Forum Jump: 
 43Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 129 Old 01-11-2019, 06:34 PM
Senior Member
 
half vader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oz
Posts: 263
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by half vader View Post
How many R&D dollars are they actually spending on the 8k panel though? Not much I'd say as the panel isn't theirs. Surely the dough would be going into the backlight/FALD, x-wide layer, processing and so on. And even the dual database stuff is just an upgrade of already existing tech. The only real thing to do with the panel itself would be how the uprezzing (just another extension) interacts with the database/recognition stuff.

And surely they ARE spending dough on better blacks if the Master Backlight is back?

All will be revealed soon enough I guess if Spring rumours are true. Having said that though I'm grateful they announced it now and didn't pull a fast one like the Z9d (days after I decided it was safe to buy a 940D), I still feel they're gonna release in the second half of the year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
In Australia there is a possibility that the Z9F will now not to be released after Sony said that they will. Something is going ON
No mate, it's not. It's been released. If you're not talking Sony stores, then you're probably talking JB, who have messed things up royally by making the 75"z9f order-only. Which is cutting off their nose despite their face, as they're not gonna sell if people can't look at them. They do have the A series though, F and G.

Also, we're getting off-topic here and into unfounded rumour territory. I was talking both and only about previous models in context of this Z9g announcement. Cheers.
half vader is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 129 Old 01-11-2019, 06:37 PM
Senior Member
 
half vader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oz
Posts: 263
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR662 View Post
Lol.

I wonder how many people could join in if I started a "I just bought a X940D and now the Z9D is announced" thread.
Ohhhh quite a few I reckon!


So again, good on 'em for announcing this at CES - no matter how late in the year it comes out.
half vader is online now  
post #93 of 129 Old 01-11-2019, 08:04 PM
Advanced Member
 
Blackman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 960
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by half vader View Post
No mate, it's not. It's been released. If you're not talking Sony stores, then you're probably talking JB, who have messed things up royally by making the 75"z9f order-only. Which is cutting off their nose despite their face, as they're not gonna sell if people can't look at them. They do have the A series though, F and G.

Also, we're getting off-topic here and into unfounded rumour territory. I was talking both and only about previous models in context of this Z9g announcement. Cheers.
I spoke to Jb's, Harvey Norman, The Good guys and nobody knew about the Z9F. Now were are talking about the three biggest players in OZ. If you are talking about "Special Orders only" what chance does the Z9f have. Maybe the Z9g will be the same

Main Room Sony KD-75X9400E Display, AMP. Yamaha RX-A3050. Front Mains, 2x Dali Concept 8. Klipsch Center, Surround and Rear Surrounds, 4X Dali Ikon 1. Ceiling 4X B&W CCM 382. Subs, 2x Kef C200 for the rear and 2X Kenwood SW-07HT for the fronts. Lounge Shakers, Dayton Audio SA 230 Sub Amp with 4 AST-2B-4 lounge Shakers. The other Tv room the Hecto live there the Hecto 100 inch Short throw projector,
Blackman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #94 of 129 Old 01-12-2019, 12:33 AM
Advanced Member
 
DJR662's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 723
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 529 Post(s)
Liked: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbino421 View Post
Haha or a clearance C model which I did lol back in 16 and boom 6 months later surprise surprise!
Well, by then at least the 940C was the better model of the 940 series from what I understood? The 940D was a stepback because it had less dimming zones than the C.

Btw you still on the lookout for a new TV? I seem to remember you were on the hunt and possibly looking into getting the Z9F if I'm not mistaken.
DJR662 is online now  
post #95 of 129 Old 01-12-2019, 04:06 AM
Member
 
Plutotype's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 168
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Hi folks,
Are the Z9G´s 8k LCDs native 120Hz panels?
Thanks
Plutotype is offline  
post #96 of 129 Old 01-12-2019, 05:45 AM
Senior Member
 
js950's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 435
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by half vader View Post
How many R&D dollars are they actually spending on the 8k panel though? Not much I'd say as the panel isn't theirs. Surely the dough would be going into the backlight/FALD, x-wide layer, processing and so on. And even the dual database stuff is just an upgrade of already existing tech. The only real thing to do with the panel itself would be how the uprezzing (just another extension) interacts with the database/recognition stuff.

And surely they ARE spending dough on better blacks if the Master Backlight is back?

All will be revealed soon enough I guess if Spring rumours are true. Having said that though I'm grateful they announced it now and didn't pull a fast one like the Z9d (days after I decided it was safe to buy a 940D), I still feel they're gonna release in the second half of the year.
Whomever is making that panel will view it as a special order and you can be certain that Sony is paying a premium for it. What they save on R&D, they are more than paying for in the panel purchase.
js950 is online now  
post #97 of 129 Old 01-12-2019, 05:50 AM
Senior Member
 
js950's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 435
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
Well Said!!!!!! This have to be a record in time to replace are current Master series TV. All you have to do is look at the Z9D as this TV lasted 2.1/2 years and I bet some shops in the US still have NEW ones but yet the Z9F has not be out long and yet a Z9G is coming out very soon and has been stated in that video that Sony is going back to their old BMD drive to get better blacks. LOL.
Only disappointment is a 75 inch model and lack of it and this alone will save the 75 inch Z9F owners.
Doesn't actually look to be a replacement though. Looks more like they will be sold side by side in their different sizes.
js950 is online now  
post #98 of 129 Old 01-12-2019, 08:58 AM
Advanced Member
 
calambert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 667
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
In Australia there is a possibility that the Z9F will now not to be released after Sony said that they will. Something is going ON
http://store.sony.com.au/television/KD75Z9F.html
half vader likes this.

Sony Master Series XBR-65Z9F, Sony ST-5000 7.1 Channel Soundbar, Sony UBP-X800 UHD Blu-ray Player
calambert is online now  
post #99 of 129 Old 01-12-2019, 11:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bobbino421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,668
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1065 Post(s)
Liked: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR662 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbino421 View Post
Haha or a clearance C model which I did lol back in 16 and boom 6 months later surprise surprise!
Well, by then at least the 940C was the better model of the 940 series from what I understood? The 940D was a stepback because it had less dimming zones than the C.

Btw you still on the lookout for a new TV? I seem to remember you were on the hunt and possibly looking into getting the Z9F if I'm not mistaken.
Yes I’m still on the hunt for a big panel. I bought a 55 A9F for now since I got rid of my 930C. I like the Z9F but now the G came out I’m intrigued but I don’t know if I can swing an 85 inch in both size and price and of course I need to see how it performs? I really wanted them to release a 75 inch G and that being said I may be interested in 77 A9G but again it’s going to up there in price like Z9G. I going to move on from the Z9F and wait the next 75 inch LCD in the Z series. I don’t think the 950G is going to better than the Z9F also. I agree I always thought the C models were better than D except for the Z9D. My 930C was a powerhouse for an edge lit tv imo.

Sony 55 A9F
Samsung HW-K950 Dolby Atmos soundbar
bobbino421 is online now  
post #100 of 129 Old 01-12-2019, 05:27 PM
Advanced Member
 
Blackman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 960
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by calambert View Post

Only yesterday I spoke to Jb's at North Lakes and the salesman there told me with a raised voice We wont stock them, If you want them they are Special Orders and Special conditions. Hummmmm


I do Know that when I purchased the LG 86 inch SJ957T in 2017 Video Pro Had to order it but when they order it LG told the Shop they have to order two of them and Video Pro was concerned that they could be stuck with it as the Tv was worth $13900 (lemon of a TV) at the time an most people will NEVER spend that much money on a TV. Although the Sony 75 inch Z9F is under $8000 but again most people wont spend that money not unless you are a person that wants quality and since the people that spend that money like us they also know the Problems that the Z9F has and keep away from it.
Trust me I know first hand to order a Special Tv like the 86 inch SJ 957T and when you get it and it has problems so you have to get dirty to get rid of it, More than the typical tv that has Faults.


By the way we did know that the 86 inch LG was IPS and had poor blacks and we could put up with that but not Back light bleeding, Blooming, Excessive IPS Glow.

Main Room Sony KD-75X9400E Display, AMP. Yamaha RX-A3050. Front Mains, 2x Dali Concept 8. Klipsch Center, Surround and Rear Surrounds, 4X Dali Ikon 1. Ceiling 4X B&W CCM 382. Subs, 2x Kef C200 for the rear and 2X Kenwood SW-07HT for the fronts. Lounge Shakers, Dayton Audio SA 230 Sub Amp with 4 AST-2B-4 lounge Shakers. The other Tv room the Hecto live there the Hecto 100 inch Short throw projector,

Last edited by Blackman; 01-12-2019 at 05:31 PM.
Blackman is offline  
post #101 of 129 Old 01-12-2019, 10:07 PM
Senior Member
 
half vader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oz
Posts: 263
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
I spoke to Jb's, Harvey Norman, The Good guys and nobody knew about the Z9F. Now were are talking about the three biggest players in OZ. If you are talking about "Special Orders only" what chance does the Z9f have. Maybe the Z9g will be the same
The guy from JB looked it up and it was there on the database, listed as a special order as I said after your "In Australia there is a possibility that the Z9F will now not to be released" rumour. That means they do stock it. Just not on the floor. And most of their stock is stored offsite. That's all I can tell you. The 85" Z9g has been confirmed as coming to Oz.

EDIT: So you asked again then? And they basically confirmed what I said. That it's been released. And yes, I already said they're not going to sell many that way.

You don't need to shout/BOLD it, you've said many times about your LG experience in various forums mate. We really do sympathise! But do you know for a fact though that Sony follows precisely the same practice? Because "Maybe the z9g will be the same" is supposition at this point.
half vader is online now  
post #102 of 129 Old 01-12-2019, 10:17 PM
Senior Member
 
half vader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oz
Posts: 263
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by js950 View Post
Whomever is making that panel will view it as a special order and you can be certain that Sony is paying a premium for it. What they save on R&D, they are more than paying for in the panel purchase.
May well be!

But remember my post was directly in answer to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by egrady View Post
His point, and mine, is we'd rather see Sony spend their R&D dollars on better blacks than 8K. An 85" 4k set with 1000 zones rather an 8K with 200 zones.

Justo clarify, whether they're paying a premium to get the panel itself is something different to that topic. The point remains they're not spending more R&D budget on it.

Cheers.

Last edited by half vader; 01-12-2019 at 10:39 PM.
half vader is online now  
post #103 of 129 Old 01-12-2019, 10:22 PM
Senior Member
 
js950's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 435
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 163
I suspect that they are. They buy all their panels so that's a wash but they need all new algorithms for their scaling and FALD, zonal BFI etc. I agree about better 75" 4k instead of 8k. I think the 95G may be a real winner for them
js950 is online now  
post #104 of 129 Old 01-13-2019, 05:03 AM
Advanced Member
 
DJR662's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 723
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 529 Post(s)
Liked: 302
Dutch preview for Z9G and A9G:

http://tweakers.net/reviews/6804/so...-8k-en-4k.html



I would like to point out this paragraph in particular:

"Wel waren er hier en daar duidelijk halo's rond lichte objecten op een donkere achtergrond te zien. Deze kunnen zeker bij ondertitels erg storend zijn. Sony deed geen uitspraken over het aantal zone's in de full array local dimming backlight, maar als we het zo op het oog moeten inschatten zijn het er in ieder geval beduidend minder dan bij Sony's eerdere ZD9."


They say they clearly saw haloing surrounding bright objects on dark backgrounds. This could be especially problematic with subtitles. No statements by Sony regarding FALD zone count. The people from this Dutch website however, think that at first sight it seems to have considerably less dimming zones than the Z9D.

Tweakers is a highly respected tech website in my country, they also reviewed the Z9D years ago. So first we had John Archer's first impressions and now this. I know it's premature but somehow I have a bad feeling about this. Sincerely hope I am wrong though...
sjchmura likes this.

Last edited by DJR662; 01-13-2019 at 05:13 AM.
DJR662 is online now  
post #105 of 129 Old 01-13-2019, 06:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
egrady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: San Antonio, TX USA
Posts: 1,347
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 134
You would think that if the Z9G had a high zone count Sony wouldn't keep it a secret. Hope I'm wrong.
egrady is online now  
post #106 of 129 Old 01-13-2019, 08:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gomo657's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,681
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 685 Post(s)
Liked: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by egrady View Post
You would think that if the Z9G had a high zone count Sony wouldn't keep it a secret. Hope I'm wrong.


I may be mistaken but Sony has never revealed zone count.
bluemoon737 and js950 like this.

"well you know what doctor I'm going to go home take two aspirins and call you a b****"
gomo657 is online now  
post #107 of 129 Old 01-13-2019, 10:54 AM
Advanced Member
 
sd13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 824
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR662 View Post
Dutch preview for Z9G and A9G:

http://tweakers.net/reviews/6804/so...-8k-en-4k.html



I would like to point out this paragraph in particular:

"Wel waren er hier en daar duidelijk halo's rond lichte objecten op een donkere achtergrond te zien. Deze kunnen zeker bij ondertitels erg storend zijn. Sony deed geen uitspraken over het aantal zone's in de full array local dimming backlight, maar als we het zo op het oog moeten inschatten zijn het er in ieder geval beduidend minder dan bij Sony's eerdere ZD9."


They say they clearly saw haloing surrounding bright objects on dark backgrounds. This could be especially problematic with subtitles. No statements by Sony regarding FALD zone count. The people from this Dutch website however, think that at first sight it seems to have considerably less dimming zones than the Z9D.

Tweakers is a highly respected tech website in my country, they also reviewed the Z9D years ago. So first we had John Archer's first impressions and now this. I know it's premature but somehow I have a bad feeling about this. Sincerely hope I am wrong though...
Like Vincent said in his z9f review...the side effect of wide angle filters is less than stellar black levels. All the zones in the world won’t help the blacks of a tv with poor native contrast ratio.
iphilologos likes this.
sd13 is offline  
post #108 of 129 Old 01-13-2019, 06:30 PM
Advanced Member
 
Blackman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 960
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by half vader View Post

You don't need to shout/BOLD it, you've said many times about your LG experience in various forums mate.

What we went through to get this tv out of our house was not on and this is the reason why you SHOULD never buy a TV that has a Special order because the Manufacture will do special things not to get the TV back. You should know this.

Main Room Sony KD-75X9400E Display, AMP. Yamaha RX-A3050. Front Mains, 2x Dali Concept 8. Klipsch Center, Surround and Rear Surrounds, 4X Dali Ikon 1. Ceiling 4X B&W CCM 382. Subs, 2x Kef C200 for the rear and 2X Kenwood SW-07HT for the fronts. Lounge Shakers, Dayton Audio SA 230 Sub Amp with 4 AST-2B-4 lounge Shakers. The other Tv room the Hecto live there the Hecto 100 inch Short throw projector,
Blackman is offline  
post #109 of 129 Old 01-13-2019, 06:32 PM
Advanced Member
 
Blackman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 960
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR662 View Post
Dutch preview for Z9G and A9G:

http://tweakers.net/reviews/6804/so...-8k-en-4k.html



I would like to point out this paragraph in particular:

"Wel waren er hier en daar duidelijk halo's rond lichte objecten op een donkere achtergrond te zien. Deze kunnen zeker bij ondertitels erg storend zijn. Sony deed geen uitspraken over het aantal zone's in de full array local dimming backlight, maar als we het zo op het oog moeten inschatten zijn het er in ieder geval beduidend minder dan bij Sony's eerdere ZD9."


They say they clearly saw haloing surrounding bright objects on dark backgrounds. This could be especially problematic with subtitles. No statements by Sony regarding FALD zone count. The people from this Dutch website however, think that at first sight it seems to have considerably less dimming zones than the Z9D.

Tweakers is a highly respected tech website in my country, they also reviewed the Z9D years ago. So first we had John Archer's first impressions and now this. I know it's premature but somehow I have a bad feeling about this. Sincerely hope I am wrong though...

Here we go again. Quote! "They say they clearly saw haloing surrounding bright objects on dark backgrounds"

Main Room Sony KD-75X9400E Display, AMP. Yamaha RX-A3050. Front Mains, 2x Dali Concept 8. Klipsch Center, Surround and Rear Surrounds, 4X Dali Ikon 1. Ceiling 4X B&W CCM 382. Subs, 2x Kef C200 for the rear and 2X Kenwood SW-07HT for the fronts. Lounge Shakers, Dayton Audio SA 230 Sub Amp with 4 AST-2B-4 lounge Shakers. The other Tv room the Hecto live there the Hecto 100 inch Short throw projector,
Blackman is offline  
post #110 of 129 Old 01-13-2019, 08:49 PM
Senior Member
 
half vader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oz
Posts: 263
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
What we went through to get this tv out of our house was not on and this is the reason why you SHOULD never buy a TV that has a Special order because the Manufacture will do special things not to get the TV back. You should know this.
There's no need to be patronising, no need for rudeness or disingenuous cherrypicking of quotes. My very next words after that were that we really do sympathise. You also couldn't be bothered answering any of my questions which are pertinent to this thread, and keep posting the same thing about your LG for the umpteenth time. So there's no real direction to go here.

And considering you've actually previously wished cancer on me (!) and not apologised, I think I'm done. Sorry to have caught you on an off day mate.
half vader is online now  
post #111 of 129 Old 01-13-2019, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
unknownuser200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Scranton , PA
Posts: 2,263
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1432 Post(s)
Liked: 756
JoelArt likes this.
unknownuser200 is offline  
post #112 of 129 Old 01-13-2019, 10:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sjchmura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 5,299
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2223 Post(s)
Liked: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by half vader View Post
no real direction to go here.



And considering you've actually previously wished cancer on me (!) and not apologised, I think I'm done. Sorry to have caught you on an off day mate.


Seriously ? That is an odd curse right? I mean wishing a lightning strike or some god of war **** seems good. But cancer?

I certainly hope that dude is not an oncologist

DocACE911 on Steam, XBOX, PS4
"Kill Cancer or Die"
Custom Z9 Game Settings For SDR and HDR
Sony 75" Z9, Denon X4200, Definitive Technologies BP7002 + 9.1 ATMOS, PSV 18" sub
Loving Wife and 4 year old Son who tolerate this expense!
sjchmura is offline  
post #113 of 129 Old 01-14-2019, 01:08 AM
Advanced Member
 
Blackman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 960
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by half vader View Post

And considering you've actually previously wished cancer on me (!) and not apologised, I think I'm done. Sorry to have caught you on an off day mate.

NOW I know whats going on with you continuing following what I post which is true and this has happened lately. I said to myself whats wrong with hath vader because something must be wrong but now I now the issue. Please show me the post on this site or any site where i said I wished you to have cancer. You must be confused with another member Please show me the full post but don't try edit it, NO dont do that.


I never have been banned from any site or used another nick or re joined the same site with another nick, can you say the same?

Main Room Sony KD-75X9400E Display, AMP. Yamaha RX-A3050. Front Mains, 2x Dali Concept 8. Klipsch Center, Surround and Rear Surrounds, 4X Dali Ikon 1. Ceiling 4X B&W CCM 382. Subs, 2x Kef C200 for the rear and 2X Kenwood SW-07HT for the fronts. Lounge Shakers, Dayton Audio SA 230 Sub Amp with 4 AST-2B-4 lounge Shakers. The other Tv room the Hecto live there the Hecto 100 inch Short throw projector,
Blackman is offline  
post #114 of 129 Old 01-14-2019, 01:19 AM
Advanced Member
 
DJR662's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 723
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 529 Post(s)
Liked: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownuser200 View Post
edit
In the video you posted, Vincent says the Z9G's black level "looked impressive and substantially better than the Z9F's".

Hmm, I was hoping for a little more enthusiasm there...
Blackman likes this.
DJR662 is online now  
post #115 of 129 Old 01-14-2019, 01:47 AM
Advanced Member
 
Blackman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 960
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by half vader View Post
I think I'm done. Sorry to have caught you on an off day mate.

Yes same to me, I done, HAVE A NICE DAY. No I'm not have OFF Day but are you?. I had a good month as I'm still Alive and planing to buy our next telle maybe the next TV that will be over 75 inch but better than the Sony 9400E.


Back on topic the Z9G is a monster of a TV but this time we wont open our wallet until it proven to be a tv that is reasonable good. I think most of us have been burnt with a expensive lemon in our life.
mtrspt5 likes this.

Main Room Sony KD-75X9400E Display, AMP. Yamaha RX-A3050. Front Mains, 2x Dali Concept 8. Klipsch Center, Surround and Rear Surrounds, 4X Dali Ikon 1. Ceiling 4X B&W CCM 382. Subs, 2x Kef C200 for the rear and 2X Kenwood SW-07HT for the fronts. Lounge Shakers, Dayton Audio SA 230 Sub Amp with 4 AST-2B-4 lounge Shakers. The other Tv room the Hecto live there the Hecto 100 inch Short throw projector,
Blackman is offline  
post #116 of 129 Old 01-14-2019, 02:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bluemoon737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Portsmouth, NH
Posts: 3,569
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2110 Post(s)
Liked: 2594
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomo657 View Post
I may be mistaken but Sony has never revealed zone count.
Never...ever...

Sony XBR75Z9D
Marantz SR8012
OPPO UDP-203
bluemoon737 is offline  
post #117 of 129 Old 01-14-2019, 05:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
8mile13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7,213
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2192 Post(s)
Liked: 1269
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomo657
I may be mistaken but Sony never revealed zone count
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoon737 View Post
Never...ever...
Folks at the Sony booth, like it or not they represent Sony, stated how much zones their last HD FALD had... was at least 100 more zones than the actual number of zones. That was after the Sharp Elite Pro HD FALD launch which had great PQ, lots of zones at the time, huge attention grabber. And after that came Sony with 1/3th of those zones and plenty of blooming...poor man's Elite Pro. I know what you are going to say: they were not instructed to share such info... might as well were instructed by Sony to lie...we never know.

Aside from that there was a clip up and running for years at the Sony site, that is the official Sony site, which suggested that the ZD9 had thousands of zones. What exactly is the difference between zone count and suggesting the number of zones? Not much of a difference is it?


And the ZF9 is not the successor of the ZD9, the ZG9 clearly is
8mile13 is online now  
post #118 of 129 Old 01-14-2019, 08:54 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 22,237
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5544 Post(s)
Liked: 5543
Quote:
Originally Posted by egrady View Post
You would think that if the Z9G had a high zone count Sony wouldn't keep it a secret. Hope I'm wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomo657 View Post
I may be mistaken but Sony has never revealed zone count.
Not that I have seen. We user's have to do it.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutotype View Post
Hi folks,
Are the Z9G´s 8k LCDs native 120Hz panels?
Thanks
Anything can be changed from now and release date.......which this will be a summertime release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by half vader View Post
So again, good on 'em for announcing this at CES - no matter how late in the year it comes out.
Yep, usually they show them at CEDIA. Guess they wanted to put something else up there at CES
Cleveland Plasma is online now  
post #119 of 129 Old 01-14-2019, 10:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
8mile13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7,213
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2192 Post(s)
Liked: 1269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Not that I have seen. We user's have to do it.......
''According to representatives at IFA (who don't always tend to offer the most consistent specifications), the (HX950) full-array system includes 196 individual zones, '
http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/31/.../?guccounter=1

55HX950 105 dimming zones
65HX950 128 dimming zones
8mile13 is online now  
post #120 of 129 Old 01-16-2019, 07:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
egrady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: San Antonio, TX USA
Posts: 1,347
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 134
It's really immaterial what Sony has done in the past regarding the disclosure of dimming zone count. As any corporation can do, they can switch gears in the blink of an eye if they see a financial benefit. In addition, the only set they've released to date with a high zone count is the Z9D. I believe the 75" has 800 zones. Why they never touted/disclosed the Z9D zone count is puzzling, as it is the only product where they could have from a marketing point of view.


My takeaway is the zone count of the Z9G is a mystery with a historical precedent.
egrady is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off