Super Moderator

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1151 Post(s)
Liked: 1916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Whitehead View Post
This touches briefly on video.

I have a Marantz SR7010 rec'r. I am getting the Sony 800 player which has HDMI Audio and Video out, and a Sony 900 Display. Is all I have to do is connect the 800 HDMI audio out (PCM) to an HDMI input on the Marantz; and the 800 HDMI video out to an HDMI input on the 900 display?. Apologies if this has been asked and answered.
You don't need to use both HDMI outs in your setup. Your receiver supports HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2. You also should set the player to bitstream, especially if you have an Atmos setup.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.

Panasonic DP-UB820 -> Yamaha CX-A5100 -> Sony XBR-75X940C; Mediabridge 6' and 15' HDMI cables.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1772 of 1799 Old 08-19-2017, 07:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post
You don't need to use both HDMI outs in your setup. Your receiver supports HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2. You also should set the player to bitstream, especially if you have an Atmos setup.

S~
If I don't use the Audio HDMI from the 800 out into the rec'r for audio, what connection on the 800 do I make for audio? Is here a problem going Audio out HDMI on the 800 into the rec'r input? Obviously Im wrong, but it struck me that 800 audio out into the recr, and the 800 video out into the display would be easiest. Sorry
post #1773 of 1799 Old 08-19-2017, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Whitehead View Post
If I don't use the Audio HDMI from the 800 out into the rec'r for audio, what connection on the 800 do I make for audio? Is here a problem going Audio out HDMI on the 800 into the rec'r input? Obviously Im wrong, but it struck me that 800 audio out into the recr, and the 800 video out into the display would be easiest. Sorry
The easiest way is to run a single HDMI from HDMI to your receiver and then out to your display. Running 2 HDMI could lead to lip sync issues. When you say Sony 900, I am assuming you are referring to the 900a? I run pretty much the same setup in my bedroom except with the Panasonic and Denon receiver. Works like a charm.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.

Panasonic DP-UB820 -> Yamaha CX-A5100 -> Sony XBR-75X940C; Mediabridge 6' and 15' HDMI cables.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1774 of 1799 Old 10-06-2017, 06:27 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 6
This may be a simple answer and I'm issing it because I have those days when I'm an idiot, but here goes....

The basic setup: TCL 49" 4K Roku TV, Sony X800 UHD player (currently plugged into the TV, combined audio/video setting), Sony STRDG-820 (also plugged into the TV) from which, currently, there depends a Roku 4, an Amazon Fire Stick, a WD TV Live, and an LG multi-region blu-ray player. A couple of those may be shoved into a switch, because...

...I'd like the audio-only HDMI output on the x800 to go through the receiver. I currently have the X800 sending audio via optical, which is far from ideal for a variety of things I'd like to play (such as DVD-Audio and SACD.)

However, I've done the jiggery-pokery to send audio separately, and plugged the second audio output into the receiver...and there is nothing. Zip, zilch, buggerall. Nothing seems to work. I'm pretty sure I'm using the latest cable standard. There's just no handshake at all, it seems.

I'm quite prepared to be told I missed something realllly simple here. RTFM is no help, as TFM is lengthy but unhelpful.

Any suggestions, pointers, or arcane acts of audio magic would be appreciated. I *do* plan to replace this receiver, but not for some time yet if it can be helped.
post #1775 of 1799 Old 10-06-2017, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldemusick View Post
I currently have the X800 sending audio via optical
I should have posted after I slept. Audio from the X800 is currently coaxial, not optiocal. The optical connection is from the TV as the STRDG-820 doesn't do ARC.
post #1776 of 1799 Old 10-08-2017, 05:40 AM

Problem solved in the X800 topic.
post #1777 of 1799 Old 10-13-2017, 09:20 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Audio problem

I just replaced older DVD player with new Blu-ray. Movie plays & sounds great for about 20-30 minutes then sound degrades to difficult to understand conversations. The poor sound comes out of the Yamaha sound bar and my Sennheiser headset. Turn those off & sound ok on the TV speakers. After lots of troubleshooting, trip to Best Buy Geek squad & changing HDMI Lines & switching HDMI ports, same problem. DVD plays great for about 25 minutes then sound goes bad. Purely by accident , I turned off the DVD player for a minute or so & when I turned it back on, sound back to normal. Repeated this 3 more times with same result. Sound reverts back to normal after player switched off & then on. Any ideas on this? BTW, same disc played just fine on the older DVD player and an entirely different movie had the same problems on the new player. My equipment listed below:

TV-SHARP AQUOS LC-37D44U (HDTV, DOLBY DIGITAL, HDMI) 2008 MODEL
DIGITAL SOUND PROJECTOR -YAMAHA YSP-3000 2008 MODEL
DVD PLAYER-LIFE’S GOOD MODEL BP350 STREAMING BLU-RAY DISC/ 2017
HEADSET-SENNHEISER HDR-120
CD PLAYER-TEAC PD-D860 (MULTI DISC PLAYER)

Last edited by AlaskaTim; 10-13-2017 at 09:24 PM. Reason: forgot to list equipment
post #1778 of 1799 Old 10-17-2017, 09:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 2074 Post(s)
Liked: 1864
I have a question specifically around the UHD Blu-ray spec.

Is Dolby a requirement on UHD 4k Blu-ray Discs the way it was on DVD or is it like 1080p Blu-ray where the majority of discs are DTS only?

The reason I ask is DTS is terrible and I hate it. For those of us that live in apartments Dolby is vastly superior in that Dolby can easily scale from high dynamic range to a more compressed range at the press of a button. To compress DTS you need a third party solution like Audyssey dynamic EQ + dynamic volume and based on my experience those solutions are fairly terrible. I am not interested in the increased resolution of UHD disc nor do I care about HDR as none of my displays are capable. I SIMPLY want a format that relies on Dolby for audio playback. I can’t stand playing the volume button game with DTS where I’m constantly turning up the volume to barely hear dialogue and then scrambling to turn it down when the action starts. I’m also sick of wrestling with Audyssey dynamic EQ and dynamic volume which just ruins the sound of anything passed through it’s various filters. I’d even be happy with PLII.

What to do if you find yourself stuck with no hope of rescue:
Consider yourself lucky that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so far, which given your present circumstances seems to be more likely, consider yourself lucky that it won't be troubling you much longer...

-- Excerpt from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
post #1779 of 1799 Old 10-17-2017, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator

This should be asked in the software section.

post #1780 of 1799 Old 10-18-2017, 08:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 2074 Post(s)
Liked: 1864
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post
This should be asked in the software section.

Thanks, I saw this thread and thought maybe someone here had some experience or maybe had a clever workaround I hadn’t thought of yet.

What to do if you find yourself stuck with no hope of rescue:
Consider yourself lucky that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so far, which given your present circumstances seems to be more likely, consider yourself lucky that it won't be troubling you much longer...

-- Excerpt from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
post #1781 of 1799 Old 10-24-2017, 11:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 92
I may have asked this before if so apologies. Getting an oppo uhd203 arriving soon. Also getting a Marantz sr7012 arriving next month. Every universal I ever had I connected the 7.1 analog for dvda/sacd which I have a lot of. I read somewhere else that I should just use the hdmi into receiver and be done with it. I know the oppo can be connected via the analogs but for ease of connections sake would I be missing a lot if I just use the hdmi into receiver(simplest) as opposed to hdmi into receiver and 7.1 analog.Asking for thoughts etc.
post #1782 of 1799 Old 10-24-2017, 12:42 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 4753 Post(s)
Liked: 2799
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky1 View Post
I may have asked this before if so apologies. Getting an oppo uhd203 arriving soon. Also getting a Marantz sr7012 arriving next month. Every universal I ever had I connected the 7.1 analog for dvda/sacd which I have a lot of. I read somewhere else that I should just use the hdmi into receiver and be done with it. I know the oppo can be connected via the analogs but for ease of connections sake would I be missing a lot if I just use the hdmi into receiver(simplest) as opposed to hdmi into receiver and 7.1 analog.Asking for thoughts etc.
Some people prefer the results when using the roomEQ software provided in the receiver.

Some people prefer the results when using the DACs of the player instead of the DACs in the receiver. The receiver's 7.1 analog inputs don't have ADCs, so the analog signals are (have to be) passed straight through to the output amps. However, neither bass management nor roomEQ nor 3D audio decoding can be applied to the receiver's 7.1 multichanel analog inputs. Oppos can provide bass management, but they can't do roomEQ and they can't decode Atmos or DTS:X.

Fortunately, though, you can connect both ways simultaneously and listen to both, deciding which you prefer.

Selden

Marantz SR7009 avr + MM9000 amp --> Atmos 7.1.4
Fronts=NHT 2.9+AC2, FH+TM=DefTech PM1000, LCR+TM amped
post #1783 of 1799 Old 03-26-2018, 09:01 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Legacy Naim Audiophile System: will it work with an Oppo blu ray player

I've got an older Naim system that's comprised of a NAC 52 preamp and 2 mono block 135 amps and I'm wondering
if it's a good idea to connect an Oppo 203/205 as the front end for music and A/V using the stereo outputs into the NAC 52 via RCA to DIN 5 cables.
If so, how would I setup the Oppo to give the best result? I'd be using this for A/V as well as music. I'm also wondering if the OPPO can simultaneously run the stereo outputs and a soundbar connected by HDMI.

Oppo's wrote me back with this answer concerning my preamp question:
"The player can be connected to a power amplifier directly but we generally do not recommend that you do this because the signal to noise floor and THD may be too high for your equipment." They didn't mention hooking up the OPPO to the preamp. As far as THD I kinda get that but what are they referring to with "signal to noise floor". Are they implying that the OPPO can't be connected to the preamp but if I bypass the preamp I can connect directly to the power amps with the proviso that THD and signal to noise floor stand a good chance of being an issue?

Anyone tried what I'm suggesting with good results?

Edit: Just got clarification from OPPO that "The player through a pre-amplifier will not be an issue. So we would recommend using a pre-amplifier."

Thanks!

Last edited by BN08; 03-26-2018 at 10:33 AM.
post #1784 of 1799 Old 08-29-2018, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 10
lossless

I am using my br player to decode dts hd and dolby tru hd to pcm but plan on using an external dac for conversion to analog connected via coax - 2 channel only. Will the dac receive the lossless decoded to pcm of the lossy core? I know hdmi is required to transmit multi channel lossless - either bit stream or pcm. thanks
post #1785 of 1799 Old 08-29-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerall View Post
I am using my br player to decode dts hd and dolby tru hd to pcm but plan on using an external dac for conversion to analog connected via coax - 2 channel only. Will the dac receive the lossless decoded to pcm of the lossy core? I know hdmi is required to transmit multi channel lossless - either bit stream or pcm. thanks
What part of the soundtrack encoding gets decoded by the DAC depends on the DAC's hardware and software design and the details of how you configure it.

Also, you'd need to know the details of the design of the DAC and associated analog circuits used in your receiver in order to find out if a standalone DAC could do any better.

Bear in mind that if you use any room EQ in your receiver (like Audyssey, MCACC or YPAO), then the receiver has to re-digitize the incoming analog audio, obviating any improvement that might have been provided by an external DAC. Also, most modern AVRs always digitize their stereo inputs regardless. Only their multichannel analog inputs avoid that.

Selden

post #1786 of 1799 Old 08-29-2018, 01:05 PM

I am not using an avr or receiver. all decoding will be done by the player - - and all the dac is doing is converting the decoded pcm signal to analog - the dac is running straight to my amplifier.
post #1787 of 1799 Old 08-29-2018, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerall View Post
I am not using an avr or receiver. all decoding will be done by the player - - and all the dac is doing is converting the decoded pcm signal to analog - the dac is running straight to my amplifier.
Unless you have a high-end disc player (e.g. Oppo BDP-205), then the external DAC is likely to be better than whatever is provided in the disc player. Whether or not you actually could hear that difference depends on the quality of your hearing, speakers and room acoustics. You'll have to try it to find out.

Selden

post #1788 of 1799 Old 08-29-2018, 01:33 PM

agreed and my dac is even better than the 205s. Q is if I run cox to the dac whether it will transmit the decoded 2 channel lossless track or downconvert to the lossy core. the br player manual while not crystal clear appears to indicate if 2 channel yes but if 5.1 or 7.1 no - you need to use hdmi.
post #1789 of 1799 Old 09-02-2018, 05:30 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hello everyone, pls if someone could help me,
Ive this setup:
UHD BD Panasonic ub420, HDMI 2.0 output (audio+video, not using 2nd HDMI only for audio) to new soundbar Samsung HW-N950 (can decode everything including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X) - using HQ HDMI 18 gbps cabels, there is no problem, tested. In HDMI/sound menu in ub420 set everything to BITSTREAM (dolby, dts and mpeg audio)

- when played original UHD BD movie, there is no problem, every format is send and decoded in N950 (included DA and DTS:X)
- when played from usb 3.0 HDD there is mess - DA and DTS:X demo file not working, half of movie played with no sound, some played with narrow canal stream (check in info window), with some soundtrack ub420 report it couldnt decode, cannot played! - I thing it doesnt decode anything, only send uncompressed bitstream through HDMI?!!! (somewhere I read that soundtrack playback from HDD is problem, why?)

-when played in Kodi with passthrough set on, every movie / soundtrack on HDD played / send well to N950...

Im crazy about it, Ive ub420 with great picture (connect to JVC RS540) 4K/60 4:4:4 even with 24/25p automatic switch but without proper sound from HDD movie and NVIDIA shield with Kodi with perfect working sound passtrough but with low picture quality and problematic 24/25p switch...

I will be happy for any ideas
regards
Ondrej
post #1790 of 1799 Old 09-02-2018, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creo75 View Post
Hello everyone, pls if someone could help me,
Ive this setup:
UHD BD Panasonic ub420, HDMI 2.0 output (audio+video, not using 2nd HDMI only for audio) to new soundbar Samsung HW-N950 (can decode everything including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X) - using HQ HDMI 18 gbps cabels, there is no problem, tested. In HDMI/sound menu in ub420 set everything to BITSTREAM (dolby, dts and mpeg audio)

- when played original UHD BD movie, there is no problem, every format is send and decoded in N950 (included DA and DTS:X)
- when played from usb 3.0 HDD there is mess - DA and DTS:X demo file not working, half of movie played with no sound, some played with narrow canal stream (check in info window), with some soundtrack ub420 report it couldnt decode, cannot played! - I thing it doesnt decode anything, only send uncompressed bitstream through HDMI?!!! (somewhere I read that soundtrack playback from HDD is problem, why?)

-when played in Kodi with passthrough set on, every movie / soundtrack on HDD played / send well to N950...

Im crazy about it, Ive ub420 with great picture (connect to JVC RS540) 4K/60 4:4:4 even with 24/25p automatic switch but without proper sound from HDD movie and NVIDIA shield with Kodi with perfect working sound passtrough but with low picture quality and problematic 24/25p switch...

I will be happy for any ideas
regards
Ondrej

This thread is for asking for help in choosing an appropriate 1080p HD Blu-ray player.
Choosing 4k UHD Blu-ray players is discussed in the thread http://afterconvert.com/forum/149-b...er-thread.html

I don't see an AVS thread for the DP-UB420 (it does not seem to be available in the U.S.) so you might consider asking on the AVForum or creating a new thread in the AVS Blu-ray player subforum at http://afterconvert.com/forum/149-blu-ray-players/ to ask for help with yours.

That said, the first thing to do is to make sure the DP-UB420's firmware is up to date.

Also, you must use the USB port on the back of the player. The front USB port works only for USB 2.0 devices.

Your symptoms are consistent with a defect in the firmware of your DP-UB420, in its USB 3.0 interface or in your USB disk. You should consider contacting Panasonic about it. It's a brand new player and is likely to have bugs.

Selden

post #1791 of 1799 Old 10-08-2018, 09:39 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Changed my Blu-Ray player

It's been a long time since I've posted but I have a question.
I initially set up my movie room with a Sony BDP-S360 Blu-Ray player running into an Onkyo TX-SR608 AVR with a 7.1 surround system, using an Optoma PJ. I recently replaced my Blu-Ray player with a Sony BDP-S3700 due to the S360 taking for-ev-er to load a movie and replaced my PJ with a BenQ. I did not change anything else in the set up and I have the S3700 set to PCM out for the audio although I believe the AVR decodes the audio input as well.

My problem is that I've really noticed a difference in the audio when watching a movie. The bass isn't as deep and full with the S3700 and the audio overall sounds a bit depressed (lower).
Would there be that much of a difference in audio between the Blu-Ray players? Would I need to go into the AVR settings and make adjustments for the S3700?
I'm not a real big audio guy but I don't want to miss a better listening experience if it's available.
Thanks for the help.
post #1792 of 1799 Old 10-08-2018, 09:51 AM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 5621 Post(s)
Liked: 7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droff View Post
I initially set up my movie room with a Sony BDP-S360 Blu-Ray player running into an Onkyo TX-SR608 AVR with a 7.1 surround system, using an Optoma PJ. I recently replaced my Blu-Ray player with a Sony BDP-S3700 due to the S360 taking for-ev-er to load a movie and replaced my PJ with a BenQ. I did not change anything else in the set up and I have the S3700 set to PCM out for the audio although I believe the AVR decodes the audio input as well.

My problem is that I've really noticed a difference in the audio when watching a movie. The bass isn't as deep and full with the S3700 and the audio overall sounds a bit depressed (lower).
Would there be that much of a difference in audio between the Blu-Ray players? Would I need to go into the AVR settings and make adjustments for the S3700?
I'm not a real big audio guy but I don't want to miss a better listening experience if it's available.
Thanks for the help.
You'll probably get more practical help if you ask in the owner's thread here for your new player model. However the first things to check would be to make sure the player doesn't have Blu-ray "audio mixing" or "secondary audio" enabled, and that you don't have "dynamic range compression" enabled. The actual names for such settings in your player will be specific to the player model.

It would also be useful to check your speaker levels while playing an audio calibration disc to make sure, for example, that your Subwoofer level is still set correctly compared to the main speakers.
--Bob

Need personal consultation/training? Or just curious about my Blog? Check out my web site!
post #1793 of 1799 Old 10-08-2018, 09:56 AM

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 2829 Post(s)
Liked: 1252
Quote:
I initially set up my movie room with a Sony BDP-S360 Blu-Ray player running into an Onkyo TX-SR608 AVR with a 7.1 surround system, using an Optoma PJ. I recently replaced my Blu-Ray player with a Sony BDP-S3700 ...
You should set the player's Digital Audio Output to Auto rather than PCM and turn BD Audio Mix Off. Would be a good idea to also change Downmix to Surround. The default settings aren't optimal for a modern AVR like yours.
post #1794 of 1799 Old 10-08-2018, 10:27 AM

Quote:
I initially set up my movie room with a Sony BDP-S360 Blu-Ray player running into an Onkyo TX-SR608 AVR with a 7.1 surround system, using an Optoma PJ. I recently replaced my Blu-Ray player with a Sony BDP-S3700 due to the S360 taking for-ev-er to load a movie and replaced my PJ with a BenQ. I did not change anything else in the set up and I have the S3700 set to PCM out for the audio
This last probably is the problem. Verify what audio format is being sent to the receiver by pressing on the "Info" button on the receiver's remote. It'll show the type of audio (in text) and the number of audio channels (in the graphic at lower left on the screen) that the Blu-ray player is sending. I suspect that it's sending stereo (2.0) PCM.

To fix this, you need to configure the Sony Blu-ray player so it "bitstreams" multichannel audio:
set "Digital Audio Output" to Auto (the default; it must not be set to PCM)
set "BD Audio Mix Setting" to Off (NOT the default; it must not be set to On. When it's On, soundtracks are decoded to stereo PCM)
Quote:
although I believe the AVR decodes the audio input as well.
The AVR will automatically decode whatever encoding format it's sent.
Quote:
Would there be that much of a difference in audio between the Blu-Ray players?
Yes.

The quality of the sound primarily is determined by settings in the player.

Older Sony Blu-ray players could decode Dolby and DTS into multichannel (up to 7.1) PCM.
Modern Sony Blu-ray players can decode only into stereo (2.0) PCM. They're penny-pinching on the licensing costs of the decoders from Dolby and DTS.

As a result, the player downconverts multichannel audio into stereo, using some form of matrixing to try to provide surround-sound. Then the receiver has to use an up-mixer (Dolby Surround or DTS Neural:X) to expand the stereo so it makes use of all of your speakers. As a result, the LFE channel is lost and other damage is done to the audio, too.
Quote:
Would I need to go into the AVR settings and make adjustments for the S3700?
Not in the AVR. Rather, you need to change settings in the Blu-ray player. See above.
Quote:
Thanks for the help.
A better experience is indeed available, assuming your AVR is being sent stereo PCM.

Selden

post #1795 of 1799 Old 10-08-2018, 01:03 PM

Hey guys, thanks for the quick replies... I made some adjustments and have the player set to the recommendations above;
Digital Audio Out -> Auto
DSD Audio Mode -> Auto (Not sure what this accomplishes)
BD Audio MIX Setting -> Off
Dolby D Compatible Mode -> Off
Audio DRC -> Off
Downmix -> Surround

I still feel like I'm missing some bass, I have not checked any speaker levels yet, don't have a cal disk.
The AVR shows Dolby D, 5.1 Ch
post #1796 of 1799 Old 10-08-2018, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Hey guys, thanks for the quick replies... I made some adjustments and have the player set to the recommendations above;
Digital Audio Out -> Auto
DSD Audio Mode -> Auto (Not sure what this accomplishes)
It's for when you play SACD audio discs. It'll automatically convert their DSD soundtracks to PCM if your receiver can't decode DSD on its own.
Quote:
BD Audio MIX Setting -> Off
Dolby D Compatible Mode -> Off
Audio DRC -> Off
Downmix -> Surround

I still feel like I'm missing some bass, I have not checked any speaker levels yet, don't have a cal disk.
Some calibration soundtracks are available for downloading. You could put them on a USB thumb drive (formatted FAT16) and play them through the Blu-ray player.
See, for example, http://www.genelec.com/audio-test-signals
There are many others available.

Quote:
Showing DD means that bitstreaming is working now.

Selden

post #1797 of 1799 Old 10-08-2018, 01:43 PM

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 2829 Post(s)
Liked: 1252
Quote:
Hey guys, thanks for the quick replies... I made some adjustments and have the player set to the recommendations above...
Maybe your old player had Audio DRC turned On, hence louder than your new player resulting in more bass. You could turn that back on and see if it changes anything.
post #1798 of 1799 Old 10-08-2018, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Maybe your old player had Audio DRC turned On, hence louder than your new player resulting in more bass. You could turn that back on and see if it changes anything.

That's one setting I had as 'On" when I first set up the player. Maybe it'll just take some fiddling around.

Thanks.
post #1799 of 1799 Old 10-15-2018, 11:46 AM

As an update,,,, I did some troubleshooting to go along with the BD player setup adjustments and it appears I have a bad cable going to my sub. It's in the wall so I have a temporary cable running through the room from the AVR to my sub until I can get it replaced.
Movies sound much better now, still need some adjustments but much better.
Thanks.
IIDexII likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Players , Samsung , Samsung Bd P1600 Blu Ray Player