Forum Jump: 
 18Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 Old 03-05-2018, 07:35 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
master811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question Polk HTS 10/12 Subs

Does anyone have any experience with the new Polk HTS 10 or 12 subs? What are they like? How do they compare with similar priced subs out there?

There seems to be a severe lack of reviews, I guess because they are so new, but have been around for almost 6 months now, so hopefully someone has something to say about them?
master811 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 32 Old 03-05-2018, 07:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
eljaycanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 9,382
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1688 Post(s)
Liked: 2390
Dunno if it has anything to do with the lack of reviews, but these subs seem overpriced:

HTS 10 ($350 at crutchfield.com)
- 10" driver
- 100W (RMS/continuous) amp
- 30-120Hz +/-3dB

HTS 12 ($450 at crutchfield.com)
- 12" driver
- 200W (RMS/continuous) amp
- 28-120Hz +/-3dB
MIX_MASTER_ICE likes this.
eljaycanuck is offline  
post #3 of 32 Old 03-05-2018, 02:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MIX_MASTER_ICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,450
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2340 Post(s)
Liked: 2170
Highly over-priced. Maybe down the road they will start running them on sale, but until then I would never consider one. They do look cool, however.

Subs>RBH I-12/e (x2), RBH I-12. HSU VTF-15H mk2. Monolith THX Ultra 12 (x2), THX Select 10. XTZ 1X12. SVS PB-1000. Speakers>Polk S 30/20/15. Infinity Primus P363 T, P163 bs. Jamo S807 T, S803 bs. Energy CF70 T, CB20 bs. CC10 c. Sony Core CS3 T, CS8 c, CS5 bs (x2). QA 2020i bs, 2000c. Other Audio>RBH HP-1B, EP1.Sony MDR-Z7m2.Skullcandy Crusher 360 LE.Logitech G-Pro.Plantronics RIG 500 Pro HS.Alienware Wireless HS. LG FH6, FJ5, RK8, PK5
MIX_MASTER_ICE is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 32 Old 03-05-2018, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
master811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
what would you consider a good price for them? what would be an equivalent at the same price range?
master811 is offline  
post #5 of 32 Old 03-05-2018, 02:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MIX_MASTER_ICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,450
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2340 Post(s)
Liked: 2170
They perform like budget subs, so I wouldn't pay over $200-$225 for the 12". The Bic PL-200 II is often $250.

Subs>RBH I-12/e (x2), RBH I-12. HSU VTF-15H mk2. Monolith THX Ultra 12 (x2), THX Select 10. XTZ 1X12. SVS PB-1000. Speakers>Polk S 30/20/15. Infinity Primus P363 T, P163 bs. Jamo S807 T, S803 bs. Energy CF70 T, CB20 bs. CC10 c. Sony Core CS3 T, CS8 c, CS5 bs (x2). QA 2020i bs, 2000c. Other Audio>RBH HP-1B, EP1.Sony MDR-Z7m2.Skullcandy Crusher 360 LE.Logitech G-Pro.Plantronics RIG 500 Pro HS.Alienware Wireless HS. LG FH6, FJ5, RK8, PK5
MIX_MASTER_ICE is offline  
post #6 of 32 Old 03-05-2018, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
master811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIX_MASTER_ICE View Post
They perform like budget subs, so I wouldn't pay over $200-$225 for the 12". The Bic PL-200 II is often $250.
are you just going by spec alone?
master811 is offline  
post #7 of 32 Old 03-05-2018, 02:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MIX_MASTER_ICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,450
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2340 Post(s)
Liked: 2170
Quote:
Originally Posted by master811 View Post
are you just going by spec alone?
Specs, the line of speakers it's from and other Polk subs. I've not yet heard an accurate Polk sub. To put it in context, the Polk PSW505 has a retail price of over $600, yet it isn't worth anything close to that and regularly available for under $200. PSW505 has a 300 w RMS amp and the F3 point is the same as the HTS 12. I would buy two of the PSW505 for $50 less than the HTS 12. At $450 you are just getting into the range of quality subs. SVS PB-1000, Monolith THX Select 10 are both $499.99.
eljaycanuck likes this.
MIX_MASTER_ICE is offline  
post #8 of 32 Old 03-06-2018, 06:19 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
master811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIX_MASTER_ICE View Post
Specs, the line of speakers it's from and other Polk subs. I've not yet heard an accurate Polk sub. To put it in context, the Polk PSW505 has a retail price of over $600, yet it isn't worth anything close to that and regularly available for under $200. PSW505 has a 300 w RMS amp and the F3 point is the same as the HTS 12. I would buy two of the PSW505 for $50 less than the HTS 12. At $450 you are just getting into the range of quality subs. SVS PB-1000, Monolith THX Select 10 are both $499.99.
What's wrong with the line of speakers it's from?

Problem is being in Canada, limits me somewhat, so I couldn't do that even if I wanted too. The HTS 10 is $500 CAD currently (but was $400 just recently). the SVS is $700. The monolith is $800.

Is the F3 point the main factor when choosing (along with power), or are other things important?
master811 is offline  
post #9 of 32 Old 03-06-2018, 08:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
eljaycanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 9,382
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1688 Post(s)
Liked: 2390
If you've got access to a car:
- Order a Dayton SUB-1200 from parts-express.com for $148 USD = ~$191 CAD.
- Shipping is included, so have it sent to the UPS Store in Ogdensburg.
- Drive down and pick it up.
- You'll have a sub that's at least as good as the HTS 10 for less money even after you factor in the currency exchange, gas for the drive and a nice lunch.
eljaycanuck is offline  
post #10 of 32 Old 05-28-2018, 05:20 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 186
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by master811 View Post
Does anyone have any experience with the new Polk HTS 10 or 12 subs? What are they like? How do they compare with similar priced subs out there?

There seems to be a severe lack of reviews, I guess because they are so new, but have been around for almost 6 months now, so hopefully someone has something to say about them?
What did you end up with?

It seems everytime someone asks about the HTS 12 they get a response to buy something else from someone who has never actually listened to one.

I just recently purchased an HTS 12. My man cave isn't going to be finished until the end of june so I haven't set it up yet at home. Sounded great in the store. I got it on sale for $548 CDN.

LG OLED65B7, LG UP970, Yamaha RXA770, Polk S55's, Polk S35, Polk S15's, KEF Ci160ER's, Dual SVS PB-1000's
Sask HT is offline  
post #11 of 32 Old 05-28-2018, 08:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DaBateman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 1,278
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 718 Post(s)
Liked: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sask HT View Post
What did you end up with?

It seems everytime someone asks about the HTS 12 they get a response to buy something else from someone who has never actually listened to one.

I just recently purchased an HTS 12. My man cave isn't going to be finished until the end of june so I haven't set it up yet at home. Sounded great in the store. I got it on sale for $548 CDN.
No need to hear it. The specs don’t lie. For almost $500 there’s TONS of better competitors

| Eqmt | Vizio 4K M50-E1 | Yamaha RX-V681 | iNUKE 3kdsp x2 | Emotiva BasX A-100 | miniDSP UMIK-1 | Monolith M1060 | Monolith USB DAC |
| Sub | Trilithon | Stonehenge Variant Subwoofer - 18” - 9ft³ - 19Hz | Marty | Microcube 390HO - 22Hz | Monolith THX Ultra 12 | Monolith THX Select 10 |
| Spkrs | HSU CCB8 x3 | SVS Prime Elevation x2 | Polk S15 |
DaBateman is offline  
post #12 of 32 Old 05-29-2018, 09:52 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 186
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBateman View Post
No need to hear it. The specs don’t lie. For almost $500 there’s TONS of better competitors
Actually that's not accurate.

I live in western Canada. I shop locally. I'm not talking about subs that are $500 US purchased in the US. I just had a quick look online again, there is nothing better than this HTS 12 for $500 Canadian here.

Closest thing I can see that I'd be interested in is a KEF CUBE12B for $998. That's almost double what I paid for the HTS 12.

The SVS stuff that everyone here is always pushing isn't carried by anyone locally and a quick search online shows the cheapest SVS sub sale priced at $749 CDN. I'd rather shop local.

Anyway it's just weird that the PSW505 is reviewed all over the Internet, but the new HTS 12 which looks better hasn't be tested or reviewed by anyone.
Canuck31 and Nacthenud like this.

LG OLED65B7, LG UP970, Yamaha RXA770, Polk S55's, Polk S35, Polk S15's, KEF Ci160ER's, Dual SVS PB-1000's
Sask HT is offline  
post #13 of 32 Old 10-22-2018, 09:33 AM
Advanced Member
 
Canuck31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 517
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Sorry to bump this thread but I'm curious about this sub as well. More specifically the HTS10. It's $499 Canadian at Best Buy. Other brands like SVS or HSU are not sold locally so I'd have to order them. An SVS PB/SB 1000 goes for $675 +tax Canadian. The Polk I could pick up today if I wanted to. I'm just running a 2.1 setup.

LG 49" UHDTV 49UJ6300; Yamaha RX-V481; Sony UBP-X800 BD Player; Fluance SXHTB speaker set, SVS SB-1000
Canuck31 is offline  
post #14 of 32 Old 10-22-2018, 10:31 AM
Advanced Member
 
AmerCa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Mexico
Posts: 838
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Liked: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck31
The Polk I could pick up today if I wanted to. I'm just running a 2.1 setup.
For music, movies, both? I own the 12" version, and I've been really impressed with it, but I use it essentially for movies. I've played some music with it (mostly electronic music with deep bass and some pop music), and it sounds pretty good, but I've not done intensive/extensive listening. AVS did a review for the "12, and gave it a "Top Pick" recommendation.

I can assume the HTS10 is of the same quality, it's just a bit smaller. The vast majority of online reviews gave this new line of Polk high marks. So, quality isn't an issue with these. It all will come down to budget, availability and price in relation with similarly priced subs.
jeremie likes this.

Vizio 43" D Series 2017 || Onkyo TX383 7.2ch || Fronts: Sony SS-CS5 || Center: Pioneer SP-C22 || Sub: Polk HTS 12 || Surrounds: Micca MB42
AmerCa is offline  
post #15 of 32 Old 10-22-2018, 10:41 AM
Senior Member
 
Zarkoff500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Seattle
Posts: 281
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 73
I have a Bic PL-200 for sale if anyone is interested. I live in Seattle and would be willing do drive a bit North for anyone coming down to the states
Zarkoff500 is offline  
post #16 of 32 Old 10-22-2018, 12:42 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 186
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck31 View Post
Sorry to bump this thread but I'm curious about this sub as well. More specifically the HTS10. It's $499 Canadian at Best Buy. Other brands like SVS or HSU are not sold locally so I'd have to order them. An SVS PB/SB 1000 goes for $675 +tax Canadian. The Polk I could pick up today if I wanted to. I'm just running a 2.1 setup.
Have a look at this thread.

http://afterconvert.com/forum/113-s...er-review.html

LG OLED65B7, LG UP970, Yamaha RXA770, Polk S55's, Polk S35, Polk S15's, KEF Ci160ER's, Dual SVS PB-1000's
Sask HT is offline  
post #17 of 32 Old 10-22-2018, 06:54 PM
Advanced Member
 
Canuck31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 517
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmerCa View Post
For music, movies, both? I own the 12" version, and I've been really impressed with it, but I use it essentially for movies. I've played some music with it (mostly electronic music with deep bass and some pop music), and it sounds pretty good, but I've not done intensive/extensive listening. AVS did a review for the "12, and gave it a "Top Pick" recommendation.

I can assume the HTS10 is of the same quality, it's just a bit smaller. The vast majority of online reviews gave this new line of Polk high marks. So, quality isn't an issue with these. It all will come down to budget, availability and price in relation with similarly priced subs.
I'd say more for music than movies. But I'm curious if the SVS isolation feet would work on the Polk subs. Main reasons being that I'm in an apartment but also restriction of space means that the base of my bookshelf speaker stand would need to be underneath the sub. That how I had it with the PB-1000 I had before.

LG 49" UHDTV 49UJ6300; Yamaha RX-V481; Sony UBP-X800 BD Player; Fluance SXHTB speaker set, SVS SB-1000
Canuck31 is offline  
post #18 of 32 Old 10-22-2018, 06:57 PM
Advanced Member
 
Canuck31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 517
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sask HT View Post
Okay cool. Thanks for the link.

LG 49" UHDTV 49UJ6300; Yamaha RX-V481; Sony UBP-X800 BD Player; Fluance SXHTB speaker set, SVS SB-1000
Canuck31 is offline  
post #19 of 32 Old 12-24-2018, 09:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Viper359's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 218
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 55
I just bought this online at BestBuy Canada for $399.99 (walnut) or $449 for the Ash Black. A few other retailers are offering this at the $449 price point as well, for boxing day. Plus toss in free shipping.

I too have long looked at the SVS stuff, only brand in Canada really from ID companies, without several hundred in shipping, and its almost always $675-$700. Even B stock is $599 at one online store.

SVS has tricked out their website to hide B stock prices from Canadians now.

There is NO way the SVS PB-1000 will be $300 better than the Polk HTS-12 I just picked up. I am even considering a second one.

I can't wait to demo this, as it will be replacing a Dayton Audio Sub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sask HT View Post
AmerCa and Sask HT like this.
Viper359 is offline  
post #20 of 32 Old 12-25-2018, 05:54 PM
Advanced Member
 
nodoubt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 523
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper359 View Post
I just bought this online at BestBuy Canada for $399.99 (walnut) or $449 for the Ash Black. A few other retailers are offering this at the $449 price point as well, for boxing day. Plus toss in free shipping.

I too have long looked at the SVS stuff, only brand in Canada really from ID companies, without several hundred in shipping, and its almost always $675-$700. Even B stock is $599 at one online store.

SVS has tricked out their website to hide B stock prices from Canadians now.

There is NO way the SVS PB-1000 will be $300 better than the Polk HTS-12 I just picked up. I am even considering a second one.

I can't wait to demo this, as it will be replacing a Dayton Audio Sub.



wow...
pretty weak amp in this day and time on that polk, just googled it
only 200 watts rms ?


  • Subwoofer Array Driver Complement
    • (1) 12" (30.48 cm) d (Round) Polypropylene Dynamic Balance and Klippel optimized driver - Subwoofer
  • Peak Power400 Watts
  • Continuous Power 200 Watts
nodoubt is offline  
post #21 of 32 Old 12-25-2018, 06:01 PM
Senior Member
 
Viper359's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 218
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 55
It's been discussed elsewhere by those in the know, it's not about the actual power, but efficiency, among other things way over my head.

AVS did a review, and was plenty impressed.
Sask HT, drh3b and AmerCa like this.

Beamer: JVC RS420 || Screen: 120" SilverTicket 16:9 Frame || Fronts: Paradigm Monitor 7 || Center: Paradigm Monitor CC390 || Sub: Polk HTS 12 || Surrounds: Paradigm Monitor Bookshelf || Atmos Rear: Polk || AVR: Denon AVR S710 || Streamer: Nvidia Shield ||Control: Harmony Hub Ultimate
Viper359 is offline  
post #22 of 32 Old 12-28-2018, 11:56 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 186
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper359 View Post
I just bought this online at BestBuy Canada for $399.99 (walnut) or $449 for the Ash Black. A few other retailers are offering this at the $449 price point as well, for boxing day. Plus toss in free shipping.

I too have long looked at the SVS stuff, only brand in Canada really from ID companies, without several hundred in shipping, and its almost always $675-$700. Even B stock is $599 at one online store.

SVS has tricked out their website to hide B stock prices from Canadians now.

There is NO way the SVS PB-1000 will be $300 better than the Polk HTS-12 I just picked up. I am even considering a second one.

I can't wait to demo this, as it will be replacing a Dayton Audio Sub.
That's a great deal for $399 CDN.

I'm quite happy with my pair of PB-1000's, but the HTS 12 is great performance for the dollar at that price!
AmerCa likes this.

LG OLED65B7, LG UP970, Yamaha RXA770, Polk S55's, Polk S35, Polk S15's, KEF Ci160ER's, Dual SVS PB-1000's
Sask HT is offline  
post #23 of 32 Old 12-28-2018, 11:59 AM
Senior Member
 
Viper359's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 218
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Thats excellent to hear, as I know you had auditioned these before!

It was supposed to be delivered yesterday, but for whatever reason, Purolator decided to take it back to the depot and try again today. I guess that shipping weight of 61lbs might be too much for the delivery man, after Christmas dinner.
Sask HT likes this.

Beamer: JVC RS420 || Screen: 120" SilverTicket 16:9 Frame || Fronts: Paradigm Monitor 7 || Center: Paradigm Monitor CC390 || Sub: Polk HTS 12 || Surrounds: Paradigm Monitor Bookshelf || Atmos Rear: Polk || AVR: Denon AVR S710 || Streamer: Nvidia Shield ||Control: Harmony Hub Ultimate
Viper359 is offline  
post #24 of 32 Old 12-28-2018, 02:39 PM
Advanced Member
 
AmerCa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Mexico
Posts: 838
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Liked: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper359 View Post
Thats excellent to hear, as I know you had auditioned these before!

It was supposed to be delivered yesterday, but for whatever reason, Purolator decided to take it back to the depot and try again today. I guess that shipping weight of 61lbs might be too much for the delivery man, after Christmas dinner.
Looking forward to your impressions!
Sask HT likes this.

Vizio 43" D Series 2017 || Onkyo TX383 7.2ch || Fronts: Sony SS-CS5 || Center: Pioneer SP-C22 || Sub: Polk HTS 12 || Surrounds: Micca MB42
AmerCa is offline  
post #25 of 32 Old 12-28-2018, 07:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Viper359's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 218
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Got it late this evening by Purolator. I put it in the same spot as my Dayton Audio SUB-1500, and plugged it in.

I changed NOTHING in the AVR et.

Tossed Pacific Rim, watching the opening 5 minutes alone, HUGE difference. Wow.

Tested a spot I like in a Transformers movie, I felt it in my gut.

To say I am impressed, is an understatement.

Now the real question is, should I run the Dayton along with the other one. Not sure if that is advisable or not............
Sask HT and AmerCa like this.

Beamer: JVC RS420 || Screen: 120" SilverTicket 16:9 Frame || Fronts: Paradigm Monitor 7 || Center: Paradigm Monitor CC390 || Sub: Polk HTS 12 || Surrounds: Paradigm Monitor Bookshelf || Atmos Rear: Polk || AVR: Denon AVR S710 || Streamer: Nvidia Shield ||Control: Harmony Hub Ultimate

Last edited by Viper359; 12-28-2018 at 07:20 PM.
Viper359 is offline  
post #26 of 32 Old 12-29-2018, 08:51 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 186
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper359 View Post
Got it late this evening by Purolator. I put it in the same spot as my Dayton Audio SUB-1500, and plugged it in.

I changed NOTHING in the AVR et.

Tossed Pacific Rim, watching the opening 5 minutes alone, HUGE difference. Wow.

Tested a spot I like in a Transformers movie, I felt it in my gut.

To say I am impressed, is an understatement.

Now the real question is, should I run the Dayton along with the other one. Not sure if that is advisable or not............
I don't think you would gain much from the Dayton. I would focus on getting the most out of the HTS 12 first.

Just like you I was impressed the second I plugged my subs in. However after a month of tinkering with things and learning more about my equipment they sound even better. Once you've perfected the sound on the HTS 12 then you will know for sure if the Dayton is adding anything to the experience when you ad it.
AmerCa likes this.

LG OLED65B7, LG UP970, Yamaha RXA770, Polk S55's, Polk S35, Polk S15's, KEF Ci160ER's, Dual SVS PB-1000's
Sask HT is offline  
post #27 of 32 Old 12-30-2018, 03:11 AM
Advanced Member
 
AmerCa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Mexico
Posts: 838
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Liked: 927
^^^^^^
That's solid advice. Get your HTS12 to the point you're getting the most out of it, then see if the Dayton can add something to the experience. It'd be tricky to dial in dual HTS12, it'd be even trickier to balance two subs with different capabilities.


The Transformers movies are great demo material, although, ironically, with the exception of the The Last Knight, I have yet to rewatch the first four again. I'll get to that very soon.


Glad to know your first impressions are very positive. I'm sure you'll like it even more down the road.
Sask HT likes this.

Vizio 43" D Series 2017 || Onkyo TX383 7.2ch || Fronts: Sony SS-CS5 || Center: Pioneer SP-C22 || Sub: Polk HTS 12 || Surrounds: Micca MB42
AmerCa is offline  
post #28 of 32 Old 12-30-2018, 04:54 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I started looking around for ID sub companies that sell in Canada and I am frankly quite surprised of the lack of availability to our good neighbors in Canada.

I was going to suggest you guys look into Rythmik as I was almost certain that they sold to Canada as they have dealers in Malaysia, Singapore, Australia, and China but nobody in Canada?!?!

So far the only company that I can see that has straight forward pricing and dealers in Canada remotely in the price range is SVS.
RSL states that they have do ship all over the world but you have to email them and they will provide a "discounted" shipping rate.

Is there just not enough home theater enthusiasts in Canada to warrant exporting subs from the US?
B3ntwooki3 is online now  
post #29 of 32 Old 01-12-2019, 05:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Viper359's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 218
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by B3ntwooki3 View Post
I started looking around for ID sub companies that sell in Canada and I am frankly quite surprised of the lack of availability to our good neighbors in Canada.

I was going to suggest you guys look into Rythmik as I was almost certain that they sold to Canada as they have dealers in Malaysia, Singapore, Australia, and China but nobody in Canada?!?!

So far the only company that I can see that has straight forward pricing and dealers in Canada remotely in the price range is SVS.
RSL states that they have do ship all over the world but you have to email them and they will provide a "discounted" shipping rate.

Is there just not enough home theater enthusiasts in Canada to warrant exporting subs from the US?
Its our bloody dollar. Its all over the place. When its high, dealers in Canada can't sell them, as people run south and buy them. When its low, again, price is through the roof. The cheapest SVS here is average $699, plus 13% taxes in most Provinces. Adds up pretty quick.

Home theatre is big, but we are only 30 Million to your 300 Million. ID companies, with the weight of these things, makes shipping $$$$

It also doesn't help that our high end AV businesses cater to a specific crowd, and thus price at that level. I have seen prices on certain AV products 60-80% higher than the USA, just because of the crowd they cater too. Thats where the money is.

Beamer: JVC RS420 || Screen: 120" SilverTicket 16:9 Frame || Fronts: Paradigm Monitor 7 || Center: Paradigm Monitor CC390 || Sub: Polk HTS 12 || Surrounds: Paradigm Monitor Bookshelf || Atmos Rear: Polk || AVR: Denon AVR S710 || Streamer: Nvidia Shield ||Control: Harmony Hub Ultimate
Viper359 is offline  
post #30 of 32 Old 01-12-2019, 05:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Viper359's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 218
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Been playing with this sub a bit over christmas btw, and I am really impressed. It blows the doors off anything in Canada at the $399 price I paid. I can confidently stand behind the statement that I doubt very much the SVS is $300 better.

Anyone that sees this deal pop up again in Canada, grab it, you will be impressed.

Beamer: JVC RS420 || Screen: 120" SilverTicket 16:9 Frame || Fronts: Paradigm Monitor 7 || Center: Paradigm Monitor CC390 || Sub: Polk HTS 12 || Surrounds: Paradigm Monitor Bookshelf || Atmos Rear: Polk || AVR: Denon AVR S710 || Streamer: Nvidia Shield ||Control: Harmony Hub Ultimate
Viper359 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off