2858Likes

post #4531 of 4822 Old 12-31-2018, 10:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiberoptic2018 View Post
Have any before and after pics or video? Does it handle blooming on the middle of the screen too or just the black bars?
It's really hard to show in pictures but just trust me it is 100% worth it. Yes it does help with blooming in the middle of the screen but I haven't really found a scene that has terrible blooming that I could really compare. I remember Jurassic World 2 had it bad a lot especially at the end but I just rented it so I don't have it any more. Black levels all over are improved. Actually seeing the deep blacks in the middle of the screen impressed me more often than the bars as it's easier to imagine the bars being black.

Here are 2 pictures to compare the blooming in the black bars but this is just a basic comparison and honestly doesn't really do it justice. You really can't see the blooming with the bias lighting unless you really look at it hard in real life but it will at least give you some reference. Blooming all over the screen works basically like this so just imagine less blooming like in the picture but everywhere. Also the screen doesn't really look any darker with or without bias lighting it's just the camera doing that in the pictures.

Now if you don't want literally any blooming ever then you probably need to just get an OLED but this honestly did the trick for me and I am very happy. Also are you sitting right in front of the TV? For me moving even a foot or two left and right will introduce a lot of blooming.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bias.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	534.5 KB
ID:	2503656   Click image for larger version

Name:	No Bias.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	323.8 KB
ID:	2503658  
fiberoptic2018 likes this.

Last edited by alurry; 12-31-2018 at 10:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4532 of 4822 Old 01-01-2019, 02:46 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by alurry View Post
It's really hard to show in pictures but just trust me it is 100% worth it. Yes it does help with blooming in the middle of the screen but I haven't really found a scene that has terrible blooming that I could really compare. I remember Jurassic World 2 had it bad a lot especially at the end but I just rented it so I don't have it any more. Black levels all over are improved. Actually seeing the deep blacks in the middle of the screen impressed me more often than the bars as it's easier to imagine the bars being black.

Here are 2 pictures to compare the blooming in the black bars but this is just a basic comparison and honestly doesn't really do it justice. You really can't see the blooming with the bias lighting unless you really look at it hard in real life but it will at least give you some reference. Blooming all over the screen works basically like this so just imagine less blooming like in the picture but everywhere. Also the screen doesn't really look any darker with or without bias lighting it's just the camera doing that in the pictures.

Now if you don't want literally any blooming ever then you probably need to just get an OLED but this honestly did the trick for me and I am very happy. Also are you sitting right in front of the TV? For me moving even a foot or two left and right will introduce a lot of blooming.

Thanks for the pics. I sit dead on center. I actually have a strip of that lighting around a 47" tv that I replaced with this TCL 55". I never used it because I found it distracting having a lit white wall behind it. I can see blooming at the bottom of the black bar in your pic then it is gone with the lighting. I guess that is the trade off.

I also always notice it when the play icon from the bluray player goes on the screen for a few seconds, there is a bright glow behind it. Maybe our set has it worse? I'm going to have to try my luck and exchange it. I have no other complaints besides the blooming. When the local contrast is on high, it is pitch black and the daytime scenes look amazing too, but when that blooming shows up, it is.
post #4533 of 4822 Old 01-01-2019, 06:35 AM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 8442 Post(s)
Liked: 5329
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06 View Post
I have the ms650 soundbar with the 55" TCL 615 and it's worked great via ARC and HDMI (I use internal apps). Make sure you enable within TV the HDMI settings for communication (forgot what it's called in the menu) an in Audio settings manually select Dolby Digital to be safe so the soundbar can down convert to 3.1. I think DTS is only 2.0.

Also, I set up the wifi and samsung app on my phone to update firmware. With the soundbar, I use the Cinema/movie preset.
Over the ARC the TCl 6 series can handle 5.1 DTS and 5.1 DD . As well as 7.1 DD+/Atmos and 2.0 pcm. Mine has no problem sending any of those over the ARC.

Sent from my Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

53TB unRAID2--45TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4534 of 4822 Old 01-01-2019, 06:39 AM
UHD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarrdadd View Post
I've never had any issues with the quality of the tv for watching football other than the crappy season my peoples had and I'm glad the regular season is over!

The. Tv has been nothing short of great in every respect.

TCL wish list:

When using the streaming apps, there is no way for the tv to tell what resolution it's getting from the app. It can of course tell HDR/DV. Example, watching Pluto, I can't tell the resolution the app is sending to me. Netflix has some tv with 4k only, but how can I've sure I'm getting 4k and is it 60/24fps. When I'm using the hdmi inputs, I can see that info with a push of a button. I can see most of that info when on one of my tv's I check the OTA channel I can get that info. So a way to tell what resolution apps are actually giving is my one thing on my wish list. Other than that, with my 3 TCL tv's, I am nothing but happy.
Netflix can show you the resolution like on other devices. Vudu does as well. The Amazon App on roku does not. Some devices have an Amazon app that shows you and some dont. Roku is one of the Amazon apps that do not show you the resolution of the encode being played. Which is one reason I prefer using my Shield TV or FireTV 4K stick when watching amazon content

post #4535 of 4822 Old 01-01-2019, 06:40 AM
UHD Addict

Quote:
Great black levels until a light source comes on the screen then you get blooming up the yin-yang... if it was just on the black bars I could live with it but when you get blooming on screen, that is a deal breaker.
Every FALD TV has that to some degree. Even a Sony Z9D with 600 zones has some blooming. Just not as much as a TV with far fewer zones.

post #4536 of 4822 Old 01-01-2019, 08:22 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Netflix can show you the resolution like on other devices. Vudu does as well. The Amazon App on roku does not. Some devices have an Amazon app that shows you and some dont. Roku is one of the Amazon apps that do not show you the resolution of the encode being played. Which is one reason I prefer using my Shield TV or FireTV 4K stick when watching amazon content

Thanks bud, I knew all that. I'm talking on TCL's end for showing the resolution of what's being streamed to the tv when using an app. It's just a wish, I suspect they could be able to do it, but it's no big deal if they can't/don't.

TCL-65R615, 55P605 DV/HDR10 & 49S405 HDR10, Philips BDP7501, BPD7502 UHD Players
Oppo BDP-105D, 105, 93, Marantz AV7702MKII, NR1607.
Emotiva XPA5,UPA2, UPA200 & Mini X Amps
Speakers, Polk SDA-2, Monitor 10A & 5A, Axiom M80,
VP180, QS8, M2, QS4, ATMOS 7.1.4 & 5.1.2 NYGiants!
post #4537 of 4822 Old 01-01-2019, 11:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Has anyone here used the ROKU accessory speakers that they offer for this display? I have read a few reviews, and they seem to be good...when paired with this TV. I have my old 5.1 setup used in this space, and it's ok... but was looking to go a little less obtrusive.
I have been waffling over a sound bar for a while.

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

post #4538 of 4822 Old 01-01-2019, 11:45 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I recently purchased a 55" 6 series from Best Buy and I'm experiencing very noticeable banding while watching sports and some regular content. I'm most likely going to exchange for a new one, but do I do I play the lottery with TCL or go with the Vizio P series? I do like the Roku software but I'm willing to go without as I have a 4kfirestick.
post #4539 of 4822 Old 01-01-2019, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 99
sounds like you made up your mind, good luck.

TCL-65R615, 55P605 DV/HDR10 & 49S405 HDR10, Philips BDP7501, BPD7502 UHD Players
Oppo BDP-105D, 105, 93, Marantz AV7702MKII, NR1607.
Emotiva XPA5,UPA2, UPA200 & Mini X Amps
Speakers, Polk SDA-2, Monitor 10A & 5A, Axiom M80,
VP180, QS8, M2, QS4, ATMOS 7.1.4 & 5.1.2 NYGiants!
post #4540 of 4822 Old 01-01-2019, 12:14 PM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskies 971 View Post
I recently purchased a 55" 6 series from Best Buy and I'm experiencing very noticeable banding while watching sports and some regular content. I'm most likely going to exchange for a new one, but do I do I play the lottery with TCL or go with the Vizio P series? I do like the Roku software but I'm willing to go without as I have a 4kfirestick.
Just be advised that the Vizio P series also has a panel lottery with banding as well as a crappy OS interface:

"Update 07/27/2018: The gray uniformity of TVs varies between units, and we have received reports of bad uniformity on some Vizio P Series TVs. We don't know how widespread this issue us, but will update the review as we learn more."

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/vizio/p-series-2018
post #4541 of 4822 Old 01-01-2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the pics. I sit dead on center. I actually have a strip of that lighting around a 47" tv that I replaced with this TCL 55". I never used it because I found it distracting having a lit white wall behind it. I can see blooming at the bottom of the black bar in your pic then it is gone with the lighting. I guess that is the trade off.

I also always notice it when the play icon from the bluray player goes on the screen for a few seconds, there is a bright glow behind it. Maybe our set has it worse? I'm going to have to try my luck and exchange it. I have no other complaints besides the blooming. When the local contrast is on high, it is pitch black and the daytime scenes look amazing too, but when that blooming shows up, it is.
I'm not sure if anything is wrong with your TV. You're pretty much gonna have to live with a little bit of blooming especially behind icons and white text. There is a reason why people get OLEDs. I would say that sitting dead center the blooming behind icons and text is basically gone with the bias lighting but if you find that distracting then I think you're just gonna have to live with the blooming or get an OLED.

Honestly the blooming with text, icons, and loading circles like on youtube never bothered me as it wasn't during the actual movie or video. It was usually at the beginning or end. Blooming mid movie was definitely a problem and the lights fixed that right up. Either way good luck with whatever you choose.
post #4542 of 4822 Old 01-01-2019, 02:47 PM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavsine View Post
Just be advised that the Vizio P series also has a panel lottery with banding as well as a crappy OS interface:

"Update 07/27/2018: The gray uniformity of TVs varies between units, and we have received reports of bad uniformity on some Vizio P Series TVs. We don't know how widespread this issue us, but will update the review as we learn more."

As someone who had a 2018 P Series, I can say that yes, there's a panel lottery with those sets as well. I had an ugly grid pattern that was visible while playing games such as Red Dead 2 and Spider-Man. The tv had pretty good picture quality other than that, but it ruined gaming for me so it had to go. Now I have a Samsung Q6FN with a pretty clean panel, but the light bleed with HDR is pretty bad. Dark scenes can look terrible at times, and mediocre at best. TVs were a lot easier to buy when they were under 50 inches and just 1080p, haha. Now it's a real pain.

Sony X900F
Xbox One X
PS4 Pro
post #4543 of 4822 Old 01-01-2019, 04:20 PM

Liked: 10
4k HDMI Switch

I just purchased the 55" Series 6 TCL LCD and was wondering if the group could recommend a HDMI switch that has at least two inputs that can pass 4K data? I have two Direct TV receivers, a Blueray DVD player, an Xbox One X, a Wii and a Raspberry Pi. Too many inputs for the TV to handle so I'm looking for the best option here.
post #4544 of 4822 Old 01-01-2019, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhyatt5871 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavsine View Post

As someone who had a 2018 P Series, I can say that yes, there's a panel lottery with those sets as well. I had an ugly grid pattern that was visible while playing games such as Red Dead 2 and Spider-Man. The tv had pretty good picture quality other than that, but it ruined gaming for me so it had to go. Now I have a Samsung Q6FN with a pretty clean panel, but the light bleed with HDR is pretty bad. Dark scenes can look terrible at times, and mediocre at best. TVs were a lot easier to buy when they were under 50 inches and just 1080p, haha. Now it's a real pain.
Tell me about it I had a 2006 55" Samsung that worked better as a heater than a TV, but there were no issues with the picture. Of course it was different technology, the panel weighed a ton, but it was reliable and I didn't have to worry about this garbage. I've minimized the vertical banding by turning the backlight down a ton, but it kind of defeats the purpose having the sports picture preset that turns the backlight to 100.
mhyatt5871 likes this.
post #4545 of 4822 Old 01-01-2019, 08:50 PM
UHD Addict

I use four 18gbps 5x1 hdm switches in my two uhd setups. They have worked with every hdr10 and Dolby Vision device I've used. I have two sewell switches that were around $70 each. And more recently two switches from Amazon that were $40 and $50. I've used the sewell switches for a year and a half with no issues. While I've only had the Amazon switches for a couple of months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wussery View Post
I just purchased the 55" Series 6 TCL LCD and was wondering if the group could recommend a HDMI switch that has at least two inputs that can pass 4K data? I have two Direct TV receivers, a Blueray DVD player, an Xbox One X, a Wii and a Raspberry Pi. Too many inputs for the TV to handle so I'm looking for the best option here.
Sent from my Tab S 10.5 using Tapatalk

post #4546 of 4822 Old 01-02-2019, 12:22 PM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskies 971 View Post
Tell me about it I had a 2006 55" Samsung that worked better as a heater than a TV, but there were no issues with the picture. Of course it was different technology, the panel weighed a ton, but it was reliable and I didn't have to worry about this garbage. I've minimized the vertical banding by turning the backlight down a ton, but it kind of defeats the purpose having the sports picture preset that turns the backlight to 100.
Yeah, it appears to be true when people say pick your poison when buying a TV these days. Even the highest end TVs seem to have some issue with lighting or banding or DSE, the list goes on and on. I'm having a hard time figuring out what issue I hate the least. It seems like if you can grab a TCL 6 without the banding or terrible DSE, you're good to go. Not sure if I want to roll those dice though.
srkmish likes this.

Sony X900F
Xbox One X
PS4 Pro
post #4547 of 4822 Old 01-02-2019, 01:40 PM
UHD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wussery View Post
Quote:
I use four 18gbps 5x1 hdm switches in my two uhd setups. They have worked with every hdr10 and Dolby Vision device I've used. I have two sewell switches that were around $70 each. And more recently two switches from Amazon that were $40 and $50. I've used the sewell switches for a year and a half with no issues. While I've only had the Amazon switches for a couple of months.

Sent from my Tab S 10.5 using Tapatalk
here are links to the 18Gbps switches I am using.

http://sewelldirect.com/switchdeck-...-22-444-chroma

And here are the two 5x1 HDMI Switches I got from Amazon recently(One costing around $50 and the other around $40)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

post #4548 of 4822 Old 01-02-2019, 03:26 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhyatt5871 View Post
Yeah, it appears to be true when people say pick your poison when buying a TV these days. Even the highest end TVs seem to have some issue with lighting or banding or DSE, the list goes on and on. I'm having a hard time figuring out what issue I hate the least. It seems like if you can grab a TCL 6 without the banding or terrible DSE, you're good to go. Not sure if I want to roll those dice though.

I've tried 3 P65-F1, 3 P55-F1 and 2 Sony X930E and all of them has some serious problems with them. I started my research over a half of year ago and took good amount of time returning and waiting for replacements. I have a 1080p tv that is over 5 years old and wanted to treat myself to a better tv, especially since I got gifted a xbox one x and is able to read 4k blu-rays.

Just today I had to return my Sony X930E because it had bunch of dead pixels and scratches that was underneath the main screen. I gave up after that and especially since Best Buy told me that was my last return and they won't honored no more returns for me. I was annoyed by that and just told myself I'm just going to keep my 1080p tv until it dies and don't care how long it takes. Shopping for a tv nowadays isn't a easy task and I'm tired of wasting and sinking time reading about all the problems these 4k units are having. Instead of adding more junk into tv's how about they just focus on improving on what they have and make it a solid units like how tv's were build back in the days. Company's nowadays don't have NO quality control at all and you don't even see the little sticker with someone initials on it showing that it was officially check by an inspector and it's ready to go. Everything is just JUNK... especially spending this amount of money on an item.
Matt2026 likes this.
post #4549 of 4822 Old 01-02-2019, 06:34 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 40
I'd posted a few weeks ago about getting lucky on a 55" TCL 6 series for my parents' Christmas present. The build date is September 2018. I consider it a winner of the panel lottery as there is almost no DSE or banding. The panel integrity on this particular TCL is not far from my 75" Sony Z9D (yes, of course the Sony outdoes the TCL in several other areas).

Pros: Test content fares well and movies looks great as I cannot find a single viewable flaw in real-world usage. Very bright! High contrast! The ROKU system is great and snappy! It's very light, even with though it's FALD (my Sony weighs 99.4 lbs). PRICE!!

Cons: The upscaling is very poor compared to Sony X1E processing. The color gradient is not as smooth and natural (8-bit panel?). The speakers are no better than average computer speakers.

Again, this TCL is the best bang for the buck for any modern-era TV I've ever seen. Wishing the same luck to all others who purchase this model.
Dollhands likes this.

Sony 75" Z9D, 75" 900E, 65" 850C, 800E, Panny 4K, Plasma, dozens more...
JVC RS540u & 110" ALR Screen (previous: Epson 5040UBe)
(Previous sets: 65" 930E, 940D, LG 65" C7, 65" 900E, various Samsungs, etc...)
speakers: Dynaudio M1's, M3A's, BM15A's, NS10's, dozens of Bryston amps
post #4550 of 4822 Old 01-02-2019, 09:41 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Ive had my 65” 6 series about a month now and here’s my thoughts.

I stream all my content and game on xbox one s. Previous tv was a 2015 vizio M 50” 1080p.

QC wise, I hit the jackpot. I have very minimal DSE and almost no banding. Very happy with the QC after watching and also running gray tests.

Weird variance in quality between 4K content. I think it’s mostly the actual content, but i just notice that some things I’m like “is this even 4K” and then go check the details to make sure.

I play a lot of destiny, halo, forza, fortnite, rocket league, battlefield. I know I’m not on a one x, but I’m not overly impressed with the improvement in image. I thought it’d be night and day going to 4K and local dimming and just overall brighter/better tv. It’s bigger, but that’s about 90% of the improvement.

Settings from Rtings sucked. I messed with it and just made it look appealing to me. Their settings looked very cold/white/blue and washed out.

Motion can be weird. Mostly when playing games i feel like i get a weird sensation when turning quickly. Thinking this is the 60hz?

The tv doesn’t want to control volume on my sound bar. I have a 2015 vizio soundbar, doesn’t have HDMI. The only input it has that the TV can send is the optical. The TV is not able to control the volume, so I’m having to use two remotes which is annoying.

All in all, i got this for the $799 cyber Monday deal at BB, have until 1/12/19 to return. Kinda debating it and getting the Vizio. Reading around I feel the vizio edges out the 6 series. I do love the roku system though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #4551 of 4822 Old 01-03-2019, 07:30 AM
UHD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldon2es View Post
Ive had my 65” 6 series about a month now and here’s my thoughts.

I stream all my content and game on xbox one s. Previous tv was a 2015 vizio M 50” 1080p.

QC wise, I hit the jackpot. I have very minimal DSE and almost no banding. Very happy with the QC after watching and also running gray tests.

Weird variance in quality between 4K content. I think it’s mostly the actual content, but i just notice that some things I’m like “is this even 4K” and then go check the details to make sure.

I play a lot of destiny, halo, forza, fortnite, rocket league, battlefield. I know I’m not on a one x, but I’m not overly impressed with the improvement in image. I thought it’d be night and day going to 4K and local dimming and just overall brighter/better tv. It’s bigger, but that’s about 90% of the improvement.

Settings from Rtings sucked. I messed with it and just made it look appealing to me. Their settings looked very cold/white/blue and washed out.

Motion can be weird. Mostly when playing games i feel like i get a weird sensation when turning quickly. Thinking this is the 60hz?

The tv doesn’t want to control volume on my sound bar. I have a 2015 vizio soundbar, doesn’t have HDMI. The only input it has that the TV can send is the optical. The TV is not able to control the volume, so I’m having to use two remotes which is annoying.

All in all, i got this for the $799 cyber Monday deal at BB, have until 1/12/19 to return. Kinda debating it and getting the Vizio. Reading around I feel the vizio edges out the 6 series. I do love the roku system though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The XB1S is not a 4K game system. It renders at 1080P or lower and then upscales to 2160P for output. You need an XB1X if you want to see an improvement in the image. The only thing for games that the XB1S does over the original Fat Xbox One is output HDR and scale up to UHD. It still renders the games at the same resolution.
lynesjc likes this.

post #4552 of 4822 Old 01-03-2019, 07:38 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
The XB1S is not a 4K game system. It renders at 1080P or lower and then upscales to 2160P for output. You need an XB1X if you want to see an improvement in the image. The only thing for games that the XB1S does over the original Fat Xbox One is output HDR and scale up to UHD. It still renders the games at the same resolution.

I’m aware of this, but I still feel the actual picture quality would be crisper with better blacks coming from a tv I’ve had 4 years. It is mostly the blur during games that kinda disappoints me.

Friend is bringing his x over this weekend to test. If it resolves my concerns, I’ll just get an x. But if it remains, I’ll be bringing the Vizio home to compare side by side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #4553 of 4822 Old 01-03-2019, 07:46 AM
UHD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldon2es View Post
I’m aware of this, but I still feel the actual picture quality would be crisper with better blacks coming from a tv I’ve had 4 years. It is mostly the blur during games that kinda disappoints me.

Friend is bringing his x over this weekend to test. If it resolves my concerns, I’ll just get an x. But if it remains, I’ll be bringing the Vizio home to compare side by side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WIth my XB1X and XB1S, there is a huge difference on screen between the two with my SOny UHD TV and my TCL UHD TV.
As far as motion handling, it is a 60hz panel. Not much you can do about that. EVery TV in every price range has certain issues. And no Tv is perfect.

So for me I didn't go the Vizio route because of all the banding in colors I saw in the P Quantum and regular P Series. BAnding that should not be there. FOr me that is far more annoying than the motion.
Plus it's an LCD TV anyway. Every LCD drops majorly in resolution with movement on screen, unlike an OLED. No way to eliminate that . You can reduce the effect by turning on motion smoothing. But then with every TV you increase the lag by doing that. Which is why game mode turns that off with TVs. And I have been very pleased with my TCL 6 seeries with games on my XB1X and PS4 Pro using game mode.

post #4554 of 4822 Old 01-03-2019, 01:36 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by alurry View Post
I'm sure it has been discussed here before but I just tried bias lighting and my god I swear my 55R617 looks like an OLED now! I got this one for $20 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...qh_dp_hza?th=1) and I couldn't recommend it more. I got the large and put it around the top and sides of the TV (If your TV is mounted you might want the XL and put it all the way around).

I was skeptical but even only using it for one day I know I will never go back. Like seriously I was considering saving for an OLED and although I think I will eventually get one it isn't even something I'm gonna think about for a few years because of this lighting.
I took your advice and picked up the bias lighting you linked. When I plug it into my usb plug the power is constantly on. In other words, the light is one regardless of if the tv is on or off. How did you get around this? I tried turning off my "quickstart" setting in case that was the problem but it didn't change anything. I'm happy to give this a shot but not if it's always on.

EDIT: Never mind. Apparently the tv has a delayed power down so the lights will eventually turn off.

Last edited by dchay; 01-03-2019 at 01:42 PM.
post #4555 of 4822 Old 01-03-2019, 02:07 PM
UHD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchay View Post
I took your advice and picked up the bias lighting you linked. When I plug it into my usb plug the power is constantly on. In other words, the light is one regardless of if the tv is on or off. How did you get around this? I tried turning off my "quickstart" setting in case that was the problem but it didn't change anything. I'm happy to give this a shot but not if it's always on.

EDIT: Never mind. Apparently the tv has a delayed power down so the lights will eventually turn off.
I use a smart switch with my Bias lights. So I can either tell my Echos or Google devices to turn them on/off. Or have my Harmony remote turn them on/off with the TV.

post #4556 of 4822 Old 01-03-2019, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchay View Post

Did you end up liking what it did to the picture quality? I hope I didn't steer you wrong... I just watched 300 on blu-ray and my goodness it was beautiful.

Last edited by alurry; 01-03-2019 at 11:12 PM.
post #4557 of 4822 Old 01-04-2019, 06:17 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 195
It looks as if a 75 inch is on the way.

http://fccid.io/W8U75R615/Users-Man...Manual-4125169

http://fccid.io/W8U75R615
aaronwt likes this.
post #4558 of 4822 Old 01-04-2019, 07:35 AM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 48
thats interesting. they changed the screen size but not model number, thats odd.

LR= BP7004s/CLR2002/SuperCubeII/B&W-CCM684s/A-60s/Pio-SC-95

BR= SM350s/ProCenter1000/ProSub1000/SM350s/Pio-VSX-822
post #4559 of 4822 Old 01-04-2019, 07:48 AM

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 42
That looked like a Quick Start Guide and not a full user manual in the listed exhibits. Would have been nice to see full specs bu I guess we'll just have to wait and see if it is announced at CES.

Doesn't look like they implemented eARC just going by the side diagram.

"You keep using that word...I do not think it means what you think it means."

-Steve-

Denon AVR-X2400H, 2 HEOS 3HS2's
The rest: old, with incremental upgrades in progress...
post #4560 of 4822 Old 01-04-2019, 07:53 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Hypothetically, I wonder what TCL would price a 75" tv at. The 65" released at $999.99 with a discount for early buyers. You think TCL would release a 75" at $1599.00? I'd hope not more, but who knows. I'm basically waiting for either superbowl sales on the NU8000 in February or clearance pricing on tv's that are getting pushed out for new inventory March-April. However, if TCL's 75" tv's came out soon enough, as in May 1st, the same time-frame the 6-series was released last year, I'd be willing to wait.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
6-series , tcl