Originally Posted by BristolBillyBob
I've just joined the site as you guys seem fairly knowledgeable and might be able to help me out! I couldn't for the life of me figure out where on the site to put this thread, so if an admin wants to move it, go right ahead.
I bought the PS4 Pro a few months back, and have it hooked up to a Panasonic TX-50CX802B. Previously, I had a normal PS4, and that played Blu Ray discs lovely, had no problems. The PS4 Pro, though, seems to throw in skipped frames all over the place. Usually when a scene changes, but not exclusively, and usually every 15-30 seconds or so (that I notice). It also seems to have even more motion flicker*, but I'm very sensitive to that, so it might be my imagination.
As the PS4 didn't do this, I suspect the PS4 Pro is the culprit. I've tried changing all the settings on the TV, inc. switching all the image processing off entirely, but nothing helps, and the PS4 Pro seems to have very little in the way of tinkering to do.
The only possible explanations I can think of are:
1. The PS4 Pro is a bit of a lame blu ray player - I don't think this is the case, as the previous PS4 was fine
2. The HDMI cable can't cope - I used the one that came with my last PS4, not with the Pro, as I thought they'd be the same
3. The TV can't cope in some way with the input coming from the PS4 Pro - maybe there's some setting in the TV that can't keep up with a 4K input?
4. Something is faulty
5. Something else I haven't thought of!
Do I need a new TV, HDMI cable, PS4 Pro, or is there some setting I've missed that might help?
Any help hugely appreciated, it's driving me potty!
* Not judder, just a flickering in high contrast edges during motion, always noticed it on this TV. I usually have it on 'min' 24 frame smoothing; medium and above looks too soapy for me.
Way late, but may be of some help to someone...use the cable that came with the Pro, be sure the HDMI port on the TV you're using is set to enhanced, or whatever name Panasonic gives it.