Forum Jump: 
 15478Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #11401 of 11445 Old 01-10-2019, 09:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,743
Mentioned: 589 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3249 Post(s)
Liked: 2784
Also, how tall are your ceilings?

Mine are 7' 9" and with a 14" riser I wouldn't want to go any higher. It's not like people (even tall people) are in jeopardy of hitting their heads on the ceiling but it would start to feel cramped IMO if the riser were any taller.
carp is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #11402 of 11445 Old 01-10-2019, 09:19 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
MKtheater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New Hartford, NY
Posts: 17,970
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2143 Post(s)
Liked: 2014
I have to duck on my rear seats with a 10 inch riser. Once you sit down everything is fine. The short ceilings give me that extra boundary for ULF!
carp likes this.

Audio Design Associates/Outlaw
Speakerpower SP1-4000
Speakers-ST212(DIY)
subs-Re audio XXX 18 IB(LT).
MKtheater is online now  
post #11403 of 11445 Old 01-10-2019, 09:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
drh3b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 2,581
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1322 Post(s)
Liked: 2335
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
With the back row seats on top of the subs, the drivers will be too far from the front seats to give you the truly near field experience. You need to have the drivers within 18" (same diameter as the driver) of your body to get the effect, which means you need to have the drivers right behind the seats.

It's a very creative idea and could may work very well it's just that you won't get that same crazy VNF (very near field) effect.
Clearly, @serith needs to go ahead and put the MLP on the 4000ULF. For a $500 engineering fee, maybe Jeff can integrate one with theater seating!
toddct likes this.
drh3b is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #11404 of 11445 Old 01-10-2019, 10:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,743
Mentioned: 589 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3249 Post(s)
Liked: 2784
Quote:
Originally Posted by drh3b View Post
Clearly, @serith needs to go ahead and put the MLP on the 4000ULF. For a $500 engineering fee, maybe Jeff can integrate one with theater seating!
Ha, that would get your attention. A friend did a DIY project with built in dual 18's in his riser facing up into the seats.
drh3b and trammer like this.
carp is online now  
post #11405 of 11445 Old 01-10-2019, 10:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SBuger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Land of Enchantment
Posts: 1,667
Mentioned: 183 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked: 2585
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Ha, that would get your attention. A friend did a DIY project with built in dual 18's in his riser facing up into the seats.
Hey carp did you ever get to experience those? It's Scott right? If so how did it feel in comparison to the drivers facing into the back of the seat like yours? Just curious and have thought about how cool this could be as well. It may give a little more of that up and down movement (Z axis on VS) in comparison for more of that fun trampoline type feel.

My New Dedicated "Blacked Out" Home Theater Room
Denon AVR-X6300H - 7.4.4 Atmos
KEF Q Series Speakers
Quad DIY SI DS4-18 Subs
Quad BK LFE's + Quad Crowson MA's
SBuger is offline  
post #11406 of 11445 Old 01-10-2019, 10:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,743
Mentioned: 589 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3249 Post(s)
Liked: 2784
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBuger View Post
Hey carp did you ever get to experience those? It's Scott right? If so how did it feel in comparison to the drivers facing into the back of the seat like yours? Just curious and have thought about how cool this could be as well. It may give a little more of that up and down movement (Z axis on VS) in comparison for more of that fun trampoline type feel.

Yep it's Scott. I'm ping him just in case, but he's in one of his forum radio silence phases. @Scott Simonian

Unfortunately I haven't experienced it, although he has been to my place (he crashed on back row couch at our last KC HT Crawl back in 2017) so if he does see this he could speak to the differences.

He's in California and we tentatively planned on me visiting him a couple years back because my wife's sister was getting about an hour or so from him but I couldn't sneak away.

I was bummed because his room looks so impressive and he's always been an attention to detail guy when it comes to audio and I would love to compare the facing up drivers in his riser to what I have.
carp is online now  
post #11407 of 11445 Old 01-10-2019, 10:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,743
Mentioned: 589 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3249 Post(s)
Liked: 2784
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKtheater View Post
I have to duck on my rear seats with a 10 inch riser. Once you sit down everything is fine. The short ceilings give me that extra boundary for ULF!
What are the ceilings? 6'6" or something like that if I remember right?
carp is online now  
post #11408 of 11445 Old 01-10-2019, 01:39 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
MKtheater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New Hartford, NY
Posts: 17,970
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2143 Post(s)
Liked: 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
What are the ceilings? 6'6" or something like that if I remember right?
Good memory! Yup, 78 inches.
carp likes this.

Audio Design Associates/Outlaw
Speakerpower SP1-4000
Speakers-ST212(DIY)
subs-Re audio XXX 18 IB(LT).
MKtheater is online now  
post #11409 of 11445 Old 01-10-2019, 02:13 PM
Member
 
WLGeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Going over data-bass data of the 2400ULF and see that the tests were done with the gain at 2/3's. At what clock position would this be? noon, @1 o'clock or perhaps 2 o'clock?
WLGeter is offline  
post #11410 of 11445 Old 01-10-2019, 03:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chucky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 4,335
Mentioned: 263 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3079 Post(s)
Liked: 3755
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
^^ I don’t feel any TR, lol. I find that video is ok to see but it doesn’t show what a sub or subs can do. Is this still your sub position or you have it stands up in the left wall now?
The video doesn't really show TR. However, if you have recorded one before, you would know that everytime the TV/video shakes there is plenty of TR. I have the phone on a tripod.

The sub position when muscles and bulls were here was primarily for 2 seat viewing. I tried that for 1 day just to see how it sounds. The sub position in the video, and when you were here allow 3 seat viewing. I also get the flattest FR at the MLP.

Speakers: L/C/R: JTR Neosis 212HT. Sur: Jamo C103, KEF Q100 and Polk RTiA3.
Subwoofers: JTR Captivator 4000ULF / 1400.
AVR: Denon AVR-X4400H. TV: Panasonic TC-P55UT50.

FS: JTR Cap 1400, Jamo C103, KEF Q100 and Polk RTiA3
chucky7 is online now  
post #11411 of 11445 Old 01-10-2019, 03:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chucky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 4,335
Mentioned: 263 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3079 Post(s)
Liked: 3755
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLGeter View Post
Going over data-bass data of the 2400ULF and see that the tests were done with the gain at 2/3's. At what clock position would this be? noon, @1 o'clock or perhaps 2 o'clock?
I would say around 1:30... But that information is rather immaterial.

BTW... Data-bass for the Cap 2400: http://prod.data-bass.com/?fbclid=I...f8b5?_k=spdd6p

Speakers: L/C/R: JTR Neosis 212HT. Sur: Jamo C103, KEF Q100 and Polk RTiA3.
Subwoofers: JTR Captivator 4000ULF / 1400.
AVR: Denon AVR-X4400H. TV: Panasonic TC-P55UT50.

FS: JTR Cap 1400, Jamo C103, KEF Q100 and Polk RTiA3
chucky7 is online now  
post #11412 of 11445 Old 01-10-2019, 07:02 PM
Member
 
WLGeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky7 View Post
I would say around 1:30... But that information is rather immaterial.

BTW... Data-bass for the Cap 2400: http://prod.data-bass.com/?fbclid=I...f8b5?_k=spdd6p

Well thanks for the response. Why would that information be immaterial? Is it so different from the link in the test I was referencing?

http://data-bass.com/data?page=system&id=148
WLGeter is offline  
post #11413 of 11445 Old 01-10-2019, 07:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chucky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 4,335
Mentioned: 263 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3079 Post(s)
Liked: 3755
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLGeter View Post
Well thanks for the response. Why would that information be immaterial? Is it so different from the link in the test I was referencing?

http://data-bass.com/data?page=system&id=148
The one you referenced was the Cap 2400ULF. I posted the Cap 2400.

Usually Data-bass tests the subs with the gain at max. IIRC, Ricci tested the 2400ULF with the gain at 2/3 because there was a slight ground loop hum. As long as it was at an adequate level, the gain and the LF Adjust do not affect the CEA2010 - Max Burst numbers.

This is why I said where the gain was at was immaterial.

Speakers: L/C/R: JTR Neosis 212HT. Sur: Jamo C103, KEF Q100 and Polk RTiA3.
Subwoofers: JTR Captivator 4000ULF / 1400.
AVR: Denon AVR-X4400H. TV: Panasonic TC-P55UT50.

FS: JTR Cap 1400, Jamo C103, KEF Q100 and Polk RTiA3
chucky7 is online now  
post #11414 of 11445 Old 01-11-2019, 04:49 AM
Member
 
WLGeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky7 View Post
The one you referenced was the Cap 2400ULF. I posted the Cap 2400.

Usually Data-bass tests the subs with the gain at max. IIRC, Ricci tested the 2400ULF with the gain at 2/3 because there was a slight ground loop hum. As long as it was at an adequate level, the gain and the LF Adjust do not affect the CEA2010 - Max Burst numbers.

This is why I said where the gain was at was immaterial.

Thank-you for the clarification. I imagine the numbers would have been quite different with gain @ max rather than 2/3 because of ground loop hum. No?
WLGeter is offline  
post #11415 of 11445 Old 01-11-2019, 05:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chucky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 4,335
Mentioned: 263 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3079 Post(s)
Liked: 3755
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLGeter View Post
Thank-you for the clarification. I imagine the numbers would have been quite different with gain @ max rather than 2/3 because of ground loop hum. No?
No. The numbers with gain @ Max would have been the same with gain @ 2/3. Gain is not a volume switch. Don't forget, CEA-2010 measures the Max Burst numbers.

Think about it this way. Say you calibrate your sub with room correction and yielded a sub level of -10 and gain of 6 clicks. You can get more bass by increasing EITHER the sub level (to -9, -8...), or the gain, or a combination of both. However, once the sub's limit is reached, increasing the sub level or the gain won't yield more dB.
WLGeter likes this.

Speakers: L/C/R: JTR Neosis 212HT. Sur: Jamo C103, KEF Q100 and Polk RTiA3.
Subwoofers: JTR Captivator 4000ULF / 1400.
AVR: Denon AVR-X4400H. TV: Panasonic TC-P55UT50.

FS: JTR Cap 1400, Jamo C103, KEF Q100 and Polk RTiA3
chucky7 is online now  
post #11416 of 11445 Old 01-11-2019, 04:20 PM
Member
 
MinnesotaGreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Neenah, WI
Posts: 128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Any pics of a 4000ULF in zebra or ebony finish?

Does anyone have a pic of a 4000ULF or any other JTR sub/speaker in either the zebra or ebony finish? I'm trying to decide what finish I want and searching for example pics. The only forum search button I can find is for google generic rather than specific to this forum but I thought there was a way to search just this forum.
MinnesotaGreg is offline  
post #11417 of 11445 Old 01-11-2019, 04:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chucky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 4,335
Mentioned: 263 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3079 Post(s)
Liked: 3755
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaGreg View Post
Does anyone have a pic of a 4000ULF or any other JTR sub/speaker in either the zebra or ebony finish? I'm trying to decide what finish I want and searching for example pics. The only forum search button I can find is for google generic rather than specific to this forum but I thought there was a way to search just this forum.
Shamelessly stolen from JTR facebook:










http://www.facebook.com/30531077962...type=3&theater
bulls, muscles, llang269 and 2 others like this.

Speakers: L/C/R: JTR Neosis 212HT. Sur: Jamo C103, KEF Q100 and Polk RTiA3.
Subwoofers: JTR Captivator 4000ULF / 1400.
AVR: Denon AVR-X4400H. TV: Panasonic TC-P55UT50.

FS: JTR Cap 1400, Jamo C103, KEF Q100 and Polk RTiA3

Last edited by chucky7; 01-11-2019 at 04:43 PM.
chucky7 is online now  
post #11418 of 11445 Old 01-11-2019, 07:02 PM
Member
 
MinnesotaGreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Neenah, WI
Posts: 128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 61
[QUOTE=chucky7;57422322]Shamelessly stolen from JTR facebook:

Chucky7 - Thank you very much! After reviewing the JTR facebook pics I now realize (I think!) why I was confused on the zebra color and its because it can be dyed/stained. Sounds like you can get these how ever the heck you want. Thanks again!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zebra.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	2509582   Click image for larger version

Name:	zebra wood but stained.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	2509584  
chucky7 likes this.
MinnesotaGreg is offline  
post #11419 of 11445 Old 01-11-2019, 08:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chucky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 4,335
Mentioned: 263 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3079 Post(s)
Liked: 3755
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaGreg View Post
Chucky7 - Thank you very much! After reviewing the JTR facebook pics I now realize (I think!) why I was confused on the zebra color and its because it can be dyed/stained. Sounds like you can get these how ever the heck you want. Thanks again!
You're welcome!

That is correct! I believe the veneer upcharge depends on the wood species you choose. You can then decide the stain/dye you want!

Speakers: L/C/R: JTR Neosis 212HT. Sur: Jamo C103, KEF Q100 and Polk RTiA3.
Subwoofers: JTR Captivator 4000ULF / 1400.
AVR: Denon AVR-X4400H. TV: Panasonic TC-P55UT50.

FS: JTR Cap 1400, Jamo C103, KEF Q100 and Polk RTiA3
chucky7 is online now  
post #11420 of 11445 Old 01-12-2019, 12:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chucky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 4,335
Mentioned: 263 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3079 Post(s)
Liked: 3755
JTR Captivator 4000ULF LF Adjust different setting comparison:

Wonder Woman - LF Adjust @ Minimum. This setting is flat at 10Hz. It is similar to what muscles first heard, the safe setting:

Wonder Woman - LF Adjust @ 1/2. This setting adds 9dB @ 10Hz:

Wonder Woman - LF Adjust @ Maximum. This setting adds 18dB @ 10Hz. This is the holy S-H-I-T setting:
bulls, muscles and Pradeep2 like this.

Speakers: L/C/R: JTR Neosis 212HT. Sur: Jamo C103, KEF Q100 and Polk RTiA3.
Subwoofers: JTR Captivator 4000ULF / 1400.
AVR: Denon AVR-X4400H. TV: Panasonic TC-P55UT50.

FS: JTR Cap 1400, Jamo C103, KEF Q100 and Polk RTiA3
chucky7 is online now  
post #11421 of 11445 Old 01-12-2019, 01:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: L.A.
Posts: 1,153
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky7 View Post
JTR Captivator 4000ULF LF Adjust different setting comparison:
remind me... and u might have to shout cause i'm deaf now .. which setting turned my brain to jello ?
chucky7 likes this.

display - vizio p65
AVR x4300h +lepai 2ch amp = 7.2.4
L/C/R - Chane 2.4, SURROUND - dayton 3in cubes *temporary
BASS - 2x Seaton F18
2100 ft^3
bulls is offline  
post #11422 of 11445 Old 01-12-2019, 09:14 AM
Member
 
MinnesotaGreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Neenah, WI
Posts: 128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky7 View Post
You're welcome!

That is correct! I believe the veneer upcharge depends on the wood species you choose. You can then decide the stain/dye you want!
Guess what I just bought??? Mailed in my check for a 4000ULF in the ebony madagascar, I can't F'N wait to get this thing! Sounds like it'll be at least 2 months but after waiting several years I'm so pumped I'm finally getting one!
chucky7, schwaggs, toddct and 4 others like this.
MinnesotaGreg is offline  
post #11423 of 11445 Old 01-12-2019, 09:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
imureh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,484
Mentioned: 145 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2154 Post(s)
Liked: 2458
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaGreg View Post
Guess what I just bought??? Mailed in my check for a 4000ULF in the ebony madagascar, I can't F'N wait to get this thing! Sounds like it'll be at least 2 months but after waiting several years I'm so pumped I'm finally getting one!


Nice! What kind of room are you putting that beast in?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev 2 with Paper cone
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/R - PSA MTM-210 Center- PSA MT 110sr Surrounds
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, WD Live TV media player, Roku Ultra & Premium, Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
imureh is online now  
post #11424 of 11445 Old 01-12-2019, 09:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chucky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 4,335
Mentioned: 263 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3079 Post(s)
Liked: 3755
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaGreg View Post
Guess what I just bought??? Mailed in my check for a 4000ULF in the ebony madagascar, I can't F'N wait to get this thing! Sounds like it'll be at least 2 months but after waiting several years I'm so pumped I'm finally getting one!
Congratulations!

Trust me when I tell you it's worth every penny!!!

Speakers: L/C/R: JTR Neosis 212HT. Sur: Jamo C103, KEF Q100 and Polk RTiA3.
Subwoofers: JTR Captivator 4000ULF / 1400.
AVR: Denon AVR-X4400H. TV: Panasonic TC-P55UT50.

FS: JTR Cap 1400, Jamo C103, KEF Q100 and Polk RTiA3
chucky7 is online now  
post #11425 of 11445 Old 01-12-2019, 11:32 AM
Member
 
MinnesotaGreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Neenah, WI
Posts: 128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky7 View Post
Congratulations!

Trust me when I tell you it's worth every penny!!!
I appreciate those words because very honestly everyone here thinks I'm absolutely phuking nuts and lost my mind. My wife is in utter disbelief and pissed, my friend says that costs more money than the average person makes a year living in Mexico (he's on assignment there), my daughter says she could get her car for that, and it's frustrating listening to all these downers when I'm excited as hell about getting this thing. It's not like a spur of the moment purchase, I've been eyeing up JTR since 2014, started building my theater in 2016 doing everything be myself (and redoing the F ups) and I'm finally getting this sub no matter what, bring on the 4000ULF!!!
chucky7, mthomas47, femi and 4 others like this.
MinnesotaGreg is offline  
post #11426 of 11445 Old 01-12-2019, 11:49 AM
Member
 
MinnesotaGreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Neenah, WI
Posts: 128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post
Nice! What kind of room are you putting that beast in?
It's going into a movie theater room that I've been building the past few years. Back in 2014/2015 when designing the room I made the screen wall with slots to hold two large dual 18" sub boxes as I was thinking about DIY but now going with one 4000ULF so not sure what I'll do with the open slot. If you look close at the pic you can see these subwoofer slots on the lower left and right hand areas under the screen and you can see through them because there's a storage room behind. I ran RCA and XLR cable to all corners of the room if I ever want to put the sub in back of the room because at that time I didn't know what I was doing exactly, probably still don't! lol The theater room is 21' x 14' x 8.5' so kind of small for the 4000ULF but I didn't know if I should include the storage room cubic footage too or not which is 7' x 14' x 8.5'. It's been a long time coming and I just got the projector Sony HW45 and screen Seymour Center Stage XD last year, all the furniture is random garage sale, the acoustic panels I made out 1x3 select pine and walmart fabric.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Movie Theater screen.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	2509806   Click image for larger version

Name:	Movie Theater seating.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	2509808  
chucky7 and audiofan1 like this.
MinnesotaGreg is offline  
post #11427 of 11445 Old 01-12-2019, 12:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,743
Mentioned: 589 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3249 Post(s)
Liked: 2784
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaGreg View Post
It's going into a movie theater room that I've been building the past few years. Back in 2014/2015 when designing the room I made the screen wall with slots to hold two large dual 18" sub boxes as I was thinking about DIY but now going with one 4000ULF so not sure what I'll do with the open slot. If you look close at the pic you can see these subwoofer slots on the lower left and right hand areas under the screen and you can see through them because there's a storage room behind. I ran RCA and XLR cable to all corners of the room if I ever want to put the sub in back of the room because at that time I didn't know what I was doing exactly, probably still don't! lol The theater room is 21' x 14' x 8.5' so kind of small for the 4000ULF but I didn't know if I should include the storage room cubic footage too or not which is 7' x 14' x 8.5'. It's been a long time coming and I just got the projector Sony HW45 and screen Seymour Center Stage XD last year, all the furniture is random garage sale, the acoustic panels I made out 1x3 select pine and walmart fabric.

Gee whiz... what on earth could he do with the open slot? Hmmmm

Nice room, looks comfortable/cozy.
MinnesotaGreg likes this.
carp is online now  
post #11428 of 11445 Old 01-12-2019, 12:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
imureh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,484
Mentioned: 145 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2154 Post(s)
Liked: 2458
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaGreg View Post
It's going into a movie theater room that I've been building the past few years. Back in 2014/2015 when designing the room I made the screen wall with slots to hold two large dual 18" sub boxes as I was thinking about DIY but now going with one 4000ULF so not sure what I'll do with the open slot. If you look close at the pic you can see these subwoofer slots on the lower left and right hand areas under the screen and you can see through them because there's a storage room behind. I ran RCA and XLR cable to all corners of the room if I ever want to put the sub in back of the room because at that time I didn't know what I was doing exactly, probably still don't! lol The theater room is 21' x 14' x 8.5' so kind of small for the 4000ULF but I didn't know if I should include the storage room cubic footage too or not which is 7' x 14' x 8.5'. It's been a long time coming and I just got the projector Sony HW45 and screen Seymour Center Stage XD last year, all the furniture is random garage sale, the acoustic panels I made out 1x3 select pine and walmart fabric.


Nice room! I think you will be laying the 4000 on its side right? Just add another one. Lol. That should be insane in that room. Is it concrete or suspended floor?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev 2 with Paper cone
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/R - PSA MTM-210 Center- PSA MT 110sr Surrounds
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, WD Live TV media player, Roku Ultra & Premium, Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
imureh is online now  
post #11429 of 11445 Old 01-12-2019, 03:21 PM
Member
 
MinnesotaGreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Neenah, WI
Posts: 128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post
Nice room! I think you will be laying the 4000 on its side right? Just add another one. Lol. That should be insane in that room. Is it concrete or suspended floor?
Yes, the subwoofer will be on its side in the slot. My floor is concrete so I hope it still all works out okay.
MinnesotaGreg is offline  
post #11430 of 11445 Old 01-12-2019, 03:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
imureh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,484
Mentioned: 145 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2154 Post(s)
Liked: 2458
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaGreg View Post
Yes, the subwoofer will be on its side in the slot. My floor is concrete so I hope it still all works out okay.

Since the floor is concrete that was a good choice You could always add another later on.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev 2 with Paper cone
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/R - PSA MTM-210 Center- PSA MT 110sr Surrounds
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, WD Live TV media player, Roku Ultra & Premium, Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
imureh is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off