by pharmaceutical companies that could conveniently erase specific part of one's memory, so I could keep replaying and rewatching this title and re-experiencing it every time like my very first time!

OR just wait and show it when you are over 65 !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 Old 01-03-2019, 04:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Picked this up on sale, and fired it up and for the most part it is STUNNING - however I noticed an instance of macro blocking when some animals break from the surface of the water with large waves breaking. Doing a brief search online apparently this is also present in the blu-ray and is a source material issue, which doesnt mar the entire disc but was a bit odd to see especially after so many excellent other discs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Official AVS Forum® Blu-ray Disc Reviews