Forum Jump: 
 62Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #211 of 256 Old 01-03-2019, 11:54 PM
Newbie
 
Federico Previdi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Italy
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by svpdog View Post
I have my Apple TV hooked up to the HDMI in on the Cambridge. It does work;
Thanks for answering.

Do you confirm it is possible to adjust the 4K HDR signals from your ATV ? I meam changing sliders of sharpness, contrast, etc and last but not least important: setting the target luminance.
Federico Previdi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #212 of 256 Old 01-04-2019, 04:43 AM
Member
 
svpdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Federico Previdi View Post
Thanks for answering.

Do you confirm it is possible to adjust the 4K HDR signals from your ATV ? I meam changing sliders of sharpness, contrast, etc and last but not least important: setting the target luminance.
It does allow me to change the settings on the Cambridge but I have not played with it extensively. I can look at it closer this weekend.
svpdog is offline  
post #213 of 256 Old 01-04-2019, 01:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Actionable Mango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 478
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy hopping View Post
how come their website doesn't show the manual or what the remote looks like nor is there any PDF file on the zoom in of the unit? do these people have something to hide? they are the only brand who does this
I don't see the remote, but there are plenty of other pictures which can be zoomed in and there's a link to the manual right on the product page.
Actionable Mango is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #214 of 256 Old 01-05-2019, 01:31 AM
Advanced Member
 
locutus2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Rome, Italy
Posts: 658
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Yesterday i've made an extensive test between the Cambridge and the Oppo 203. While i was really pissed at first for the added features the Oppo has (as the various HDR to SDR conversion types or the ability to force DV decoding to the player or tv/vpr), the video quality of the Cambrdige surpasses the Oppo by a large amount. I'm not talking of subtle or negligible differences: the Cambridge has a better overall definition, micro details pops up in a way you can't find on the Oppo, you can say that at first view.
Very happy to have this unit if they will ever update the firmware to HDR10+ and other "small" things this (really need a DV control to force decoding in the player) is a reference machine, the best one money can buy. Grab one if you can.
locutus2k is offline  
post #215 of 256 Old 01-05-2019, 03:19 AM
Member
 
gactm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Timisoara, Romania
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy hopping View Post
how come their website doesn't show the manual or what the remote looks like

This is how the remote looks like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CA-CXUHD.Remote.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	500.8 KB
ID:	2505982  
gactm is offline  
post #216 of 256 Old 01-05-2019, 05:21 AM
Senior Member
 
happy hopping's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Malibu, CA, USA
Posts: 450
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 15
thank you. I was never able to find a photo at the search engine that shows the button properly. In this case, it's not a player for me, as I need the shuffle button because I only use it for CD music
happy hopping is offline  
post #217 of 256 Old 01-06-2019, 01:41 PM
Advanced Member
 
locutus2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Rome, Italy
Posts: 658
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Well, if you need a simple cd player there are many others candidates at a cheaper price, even in the Cambridge line.
Otherwise is like buying a Ferrari and complaints about small room in the trunk

Last edited by locutus2k; 01-07-2019 at 12:56 AM.
locutus2k is offline  
post #218 of 256 Old 01-08-2019, 01:10 PM
Advanced Member
 
willieconway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 833
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 282
I received mine yesterday and tested a few BDs and UHD BDs. No issues, performs as expected, and of course a very nice build quality.

But...that wallpaper image?!? It's almost in the same class of stupid as Sony's remote that has the play button right below the home button.

I'm also not crazy about the white power indicator being on all the time. I'll probably cover it up.

Equipment and collection link:
Spoiler!
willieconway is online now  
post #219 of 256 Old 01-08-2019, 04:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
StevenC56's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,311
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 476 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by willieconway View Post
I received mine yesterday and tested a few BDs and UHD BDs. No issues, performs as expected, and of course a very nice build quality.

But...that wallpaper image?!? It's almost in the same class of stupid as Sony's remote that has the play button right below the home button.

I'm also not crazy about the white power indicator being on all the time. I'll probably cover it up.
I asked them about changing that splash screen image, and they said that they have no plans to do so. Also, as of today they still have no firmware release date or even a time-frame. These are the problems dealing with a company that sells pretty much all re-branded clone components.

JVC X750R Projector, Yamaha RX-Z11 Receiver, Yamaha MX-D1 Power Amps x 2, Oppo BDP-103D Blu-Ray Player, Panasonic DP-UB820 UHD Player, Pioneer Elite CLD-99 Laser Disc Player, Definitive Technology BP7000SC Mains, CLR3000 Center, BPVX Surround Sides&Backs, BPX Front&Rear Presence, Martin Logan Abyss Front L&R Subs/Dynamo L&R Rear Surround Channel Subs, Infinity SSW-210 Center Channel Sub. New Atmos Pre-Pro in the Works.
StevenC56 is online now  
post #220 of 256 Old 01-08-2019, 04:12 PM
Advanced Member
 
willieconway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 833
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenC56 View Post
I asked them about changing that splash screen image, and they said that they have no plans to do so. Also, as of today they still have no firmware release date or even a time-frame. These are the problems dealing with a company that sells pretty much all re-branded clone components.
They just told me via email that they're working on a way to remove the picture but have no date for the change. I'm new to CA and don't know what that means but I'm setting my expectations fairly low.
willieconway is online now  
post #221 of 256 Old 01-09-2019, 12:55 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
New here - I got a CXUHD directly from Cambridge when they had a brief stock in December. FW upgraded as released. Looks great on my LG C8

Having an issue with playback of the Atmos/Truehd track on Incredibles2. The audio has sharp squeals or squawks from time to time - I can specifically point to this happening in the end credits.

I do not have an Atmos AV processor, and really don't have a room suitable so not planning on buying one soon. Currently running an outlaw 975 pre/pro and 755 amp. Not had any problems with non-atmos TrueHD prior.

The Cambridge site says Atmos playback supported. Wondered if its a decoder issue - Outlaw asked if the player supports seamless branching with Atmos discs as they think the player has an issue. Seen discussions here that indicate it is an issue with earlier players. I've sent a request onto Cambridge but no response yet.

Anyone have any ideas on this issue? I can play back the compressed tracks or PCM but if more atmos is coming that really is not the satisfying option.

TIA

LGC855 CXUHD Outlaw 976 pre/pro 755 Amp Pioneer DVL-919 SVS Ultimate 5.1 speakers PC13 sub
rs60nr is offline  
post #222 of 256 Old 01-10-2019, 10:12 AM
Member
 
gactm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Timisoara, Romania
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
As you wrote that you didn’t have an Atmos AV processor and not planning on buying one soon, you should have no worries with respect to your Cambridge Audio CXUHD player. What you need to be aware is that Cambridge Audio CXUHD player was not designed to decode Atmos signals, but only to bitstream metadata to an Atmos capable AV receiver/processor.
gactm is offline  
post #223 of 256 Old 01-10-2019, 12:36 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gactm View Post
you should have no worries with respect to your Cambridge Audio CXUHD player. What you need to be aware is that Cambridge Audio CXUHD player was not designed to decode Atmos signals, but only to bitstream metadata to an Atmos capable AV receiver/processor.
I knew the player only sends the bitstream (or PCM). And I know that in theory a non-Atmos but TrueHD capable AVR should ignore the Atmos layer/metadata and play the TrueHD track just fine.

But my post relates to the fact that playback of the TrueHD/Atmos track on the Incredibles2 on my system IS having issues - sharp squawks from time to time.

So is it the disc encoding, player or avr decoding?

The avr support guy says player - saying seamless branching could be the issue (as has been with older players like my OPPO BDP83-SE). CA support has referred to engineering the branching question. But their site says Atmos is supported. AFAIK as is on its close cousin - the OPPO 203.

My question to other CXUHD owners relates to Atmos track playback on non-atmos AVR's - no issues? or if anyone has seen issues with that particular disc in this configuration?

I realize can use the other tracks or use the PCM output - but I'd rather use the TrueHD track. Thx

LGC855 CXUHD Outlaw 976 pre/pro 755 Amp Pioneer DVL-919 SVS Ultimate 5.1 speakers PC13 sub
rs60nr is offline  
post #224 of 256 Old 01-10-2019, 04:12 PM
Read the FAQ!
 
Bob Pariseau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 34,981
Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5621 Post(s)
Liked: 7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs60nr View Post
I knew the player only sends the bitstream (or PCM). And I know that in theory a non-Atmos but TrueHD capable AVR should ignore the Atmos layer/metadata and play the TrueHD track just fine.

But my post relates to the fact that playback of the TrueHD/Atmos track on the Incredibles2 on my system IS having issues - sharp squawks from time to time.

So is it the disc encoding, player or avr decoding?

The avr support guy says player - saying seamless branching could be the issue (as has been with older players like my OPPO BDP83-SE). CA support has referred to engineering the branching question. But their site says Atmos is supported. AFAIK as is on its close cousin - the OPPO 203.

My question to other CXUHD owners relates to Atmos track playback on non-atmos AVR's - no issues? or if anyone has seen issues with that particular disc in this configuration?

I realize can use the other tracks or use the PCM output - but I'd rather use the TrueHD track. Thx
It is unlikely the problem is with seamless branching support given the processor used in this player, but if that is the case it will happen for ANYONE playing this disc and using Bitstream output. By the way, such an issue would not be specifically an Atmos problem, but rather that Atmos is actually a TrueHD 7.1 track with additional embedded info. The suggestion is that the player is having trouble formatting the TrueHD 7.1 Bitstream output at points where seamless branches occur in the disc content.

So if anyone else is playing this disc WITHOUT problems (while using Bitstream output), the seamless branching suggestion doesn't work.

The other possibility is that there is a TrueHD 7.1 decoding bug in the AVR. I tend to lean in that direction, as seamless branching output faults typically exhibit as brief audio dropouts -- not squawks. Squawks (or similar) are more likely to be a decoding fault. If THAT'S the case then you would expect the problem to happen with ANY player sending this Bitstream track to that model/firmware of AVR.
--Bob
KC-Technerd likes this.

Need personal consultation/training? Or just curious about my Blog? Check out my web site!
Bob Pariseau is online now  
post #225 of 256 Old 01-10-2019, 06:57 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
The other possibility is that there is a TrueHD 7.1 decoding bug in the AVR. I tend to lean in that direction, as seamless branching output faults typically exhibit as brief audio dropouts -- not squawks. Squawks (or similar) are more likely to be a decoding fault. If THAT'S the case then you would expect the problem to happen with ANY player sending this Bitstream track to that model/firmware of AVR.
--Bob
Thanks, Bob.

That was my initial gut feel as well. The AVR is 4-5 years old - uses the Cirrus CS497024 chipset. I'm going to audition a more recent AVR to see if that may be the issue, but wanted to get some other opinions as well. I did see some posts regarding authoring issues with some studios.

LGC855 CXUHD Outlaw 976 pre/pro 755 Amp Pioneer DVL-919 SVS Ultimate 5.1 speakers PC13 sub
rs60nr is offline  
post #226 of 256 Old 01-11-2019, 11:43 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
This just in from CA support:


"Our factory has informed us that the CXUHD, in fact, does not support seamlessbranching for Atmos."


That was a surprise - now wondering if I should return the player....

LGC855 CXUHD Outlaw 976 pre/pro 755 Amp Pioneer DVL-919 SVS Ultimate 5.1 speakers PC13 sub
rs60nr is offline  
post #227 of 256 Old 01-11-2019, 11:58 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs60nr View Post
I knew the player only sends the bitstream (or PCM). And I know that in theory a non-Atmos but TrueHD capable AVR should ignore the Atmos layer/metadata and play the TrueHD track just fine.

But my post relates to the fact that playback of the TrueHD/Atmos track on the Incredibles2 on my system IS having issues - sharp squawks from time to time.

So is it the disc encoding, player or avr decoding?

The avr support guy says player - saying seamless branching could be the issue (as has been with older players like my OPPO BDP83-SE). CA support has referred to engineering the branching question. But their site says Atmos is supported. AFAIK as is on its close cousin - the OPPO 203.

My question to other CXUHD owners relates to Atmos track playback on non-atmos AVR's - no issues? or if anyone has seen issues with that particular disc in this configuration?

I realize can use the other tracks or use the PCM output - but I'd rather use the TrueHD track. Thx

This happened to me as well. But ONLY for this one movie. Try another movie and it should work just fine without problems
mrkillerhomer is offline  
post #228 of 256 Old 01-11-2019, 12:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Actionable Mango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 478
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs60nr View Post
This just in from CA support:


"Our factory has informed us that the CXUHD, in fact, does not support seamlessbranching for Atmos."


That was a surprise - now wondering if I should return the player....
Wow, they need to fix that. Even if there's no way to support it with existing chipset hardware they should at least implement a firmware workaround like recognizing the seamless branching + ATMOS and selecting a different audio track by default.

It's not like Incredibles 2 is some obscure title by some obscure studio.
Actionable Mango is offline  
post #229 of 256 Old 01-11-2019, 12:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
StevenC56's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,311
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 476 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Does the Oppo 203 support seamless branching? If it does, then Cambridge support's answer doesn't make sense.

JVC X750R Projector, Yamaha RX-Z11 Receiver, Yamaha MX-D1 Power Amps x 2, Oppo BDP-103D Blu-Ray Player, Panasonic DP-UB820 UHD Player, Pioneer Elite CLD-99 Laser Disc Player, Definitive Technology BP7000SC Mains, CLR3000 Center, BPVX Surround Sides&Backs, BPX Front&Rear Presence, Martin Logan Abyss Front L&R Subs/Dynamo L&R Rear Surround Channel Subs, Infinity SSW-210 Center Channel Sub. New Atmos Pre-Pro in the Works.
StevenC56 is online now  
post #230 of 256 Old 01-11-2019, 12:19 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenC56 View Post
Does the Oppo 203 support seamless branching? If it does, then Cambridge support's answer doesn't make sense.
Agreed - I replied and mentioned the 203 heritage. But I can't say I've seen specific confirmation on the 203's support or lack of issues, just seemed like the case based on cruising that thread...but if there is a definitive post, please link.


I'll post any relevant replies from CA

LGC855 CXUHD Outlaw 976 pre/pro 755 Amp Pioneer DVL-919 SVS Ultimate 5.1 speakers PC13 sub
rs60nr is offline  
post #231 of 256 Old 01-11-2019, 12:46 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkillerhomer View Post
This happened to me as well. But ONLY for this one movie. Try another movie and it should work just fine without problems
Will do - that's very helpful...and reassuring - thanks!

LGC855 CXUHD Outlaw 976 pre/pro 755 Amp Pioneer DVL-919 SVS Ultimate 5.1 speakers PC13 sub
rs60nr is offline  
post #232 of 256 Old 01-11-2019, 12:53 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs60nr View Post
Will do - that's very helpful...and reassuring - thanks!
You are very welcome. That just happened to be the first movie i saw when i bought the player a few weeks ago and got worried i would have problems.
But i have now watched a lot of movies and can safely say i have only seen this problem on that 1 movie.
My own theory is that its because of how the stream works, if you do a full BD rip you get about 20-30 different m2ts files to play the whole movie, i think its each time it switches between these that the problem happens. Did you see it from the real disc?

I hoped that would have fixed the problem, but it wouldnt if it still fails from disc
mrkillerhomer is offline  
post #233 of 256 Old 01-11-2019, 02:29 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkillerhomer View Post
You are very welcome. That just happened to be the first movie i saw when i bought the player a few weeks ago and got worried i would have problems.
...Did you see it from the real disc?
2nd 4k Disc - but the other was not atmos - MI latest. Yes it was a real disc. I have a HD bluray atmos disc I believe - Jupiter rising - that I'll have to check out.

LGC855 CXUHD Outlaw 976 pre/pro 755 Amp Pioneer DVL-919 SVS Ultimate 5.1 speakers PC13 sub
rs60nr is offline  
post #234 of 256 Old 01-11-2019, 04:27 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs60nr View Post
2nd 4k Disc - but the other was not atmos - MI latest. Yes it was a real disc. I have a HD bluray atmos disc I believe - Jupiter rising - that I'll have to check out.
wait it also happened on the first 4k disc that was not with atmos? :O
mrkillerhomer is offline  
post #235 of 256 Old 01-11-2019, 04:59 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkillerhomer View Post
wait it also happened on the first 4k disc that was not with atmos? :O
Sorry - No - only my single 4K atmos disk (Incredibles 2) has had the issue. Non-atmos 4k & HD = Good. I have not played any other atmos disk, 4k or HD yet

UPDATE: the 976 w the TI-DA808 DSP chipset, did not have the issues with Incredibles 2. So looks like its a decoder issue with the older 975.

Last edited by rs60nr; 01-12-2019 at 05:18 PM.
rs60nr is offline  
post #236 of 256 Old 01-12-2019, 02:50 AM
Advanced Member
 
locutus2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Rome, Italy
Posts: 658
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I don't have the Incredibles 2 disk but i've played a couple of Atmos (one of them if i'm not wrtong was the latest MI) titles and had no issue. But i output TrueHD to my Marantz 8805 receiver since i haven't yet installed an Atmos speaker configuration. The TrueHD output is automatic when tehere's no Atmos config on the receiver but i suspect the receiver has the full Atmos on input.

We have to send messages and messages to the Cambridge support, they have to understand that we need the promised firmware update to fix bugs and add options as HDR10+. Hopefully we'll get rid of the bearded guy, too, but maybe that's asking too much.

Just a riflession here: HT gear is well know as a male hobby (no racism here, just facts). Why - WHY???_ they put that guy on the splash screen instead of something else? And mr programmer at Cambridge if you don't know what else to put instead get a Sports Illustrated magazine for some good suggestion.
StevenC56 likes this.
locutus2k is offline  
post #237 of 256 Old 01-12-2019, 11:04 AM
Advanced Member
 
willieconway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 833
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 282
Certain buttons on my CXUHD trigger my Oppo 103D. Is there a way to reprogram either the remote or the Oppo to stop them from communicating?
willieconway is online now  
post #238 of 256 Old 01-12-2019, 01:26 PM
Advanced Member
 
willieconway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 833
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus2k View Post
I don't have the Incredibles 2 disk but i've played a couple of Atmos (one of them if i'm not wrtong was the latest MI) titles and had no issue. But i output TrueHD to my Marantz 8805 receiver since i haven't yet installed an Atmos speaker configuration. The TrueHD output is automatic when tehere's no Atmos config on the receiver but i suspect the receiver has the full Atmos on input.

We have to send messages and messages to the Cambridge support, they have to understand that we need the promised firmware update to fix bugs and add options as HDR10+. Hopefully we'll get rid of the bearded guy, too, but maybe that's asking too much.

Just a riflession here: HT gear is well know as a male hobby (no racism here, just facts). Why - WHY???_ they put that guy on the splash screen instead of something else? And mr programmer at Cambridge if you don't know what else to put instead get a Sports Illustrated magazine for some good suggestion.
What I think you're proposing for the splash screen would be just as bad. Good product design would dictate a neutral/abstract slash screen background.

Equipment and collection link:
Spoiler!
willieconway is online now  
post #239 of 256 Old 01-12-2019, 01:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
StevenC56's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,311
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 476 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by willieconway View Post
What I think you're proposing for the splash screen would be just as bad. Good product design would dictate a neutral/abstract slash screen background.
I don't think he was totally serious. I think anything neutral other than the bearded guy would be fine for most.

JVC X750R Projector, Yamaha RX-Z11 Receiver, Yamaha MX-D1 Power Amps x 2, Oppo BDP-103D Blu-Ray Player, Panasonic DP-UB820 UHD Player, Pioneer Elite CLD-99 Laser Disc Player, Definitive Technology BP7000SC Mains, CLR3000 Center, BPVX Surround Sides&Backs, BPX Front&Rear Presence, Martin Logan Abyss Front L&R Subs/Dynamo L&R Rear Surround Channel Subs, Infinity SSW-210 Center Channel Sub. New Atmos Pre-Pro in the Works.
StevenC56 is online now  
post #240 of 256 Old 01-12-2019, 04:21 PM
Advanced Member
 
locutus2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Rome, Italy
Posts: 658
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Ohhhh my if i were a comedian i would never had willieconway in the audience
It was a joke of course (but if i have to choose between the bearded guy and a nice looking blue eyes girl i know what i'll pick!).
locutus2k is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Blu-ray Players



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off