72Likes

post #211 of 222 Old 07-31-2018, 07:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkwong View Post
I’ve heard that the Philips player has minor stuttering playing 3d Blu-ray Discs.
It's true. I does have minor stuttering with 3D, but it's VERY minor, and I barely noticed it the last time I played a 3D disc. What it does have, though, is rock solid UHD disc playing. I haven't had one freeze on any UHD, BD, or DVD that I have put in the player, something that a lot of more notable players can't say.

But if I didn't have the Philips, the LG would be my next pick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 222 Old 08-03-2018, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have LGUP970 and I have a single problem in Netflix application it stays all the time in DV, ie from the interface, profile page, HD movies run in DV, I wonder if this Netflix DV Bug problem has been solved in the UBK90 .
post #213 of 222 Old 08-04-2018, 06:20 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnicks View Post
Thanks, Bob! This is incredibly helpful. I failed to mention that my speaker setup is only 5.1. Based on your post, it sounds possible that when 'bitstreaming' these Atmos tracks, the player determines that the full 7.1 is not needed, and therefore only sends 5.1. Whereas with other 7.1 content, all channels are sent and the receiver handles the mixing to 5.1 itself.

I also really appreciate the point about getting the lossy compatibility track. Fortunately, in all bitstream instances, the receiver is detecting Dolby TrueHD or DTS HD-MA.

Thanks again,
Greg
For you to get Atmos via USB in Auto bistream, you need to download a BDMV m2ts file, if it is MKV the Atmos only works on PCM- multi channel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #214 of 222 Old 08-28-2018, 11:14 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Just purchased the LG UBK80 & would like to inquire about the availability of an upgrade for the remote. Thanks in advance for any insight.
B.
post #215 of 222 Old 08-31-2018, 09:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello everybody.
I bought the ubk90 recently together brought 7 movies in 4K.
Arriving here I connected on my B7 and it was just wonders. But about 3 days ago I put the movie Ready Player One to watch and had a small freeze of the image half of the end of the film. I started to test the others in one more movie happened this, the others turned legal. When I reboot and select the excerpt from the movie where it has such freezing. Sometimes it runs normal and others happens the damn freezing. The disks are perfect so using an HDMI 2.0 cable does anyone know if this has a way with a firmware update? Consulting forums had reports where these image freezes occurred. I'm desperate already ...: /
post #216 of 222 Old 08-31-2018, 10:46 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 5890 Post(s)
Liked: 5377
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielmarques View Post
Hello everybody.

I bought the ubk90 recently together brought 7 movies in 4K.

Arriving here I connected on my B7 and it was just wonders. But about 3 days ago I put the movie Ready Player One to watch and had a small freeze of the image half of the end of the film. I started to test the others in one more movie happened this, the others turned legal. When I reboot and select the excerpt from the movie where it has such freezing. Sometimes it runs normal and others happens the damn freezing. The disks are perfect so using an HDMI 2.0 cable does anyone know if this has a way with a firmware update? Consulting forums had reports where these image freezes occurred. I'm desperate already ...: /

If it only happens with one disc then it’s probably the disc. I would wipe it with a clean microfiber cloth and see if that helps. If anything exchange the disc to see if it still occurs.
post #217 of 222 Old 12-17-2018, 06:01 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I think it's obvious by now: the UBK90 has occasional problems. It's not just the odd random unit, nor is it dirty discs. I've had mine for several months now, and it's a definite issue.

Yes, I and others know how to use a premium certified cable, and ensure the discs are pristine. The player will freeze at one point in a film, then play that section fine on the next try. I've encountered the problem on 5 different films now, so it's definitely a thing. I also find it oddly difficult to get the disc eject button to work without repeated presses. These issues I'll just have to live with, until/unless a more solid player comes along. When the player works it's still pretty fabulous. YMMV.
post #218 of 222 Old 12-17-2018, 07:54 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerojose View Post
I think it's obvious by now: the UBK90 has occasional problems. It's not just the odd random unit, nor is it dirty discs. I've had mine for several months now, and it's a definite issue.

Yes, I and others know how to use a premium certified cable, and ensure the discs are pristine. The player will freeze at one point in a film, then play that section fine on the next try. I've encountered the problem on 5 different films now, so it's definitely a thing. I also find it oddly difficult to get the disc eject button to work without repeated presses. These issues I'll just have to live with, until/unless a more solid player comes along. When the player works it's still pretty fabulous. YMMV.

I think you are right unfortunately. I have experienced both issues.

The difference with the freezing that I have with this player and other's that I have had freezing on is this one seems to often freeze and then continue without any intervention where as others that I have had would just freeze and not continue (causing me to eject and start over).

LG OLED B7
Denon X1200W AVR
KLIPSCH RF82 II mains, RP-140SA, RC62 II CENTER, RB-10 surrounds
SVS PB-2000
Roku Ultra
post #219 of 222 Old 12-19-2018, 07:38 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2617 Post(s)
Liked: 1772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin803 View Post
I think you are right unfortunately. I have experienced both issues.

The difference with the freezing that I have with this player and other's that I have had freezing on is this one seems to often freeze and then continue without any intervention where as others that I have had would just freeze and not continue (causing me to eject and start over).

What is odd about this is that I haven't experienced any of the issues mentioned. However, I haven't played very many 4k UHD disks yet nor have I played any BD100 disks so we'll see.

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
post #220 of 222 Old 12-24-2018, 10:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1400 Post(s)
Liked: 1364
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerojose View Post

Yeah - mine has been mostly solid but I too have had random, WTF moments where something just aint right. Ive had sound cut outs occur during chapter advances and the ocassional skip or hesitation. It does usually resume though and its rare enough that I too will live with it. Keep those discs clean! I always wipe them down with a micro cloth prior to each viewing. Seems like UHD is a more picky format than blu-ray regarding perfectly clean/smudge/lint free discs. If you read the threads, just about every UHD player has some complaints of random weirdness. Its more normal than you'd think. Thats why trying another player isnt likely to really improve anything and I do want the Dolby Vision support!

Still, it works just fine most of the time so Ill go with it. And yeah, the cables are premium and seated properly

LG OLED65E6P, Samsung PN64H5000
LG UBK-90, Samsung UBD-8500K
Polk RTi Towers, STi surrounds
Polk Subwoofer
Sony DH550 AVR
post #221 of 222 Old 12-29-2018, 07:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I have a silly silly rookie question that I've been googling around for and cannot find. I just installed a ubk90 in my home theatre and I use IR repeaters because my rack doesn't face towards my seating position. I can't find where to tape the IR sticker blocker onto the front of this player. Any help? Oddly it seems to be working to spite that fact but I'd still like to set it up correctly and i see no little black window where it receives signal. I don't think it's RF but am I won't?
post #222 of 222 Old 01-04-2019, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 72
I have the 80 and it's had issues with 4k discs that are not perfect. Ready Player One had a bad skip/stutter scene near the end, cleaned the disc and it did better. Similar issue with the incredibles 2, where it had some minor scratches and skipped.

I got mine on a great closeout deal, so for now I'll keep it. But I probably will look to upgrade to the Sony in the future. To note, this player has done flawless with blu-ray, so I'll probably move it to the 1080p TV when the time comes I upgrade.

Denon X4300H; Sony XBR75 900E; Definitive Technology RLS-II/DI 5.5LCR/DI 5.5R; NHT SW12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players