• 2 Post By Tornado Red
  • 1 Post By impetigo

post #1 of 4 Old 01-10-2019, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Question With You Were Here Immersion Blu-ray -- no visuals during playback?

Finally got my WYWH Immersion box set and tried out the quad and 5.1 mixes and was perplexed to see nothing on the screen during playback. There's a menu of course but when you play the album there is nothing, not even a track listing or title when you're playing the album. Is this how it's supposed to be? Kind of annoying/boring but I like to at least see a track list like in the SACD version.

VIDEO: Epson 5040UB | EliteScreens AEON Edge Free 110" 16x9 CineWhite Screen | Sony 65X900A | Sony 55X900A
MEDIA: Oppo UDP 203 | Oppo BDP 103 | Apple TV | Amazon FireTV | Sony PS3
RECEIVER: Yamaha Aventage RX-A820
AUDIO: Polk RTi6 (front L/R), Polk CSi3 (center), Monitor Audio Shadow 25 (surround L/R)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-10-2019, 12:47 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2083 Post(s)
Liked: 2916
Quote:
Originally Posted by impetigo View Post
Finally got my WYWH Immersion box set and tried out the quad and 5.1 mixes and was perplexed to see nothing on the screen during playback. There's a menu of course but when you play the album there is nothing, not even a track listing or title when you're playing the album. Is this how it's supposed to be? Kind of annoying/boring but I like to at least see a track list like in the SACD version.
That's normal as the screen is black with no track or disc information when playing the audio tracks. I'm playing the WYWH Blu-ray right now. To see the track listing I hit the pop-up menu button of my Oppo remote then select Audio then Album Track Selection. I never thought of it but for a Blu-ray one would think seeing the track listing would be much easier.

Bill

My SACD collection and HRAudio.net Library, getting larger as my wallet gets smaller ;-).

Emotiva XMC-1, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE (preamp), SX-500s, ST-500, ST-250, Oppo UDP-205 x 2, UDP-203, BDP-103, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk HT2-TLs, Salk 1801b center, Salk 1801TL (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-10-2019, 01:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 575 Post(s)
Liked: 1031
Yep, nothing on the screen during the audio presentation, same as the Dark Side immersion blu ray. As I recall, The Division Bell blu ray has what looks like an old grey cutting board filling the screen overlaid with the appropriate song title. Maybe they figure if you don't know what song is playing on WYWH and Dark Side you don't deserve to have the immersion sets, haha!
Bill Mac and Nathan_R like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-10-2019, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post
That's normal as the screen is black with no track or disc information when playing the audio tracks. I'm playing the WYWH Blu-ray right now. To see the track listing I hit the pop-up menu button of my Oppo remote then select Audio then Album Track Selection. I never thought of it but for a Blu-ray one would think seeing the track listing would be much easier.

Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado Red View Post
Yep, nothing on the screen during the audio presentation, same as the Dark Side immersion blu ray. As I recall, The Division Bell blu ray has what looks like an old grey cutting board filling the screen overlaid with the appropriate song title. Maybe they figure if you don't know what song is playing on WYWH and Dark Side you don't deserve to have the immersion sets, haha!
Thanks guys, good to know I don't need to send this one back!

It is strange as I can't think of a single DVD-A or blu-ray that doesn't show something on the screen during playback. Some have visualizations (e.g. GnR, Primus, etc.) that can be interesting or not (and can usually be turned off), and most usually just show all the tracks. As a casual (ducks) PF fan, I find it very handy to see what track I'm listening to...
Bill Mac likes this.

VIDEO: Epson 5040UB | EliteScreens AEON Edge Free 110" 16x9 CineWhite Screen | Sony 65X900A | Sony 55X900A
MEDIA: Oppo UDP 203 | Oppo BDP 103 | Apple TV | Amazon FireTV | Sony PS3
RECEIVER: Yamaha Aventage RX-A820
AUDIO: Polk RTi6 (front L/R), Polk CSi3 (center), Monitor Audio Shadow 25 (surround L/R)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Surround Music Formats