Forum Jump: 
 236Likes

post #211 of 229 Old 12-02-2018, 08:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Second Sub Options

Sent an email and VM to Seaton and awaiting their feedback. In meantime I am sending this question to the forum group for your thoughts minus the money pieces. Just got a second submersive with 1000W app off forum.

Option 1 - Get second sub and just add to mix. Is there any performance issues with two subs with two different W's? I have a Marantz 7702 with two sub inputs.

Option 2 - Upgrade my 2400W to 4000W for master/slave option. What would it cost and what would need to be returned and the process? Net amount?

Option 3 - Upgrade the 1000W to a 2400W. Costs and performance impact?

Option 4 - Anything else you would recommend?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 229 Old 12-04-2018, 07:59 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwthacker View Post
I just had @appelz come in this week to install Trinnov and recalibrate my room. I have 4 Seaton F18s upfront (4 inwall Triad balancing subs in back).

Conclusion: Simply stunning. Flat as a ruler response down to 15 Hz with usable response down into single digits. I haven’t had much time to listen but I would swear my hair moved on heavy bass scene in Ready Player One! Amazing. Not sure if Trinnov bass management played into this, but bass was even more impressive than before.

Adam set up four settings- movie standard, movie action (which goosed bass at a certain Hz level for tactile impact), nighttime (minimal bass so as to not wake up baby), and music. Nice having different settings and bass options.

Long story short: the F18s are highly recommended. Very happy. I would also give a quick plug to Adam Pelz @appelz ) if anyone is looking for calibration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
4 submersives is pretty much golden sample for movie soundtracks
@audioguy with his posts many/many yrs ago sold quite a few Seatons-
They are something special

15400 Watts of Seaton Power -Quad SubMersived
post #213 of 229 Old 12-04-2018, 08:12 AM
Advanced Member

Some may not be aware that the Submersives have 2 DSP (PGM) settings –
Was tweak many of used in past to make nice house curve in lower regions-
You would run your room correction software (Audyssey etc) in first setting than engage after to give
Nice boost –
Here is example of result in my room-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pgm2.png
Views:	63
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	2491266  
jamiebosco likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #214 of 229 Old 12-04-2018, 08:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Quoted: 3954 Post(s)
Liked: 2697
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwthacker View Post
I just had @appelz come in this week to install Trinnov and recalibrate my room. I have 4 Seaton F18s upfront (4 inwall Triad balancing subs in back).

Conclusion: Simply stunning. Flat as a ruler response down to 15 Hz with usable response down into single digits. I haven’t had much time to listen but I would swear my hair moved on heavy bass scene in Ready Player One! Amazing. Not sure if Trinnov bass management played into this, but bass was even more impressive than before.

Adam set up four settings- movie standard, movie action (which goosed bass at a certain Hz level for tactile impact), nighttime (minimal bass so as to not wake up baby), and music. Nice having different settings and bass options.

Long story short: the F18s are highly recommended. Very happy. I would also give a quick plug to Adam Pelz @appelz ) if anyone is looking for calibration.
+1

I have 8 F18's (4 in the front and 4 in the rear) and @appelz calibrated my room (Trinnov also) as well. I also use 9 Triad speakers at ear level. Excellent subs; excellent speakers; excellent processor; excellent calibrator to glue it all together!!

Mark 12:30 ][ "Hold Up" By Leslie Austin ][ The Oconee Theater

"Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles. It takes away today's peace"
post #215 of 229 Old 01-01-2019, 08:54 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Probably a stupid question, but here goes: I am running a MFW-15 with the new amp board from Seaton-Sound. What is the difference between having the switch in the back all the way up, vs in the middle? Is this 'Always on' vs. 'on when signaled from receiver'? Will I shorten the life of the amp by leaving it 'always on'?
post #216 of 229 Old 01-03-2019, 11:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Help with delivery in my area?

Once arrived, I can't move these SubMersive HP+ & HP Save on my own. Is there a place around my area with whom I could purchase these from and have them delivered?

Movies must be OAR, sports and movies must also have 5.1 audio, No EE or NO SALE!
post #217 of 229 Old 01-03-2019, 04:55 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Was there ever any resolution to the shipping issues from the past few months? I've been looking at some of his products but I feel like the issues are outweighing the positives at this point. Thanks.
post #218 of 229 Old 01-04-2019, 05:13 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked: 1143
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatumjon View Post
Was there ever any resolution to the shipping issues from the past few months? I've been looking at some of his products but I feel like the issues are outweighing the positives at this point. Thanks.
Not for me yet

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
TV: Panasonic P65ST60 AVR: Denon 4311ci Speakers: PSA MTM-210C (Centre), PSA MTM-210 (Left & Right), PSA MT-110 (Surrounds) Subwoofers: Dual Seaton SubMersives
post #219 of 229 Old 01-04-2019, 06:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebarnman View Post
Once arrived, I can't move these SubMersive HP+ & HP Save on my own. Is there a place around my area with whom I could purchase these from and have them delivered?
over the yrs I have found flipping few bucks (case of beer maybe ) to delivery guys has gotten my purchases to basement

post #220 of 229 Old 01-04-2019, 06:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1100 Post(s)
Liked: 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiebosco View Post
Not for me yet
Wow!! Approaching a year pretty soon. Sorry man.
jamiebosco likes this.

Integra DTR-6.8/Yamaha BD-A1060/Funk 21.0LX Master/Slave combo 4800 watts RMS/9600watts (peak). Chane A 2.4 L/C/R, Chane A 1.4 side/rear surrounds.
post #221 of 229 Old 01-04-2019, 08:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indebtbassfreak View Post
Wow!! Approaching a year pretty soon. Sorry man.
yeah cheers, at 10 months now (1 year March 7th) . It's not in my nature to keep hounding Mark over this, I just keep sending a reminder email every month or so, I at least have a mostly functional (though damaged) sub. FedEx Australia contacted FedEx US on my behalf in July to try and get the wheels moving, but (even though I paid for the shipping) it was sent by Mark, so (from what I've been told) he has to sort it out on his end, I definitely don't want Mark to be out of pocket here, but I also don't want to have to keep a subwoofer that arrived damaged either - especially when I paid $1000AU in freight and GST alone to get it here. Honestly, looking back I probably should have got PayPal involved within my 90 days of buyer protection, live and learn.

On a lighter note...another bummer for me is that I have been trying to upgrade the amps to the new 6kw master/slave HT amp with Auto On,RCA etc, and have saved up the money twice now (over $2k).......but family life being what it is, and without much in the way of communication from Mark, the money has "evaporated" both times now lol. I even had 2 weeks of my annual leave cashed out to me in September as I was told the new cabinet would be ready around then and I wanted the new amp, slave plate and cable shipped at the same time

At the end of the day - I understand this is still a "first world problem" and I try not too let it get me down.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
TV: Panasonic P65ST60 AVR: Denon 4311ci Speakers: PSA MTM-210C (Centre), PSA MTM-210 (Left & Right), PSA MT-110 (Surrounds) Subwoofers: Dual Seaton SubMersives
post #222 of 229 Old 01-04-2019, 10:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
yeah cheers, at 10 months now (1 year March 7th) . It's not in my nature to keep hounding Mark over this, I just keep sending a reminder email every month or so, I at least have a mostly functional (though damaged) sub. FedEx Australia contacted FedEx US on my behalf in July to try and get the wheels moving, but (even though I paid for the shipping) it was sent by Mark, so (from what I've been told) he has to sort it out on his end, I definitely don't want Mark to be out of pocket here, but I also don't want to have to keep a subwoofer that arrived damaged either - especially when I paid $1000AU in freight and GST alone to get it here. Honestly, looking back I probably should have got PayPal involved within my 90 days of buyer protection, live and learn.

On a lighter note...another bummer for me is that I have been trying to upgrade the amps to the new 6kw master/slave HT amp with Auto On,RCA etc, and have saved up the money twice now (over $2k).......but family life being what it is, and without much in the way of communication from Mark, the money has "evaporated" both times now lol. I even had 2 weeks of my annual leave cashed out to me in September as I was told the new cabinet would be ready around then and I wanted the new amp, slave plate and cable shipped at the same time

At the end of the day - I understand this is still a "first world problem" and I try not too let it get me down.
Well imo you are an extremely patient person, which is a good attribute in this day and age. I personally would be livid at this point. Sounds like Mark has still been taking money for new orders based on some posts i've read a while ago long after you had been waiting six months, so your and others that have been waiting over half a year is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,#$%^%#$.

(If) Mark is not well, one would think he or some family member would have posted something on avs by now, (and if thats the case, i wish him well,,,"for real"). Anyway i hope you get things resolved soon and can move on.
jamiebosco and johnnygrandis like this.

Integra DTR-6.8/Yamaha BD-A1060/Funk 21.0LX Master/Slave combo 4800 watts RMS/9600watts (peak). Chane A 2.4 L/C/R, Chane A 1.4 side/rear surrounds.
post #223 of 229 Old 01-04-2019, 10:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPBURNS View Post
over the yrs I have found flipping few bucks (case of beer maybe ) to delivery guys has gotten my purchases to basement
Your right, that would probably work. However if the Seaton subs are for home designers to set up in someone's home theatre; I would imagine the speakers would be shipped to them first, then brought over to the customer's house to be unpacked, placed and calibrated.

Has everyone here simply had them delivered to their home, unpacked and set up by themselves?

Movies must be OAR, sports and movies must also have 5.1 audio, No EE or NO SALE!
post #224 of 229 Old 01-05-2019, 03:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Well imo you are an extremely patient person, which is a good attribute in this day and age. I personally would be livid at this point. Sounds like Mark has still been taking money for new orders based on some posts i've read a while ago long after you had been waiting six months, so your and others that have been waiting over half a year is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,#$%^%#$.

(If) Mark is not well, one would think he or some family member would have posted something on avs by now, (and if thats the case, i wish him well,,,"for real"). Anyway i hope you get things resolved soon and can move on.

Yes, I'm not sure what's going on and hope Mark and family are alright too. I also know he was very busy finalising a new 1200w ICE amp option for the F18 and SubMersive, and was still dialling in the DSP when I last heard from him in late October,so perhaps this has eaten up more of his time than he anticipated.
Now Christmas is out of the way, I'll start saving again and try and get the wheels moving

post #225 of 229 Old 01-05-2019, 08:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yes, I'm not sure what's going on and hope Mark and family are alright too. I also know he was very busy finalising a new 1200w ICE amp option for the F18 and SubMersive, and was still dialling in the DSP when I last heard from him in late October,so perhaps this has eaten up more of his time than he anticipated.
Now Christmas is out of the way, I'll start saving again and try and get the wheels moving
I'll try some restraint not responding to this post lol. Mark has a lot of awesome customers, you been one of them, as his customers know how good his product are,,, i just hope you and the others still waiting, hear from him soon and get things resolved. I know it's been unsettling for several lately. Cheers!
jamiebosco likes this.

post #226 of 229 Old 01-05-2019, 09:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I'll try some restraint not responding to this post lol. Mark has a lot of awesome customers, you been one of them, as his customers know how good his product are,,, i just hope you and the others still waiting, hear from him soon and get things resolved. I know it's been unsettling for several lately. Cheers!
Yes his products are absolutely top shelf (IMHO) ,and I think ordinarily his customer service is also very good, some of us just seem to slip through the cracks.
Hindsight being 20/20, if I was buying now, the Rythmik G25HP would be getting some SERIOUS consideration lol
indebtbassfreak likes this.

post #227 of 229 Old 01-05-2019, 09:11 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Your right, that would probably work. However if the Seaton subs are for home designers to set up in someone's home theatre; I would imagine the speakers would be shipped to them first, then brought over to the customer's house to be unpacked, placed and calibrated.

Has everyone here simply had them delivered to their home, unpacked and set up by themselves?
Yes I had mine delivered to house and with a buddy who helped me get downstairs and I setup myself. It can be done. Those slide plastic discs are awesome for moving anything around with ease.

post #228 of 229 Old 01-12-2019, 12:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnbum88 View Post
Yes I had mine delivered to house and with a buddy who helped me get downstairs and I setup myself. It can be done. Those slide plastic discs are awesome for moving anything around with ease.

I went ahead and placed my order for the SubMersive HP+ & HP-Slave Subwoofer including a Heavy Duty SpakOn Cable (to get the signal and power to the slave sub.) I talked with Mark on the phone last Tuesday and based on what he was saying; it does not sound like it would be too much of a issue for me to get these into the house. There is no upstairs or downstairs, it's just a matter of getting them through the door. From what Mark told me and others here on this thread; it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Mine is going to be in Black Oak (which will match all my other audio cabinetry including my current floor speakers) and I'm told will take about two to three weeks to arrive.

My sub before this was a REL Stadium II (ported 10") Sub. I only had one, (and it stopped working about five years ago) so I think this will be a pretty good upgrade from what I had!

post #229 of 229 Old 01-12-2019, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
I went ahead and placed my order for the SubMersive HP+ & HP-Slave Subwoofer including a Heavy Duty SpakOn Cable (to get the signal and power to the slave sub.) I talked with Mark on the phone last Tuesday and based on what he was saying; it does not sound like it would be too much of a issue for me to get these into the house. There is no upstairs or downstairs, it's just a matter of getting them through the door. From what Mark told me and others here on this thread; it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Mine is going to be in Black Oak (which will match all my other audio cabinetry including my current floor speakers) and I'm told will take about two to three weeks to arrive.

My sub before this was a REL Stadium II (ported 10") Sub. I only had one, (and it stopped working about five years ago) so I think this will be a pretty good upgrade from what I had!

I am glad to hear Mark is still around to take new orders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jamiebosco and llang269 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers