New to Oppo World…installed my 105D yesterday and impressed with audio (SACD), video (BD), and especially video upgrade from cable box. Had an "HD" channel before that barely passed for HD, and now is very crisp, with the HD pop.
Anyhow, several questions:
1. Connected via ethernet which tested and works find - both by running connection test and Netflix. However, won't do firmware update ("Cannot Connect to Server"). Thought it might be a temporary issue, but didn't work all day yesterday and not working this morning.
2. Using HDMI 1 to Sony HD projector, HDMI 2 to Yamaha RX-2700, and basic red/white RCA cables to Yammy for analog stereo. Any suggestions on best upgrade for stereo analog connection?
3. I have extensive music collection on RAID CRU dual disc connected to MacPro. What is best way to do the network connect to be able to pull up selections from my collection? The 105D will recognize the locations/folder/files, but not play the music. I have a Sonos on another system in the house and really like the connection options….is it possible to attach Sonos box to the Oppo?
4. Home theater setup is with above referenced Yammy to 7.1 speaker system of various Paradigm speakers. The Yammy has many sound profiles you can select (e.g. concert small hall, concert big hall, entertainment game, movie spectacle, dolby digital, DTS, etc.) It runs HDMI 1.2a. Currently set up to send bitstream from the Oppo. Does this sound right, and them tweak the sound profile to preference on the Yammy?
5. Noticed Oppo allows you to config to the speaker system for analog output. Given the above setup (which also allows to config the speaker setup through Yammy), is there any need to mess with the Oppo?
6. What are the best websites for downloading top quality audio, and is it best to play those files over the network, or burn a CD?
Thanks in advance!