1Likes
  • 1 Post By altpensacola

post #1 of 6 Old 12-28-2018, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Live performance streaming

I am not sure if this is the best place to post this. What does everyone use or recommend to watch live music concerts? I don't want to purchase blurays unless it is something special. Looking for streaming or YouTube channel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-29-2018, 09:16 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGERIC View Post
I am not sure if this is the best place to post this. What does everyone use or recommend to watch live music concerts? I don't want to purchase blurays unless it is something special. Looking for streaming or YouTube channel.
I have yet to hear a streaming performance that has the dynamics of a disc. And I mean major difference. Most unacceptable, at least in my area, is cable, the compression is horrible. You Tube stuff can be ok if recorded correctly and not compressed.
elee532 likes this.

"This is the place to ask about speakers/subs/amps/receivers...No street price talk or retail links please....Yeah right."
post #3 of 6 Old 12-29-2018, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I am mostly interested in finding the most content first. The most YouTube stuff is like someone's cell phone so anything better than that is a must. My wife subscribes to YouTube Red so mabey if I try using that I could fund better recordings.

65" Sony X900E, Denon X2300, SVS Prime LCR, Polk TSI100 surround, 2X SVS SB12-NSD, 18" RSS460HO sealed with 3KDSP, minidsp 2x4 revA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 12-29-2018, 11:56 AM
Advanced Member

If you don't mind paying for something (I do) I know something like my smart Sony blu ray has all kinds of apps that provide different content. I don't know what they actually have or how they sound because I don't pay! I do know some of the samples that they have looked pretty good. All that stuff comes from Grace note.

"This is the place to ask about speakers/subs/amps/receivers...No street price talk or retail links please....Yeah right."
post #5 of 6 Old 12-31-2018, 09:19 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 424 Post(s)
Liked: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGERIC View Post

http://qello.com/

It's a subscription service but I haven't tried it yet because I do buy concert blurays, they do have a free trial though. If you happen to try it, let us know how it works out.

I seem to remember another service called concertvault.

Marantz AV8802A | Wyred 4 Sound (500W X 3, 250W X 2) | Marantz MM7025 (140W X 2) | Oppo UDP-203 | Roon ROCK Music Server | ATV4K | Vero 4K+ | LG OLED 65E6P | MiniDSP DDRC-88A | Oppo PM1's | APC H-15 power conditioners (x2) | GoldenEar Triton 1's (FL & FR) | SuperCenter XL (C) | Aon 2's (SL & SR) | SuperSat 3's (FHL & FHR) | SVS PB13-Ultra
post #6 of 6 Old 01-01-2019, 06:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbrent View Post
http://qello.com/

It's a subscription service but I haven't tried it yet because I do buy concert blurays, they do have a free trial though. If you happen to try it, let us know how it works out.

I seem to remember another service called concertvault.
Interesting. It took me several clicks and digging to finally find the price without telling them who I was. $70 dollars a year. Which I guess is not too bad depending on the quality of the signal. I have yet to find out on their site what that is. If it is compressed, like Palladium on Cox Cable in my area, forget it.
Someone that has it, and a reference home system to listen to it on hopefully could tell us here.

Last edited by altpensacola; 01-01-2019 at 06:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Surround Music Formats