38Likes

post #1 of 67 Old 10-05-2017, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Seminal INXS Album ‘Kick’ Receives 30th-Anniversary Reissue In Dolby ATMOS

Kick, the seminal sixth album from iconic Australian rockers INXS, is to receive a deluxe reissue for its 30th anniversary. Due for release on 3 November 2017, the new edition of the landmark record will feature the album mixed in Dolby ATMOS – a pioneering immersive sound technology – by producer Giles Martin.

Housed in glorious DVD size “fan-deluxe” packaging, the 30th-anniversary edition of Kick extends previous editions with additional B-sides, rare mixes and bonus tracks over three CDs. In addition, it will feature the album mixed in Dolby ATMOS® by producer Giles Martin and Sam Okell at Abbey Road Studios. This new mix appears on a Blu-ray disc along with all the promo videos. Dolby ATMOS is an immersive sound technology that delivers the best listening experience on any device with a new dimension of clarity, fidelity and space.

The 30th-anniversary reissue of Kick will be released on 3 November and you can pre-order and buy here: http://store.universalmusic.com/inxs...on/5OQZ0000000

You can read more about it here: http://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/...e-dolby-atmos/

Blu-ray
Kick mixed in Dolby ATMOS and High-definition Audio
Promo Videos
‘Guns In The Sky’
‘New Sensation’
‘Devil Inside’
‘Need You Tonight’
‘Mediate’
‘Never Tear Us Apart’
‘Mystify’
‘Kick’ [New 2017 promo]

This Blu-Ray set is a little pricey but I like INXS and would really like to hear this album in glorious 5.1
I'm in!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SharedImage-76059 (1).png
Views:	53
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	2293122  
JA Fant and Rex Steinkuller like this.

HT Setup: Speakers - M&K S-5000 Monitors FL-C-FR-RL-RR on ST-1 titling stands - M&K B1600 Height speakers - 2x M&K MX-350 Mk II Subs - M&K SS-500 Dipole side surround speakers - M&K SW-85 surround back speakers
Denon AVR 4810CI - B&K 7270 THX 7 Channel Amp - Oppo BDP-203 - QNAP TVS-863+ Turbo NAS 32TB - LG OLED 65" C8 My Partial SACD Collection
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 67 Old 10-05-2017, 11:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 1319 Post(s)
Liked: 2322
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJHXBR View Post
Kick, the seminal sixth album from iconic Australian rockers INXS, is to receive a deluxe reissue for its 30th anniversary. Due for release on 3 November 2017, the new edition of the landmark record will feature the album mixed in Dolby ATMOS – a pioneering immersive sound technology – by producer Giles Martin.

Housed in glorious DVD size “fan-deluxe” packaging, the 30th-anniversary edition of Kick extends previous editions with additional B-sides, rare mixes and bonus tracks over three CDs. In addition, it will feature the album mixed in Dolby ATMOS® by producer Giles Martin and Sam Okell at Abbey Road Studios. This new mix appears on a Blu-ray disc along with all the promo videos. Dolby ATMOS is an immersive sound technology that delivers the best listening experience on any device with a new dimension of clarity, fidelity and space.

The 30th-anniversary reissue of Kick will be released on 3 November and you can pre-order and buy here: http://store.universalmusic.com/inxs...on/5OQZ0000000

You can read more about it here: http://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/...e-dolby-atmos/

Blu-ray
Promo Videos
‘Guns In The Sky’
‘New Sensation’
‘Devil Inside’
‘Need You Tonight’
‘Mediate’
‘Never Tear Us Apart’
‘Mystify’
‘Kick’ [New 2017 promo]

This Blu-Ray set is a little pricey but I like INXS and would really like to hear this album in glorious 5.1
I'm in!!
When you consider that The Beatles, Pink Floyd, The Alan Parsons Project(!) and others offer/offered similar deluxe editions for over $100, $33 seems very reasonable. I will definitely get this.

Denon AVR-X4300H (2nd try), Emotiva XPA-3 Gen3
Klipsch RP-280f LR & SR, RP-450c, RP-260f SB, pending Velodyne Deco Atmos
Rythmik F18 x 2
OPPO UDP-203, HTPC, TiVo Roamio, Adequate Samsung 4k
Turn Down For What!?
post #3 of 67 Old 10-05-2017, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drh3b View Post
When you consider that The Beatles, Pink Floyd, The Alan Parsons Project(!) and others offer/offered similar deluxe editions for over $100, $33 seems very reasonable. I will definitely get this.
I whole heartily agree when you put it like that.

I guess when I said a little pricey, I was referring to Blu-Ray Audio's like "Steven Wilson's - To The Bone" ($14.99 Amazon) and "The Pineapple Thief - Where We Stood" ($14.99 Amazon) which I consider to be very reasonably priced.
thehun and drh3b like this.

HT Setup: Speakers - M&K S-5000 Monitors FL-C-FR-RL-RR on ST-1 titling stands - M&K B1600 Height speakers - 2x M&K MX-350 Mk II Subs - M&K SS-500 Dipole side surround speakers - M&K SW-85 surround back speakers
Denon AVR 4810CI - B&K 7270 THX 7 Channel Amp - Oppo BDP-203 - QNAP TVS-863+ Turbo NAS 32TB - LG OLED 65" C8 My Partial SACD Collection
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 67 Old 10-08-2017, 09:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Liked: 1119
Quote:

Blu-ray
Promo Videos
‘Guns In The Sky’
‘New Sensation’
‘Devil Inside’
‘Need You Tonight’
‘Mediate’
‘Never Tear Us Apart’
‘Mystify’
‘Kick’ [New 2017 promo]

I'm in!!

A seminal album indeed!
I have always liked the video versions (extended) of New Sensation and Never Tear Us Apart.
post #5 of 67 Old 10-08-2017, 03:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 492 Post(s)
Liked: 312
Great to see this release, nowhere to purchase in Canada though...

Preet
My humble yet growing like weeds SACD collection
HT: Anthem AVM60, Anthem MCA 50, Anthem PVA 7, Oppo BDP-103, Sony HAP-Z1ES, PS3, Graham Slee ULDE, Graham Slee ERA Gold V, Pioneer PL 518 turntable
SP: Paradigm Studio 100's, CC 690, Studio 20's SR, Studio 20's Atmos, SVS SB16 Ultra
post #6 of 67 Old 10-08-2017, 04:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by decibels View Post
After a quick and lazy Google search, it doesn't seem to be available anywhere outside the link he provided for preorder. Not even Amazon.

Rythmik F18 x 2
Turn Down For What!?
post #7 of 67 Old 10-08-2017, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
There may not be anyplace in Canada to order this, but you can select Canada from the drop down list of countries on the Pre-order checkout link.

I have a friend in Canada who was going to order it, but then decided against it because of the shipping cost. Very Expensive.

Shipping just in the US is $15 which I thought was quite pricey.

The listing for this album is very new and was posted only a few days ago. Maybe it will show up on Amazon later, who knows?

I know it's frustrating when there's only one place to order it from.

post #8 of 67 Old 10-08-2017, 07:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
There may not be anyplace in Canada to order this, but you can select Canada from the drop down list of countries on the Pre-order checkout link.

I have a friend in Canada who was going to order it, but then decided against it because of the shipping cost. Very Expensive.

Shipping just in the US is $15 which I thought was quite pricey.

The listing for this album is very new and was posted only a few days ago. Maybe it will show up on Amazon later, who knows?

I know it's frustrating when there's only one place to order it from.
Wow on the shipping. I was going to pre order it, but now I'm going to wait for it to pop up on Amazon, or ebay. Theoretically, it will sell for list or less with free shipping at both those places(and others, I'm sure).

Rythmik F18 x 2
Turn Down For What!?
post #9 of 67 Old 10-08-2017, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Wow on the shipping. I was going to pre order it, but now I'm going to wait for it to pop up on Amazon, or ebay. Theoretically, it will sell for list or less with free shipping at both those places(and others, I'm sure).
I went ahead and bite the bullet even with the pricey shipping cost ($15 for US shipping) I really want to make sure I get it.

With these Blu-Rays you can never tell if this album will be a big hit and sell-out or if there will be only limited copies or you will be able to pick it at Amazon or eBay with free shipping.

It's a total gamble. Sometimes I've scored big waiting and other times I've kicked myself in the ass.
drh3b likes this.

post #10 of 67 Old 10-09-2017, 05:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 492 Post(s)
Liked: 312
Quote:
I went ahead and bite the bullet even with the pricey shipping cost ($15 for US shipping) I really want to make sure I get it.

With these Blu-Rays you can never tell if this album will be a big hit and sell-out or if there will be only limited copies or you will be able to pick it at Amazon or eBay with free shipping.

It's a total gamble. Sometimes I've scored big waiting and other times I've kicked myself in the ass.
You are totally right on the gamble, win some and lose some...I talked to my local record shop and they will special order it for me and will save me some $$.

Preet
My humble yet growing like weeds SACD collection
HT: Anthem AVM60, Anthem MCA 50, Anthem PVA 7, Oppo BDP-103, Sony HAP-Z1ES, PS3, Graham Slee ULDE, Graham Slee ERA Gold V, Pioneer PL 518 turntable
SP: Paradigm Studio 100's, CC 690, Studio 20's SR, Studio 20's Atmos, SVS SB16 Ultra
post #11 of 67 Old 10-09-2017, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
You are totally right on the gamble, win some and lose some...I talked to my local record shop and they will special order it for me and will save me some $$.
Glad to hear you were able to order it and save some money as well.

Personally i'm really looking forward to this release and have a feeling it's going to be really good.

I'm very happy that the videos are also included with Hi-Res Audio as many times the videos and extras are not the same audio quality as the main album.

"Kick" has a bunch of really good songs on it and should sound killer in surround, with ATMOS to boot!!!

post #12 of 67 Old 10-10-2017, 08:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Thanks for the heads up.

Just ordered it from JB Hi-Fi here in Oz.

Cheers,
post #13 of 67 Old 10-11-2017, 07:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Liked: 997
Bullmoose has the 3CD/Blu-Ray version up now at $40 shipped

INXS - Kick

And now Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Kick-30th-Del...dp/B0767R8M69/
drh3b likes this.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Last edited by weekendtoy; 10-11-2017 at 08:29 AM.
post #14 of 67 Old 10-12-2017, 12:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by weekendtoy View Post
Bullmoose has the 3CD/Blu-Ray version up now at $40 shipped

INXS - Kick

And now Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Kick-30th-Del...dp/B0767R8M69/
Amazon has it for $44 which I guess is better than ordering from Universal and paying the $15 shipping cost.. Will Amazon drop the price to match Bull Moose?
post #15 of 67 Old 10-12-2017, 12:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acebreathe View Post
Amazon has it for $44 which I guess is better than ordering from Universal and paying the $15 shipping cost.. Will Amazon drop the price to match Bull Moose?
They might. IIRC, when I preordered The Doors "The Singles"2 cd/1 Blu Ray set, I believe I got it for less than the original asking price. I think when you preorder from Amazon, you end up with the lowest price they offer it for between the time you preorder, and the time it actually ships.

Rythmik F18 x 2
Turn Down For What!?

Last edited by drh3b; 10-12-2017 at 09:37 AM.
post #16 of 67 Old 10-12-2017, 07:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Ordered from Amazon yesterday...very nice album overall with lots of good songs - should sound great multi channel. Never Tear Us Apart was the theme song at our wedding in 1989!
post #17 of 67 Old 10-12-2017, 09:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
They might. IIRC, when I preordered The Doors "The Singles"2 cd/1 Blu Ray set, I believe I got it for less than the original asking price. I think when you preorder from Amazon, you end up with the lowest price they offer it for between the time you preorder, and the time it actually ships.
This popped up when I pre ordered "Kick" just a few minutes ago:

Qualifying offers
Our Pre-order Price Guarantee covers one or more item(s) in this order. If the Amazon.com price decreases between the time you place your order and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price, either through a price adjustment in your unshipped order, or through a refund within 24-72 hours following the release date.
acebreathe likes this.

Rythmik F18 x 2
Turn Down For What!?
post #18 of 67 Old 10-12-2017, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It should be noted that even though Pre-ordering from Bull Moose or Amazon is $3-7 dollars cheaper than Universal, the shipping date is Nov. 24 instead of Universal's release date of Nov. 3

Unless Universal changes the shipping date at the last minute, I won't mind paying the extra few dollars to get it weeks earlier.

post #19 of 67 Old 10-12-2017, 04:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1006 Post(s)
Liked: 972
Quote:
I whole heartily agree when you put it like that.

I guess when I said a little pricey, I was referring to Blu-Ray Audio's like "Steven Wilson's - To The Bone" ($14.99 Amazon) and "The Pineapple Thief - Where We Stood" ($14.99 Amazon) which I consider to be very reasonably priced.
Yup and the new Anathema is $12.00! But yes for deluxe version of an older but well received album in surround $30-35 is not unreasonable indeed, but $40-50 is pushing it even with shipping. YMMV.

De sagittis Hungarorum libera nos, Domine!

Ex diversis cogitationibus ex cute color.

The Hun
post #20 of 67 Old 10-12-2017, 10:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
It should be noted that even though Pre-ordering from Bull Moose or Amazon is $3-7 dollars cheaper than Universal, the shipping date is Nov. 24 instead of Universal's release date of Nov. 3

Unless Universal changes the shipping date at the last minute, I won't mind paying the extra few dollars to get it weeks earlier.
I like this album a lot and will definitely be ordering however I don't mind waiting the extra few weeks for Amazon. Hopefully when you get your copy you can report back on the sound..
JJHXBR likes this.
post #21 of 67 Old 10-21-2017, 06:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 407 Post(s)
Liked: 419
Ordered this from the get go.
Don't own any INXS content but saw them a long time ago.
Great show.

I remember the songs being excellent and interesting
JJHXBR likes this.

It ain't ignorance causes so much trouble; it's folks knowing so much that ain't so

post #22 of 67 Old 10-22-2017, 10:58 PM

Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 246
Not my fav, but I do like INXS and this was a great album. Will probably pick it up more out of Atmos curiosity.

JMAX Home Theatre
Spoiler!
post #23 of 67 Old 10-29-2017, 11:11 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 43
My wife really loved this one, and any time I can find SACD or Blu-ray audio, that she likes it is a big win. But I'm having a hard time with the $40 price tag. There are many mo-fi titles I would love to hear but I just can't swallow the $30 price tag they want for most of them. Wish You Were Here was the only SACD I breached $30 for and it is my favorite. So what do y'all think, worth it? I guess I answer my question by asking it, but I would like some thoughts, justifications, etc.
Thanks
D

Klipsch RB-51II (Mains) Klipsch RC-52II (Center) Klipsch RS-42II (Surrounds)
SVS SB12-NSD / Klipsch KSW-10 (Subs)
Pioneer Kuro PDP-5080
Denon AVR-2310CI - Oppo UDP-203 - Roku 3
post #24 of 67 Old 10-29-2017, 10:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLDukes View Post
My wife really loved this one, and any time I can find SACD or Blu-ray audio, that she likes it is a big win. But I'm having a hard time with the $40 price tag. There are many mo-fi titles I would love to hear but I just can't swallow the $30 price tag they want for most of them. Wish You Were Here was the only SACD I breached $30 for and it is my favorite. So what do y'all think, worth it? I guess I answer my question by asking it, but I would like some thoughts, justifications, etc.
Thanks
D
Since no one has heard it yet, who knows? But, you are getting 3 cds and all the music videos along with the Atmos mix. I like Kick, and Giles Martin has built a solid reputation in taking over the family business, so while I would prefer to pay less for just a multichannel mix and not the rest, I can deal with 40.78. I put in a pre order with Amazon, and with any kind of luck, the price will go down at some point.

Btw, you might want to check out bull moose. I might switch my order to them.
weekendtoy likes this.

Rythmik F18 x 2
Turn Down For What!?
post #25 of 67 Old 10-30-2017, 07:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Liked: 997
Quote:
Btw, you might want to check out bull moose. I might switch my order to them.

Thanks for the tip, ordered! That is a really great price at Bullmoose.

Incidentally, over the weekend I ordered a new AVR (Marantz SR6011) and four additional speakers to set up a 7.1.4 Atmos system. Excited to hear this album in Atmos.
JJHXBR and drh3b like this.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

post #26 of 67 Old 10-30-2017, 07:54 AM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 16
My favorite! Love the remix & extendeds. Ordering thru Amazon.
JJHXBR likes this.
post #27 of 67 Old 10-31-2017, 12:39 PM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Amazon just emailed me that they won't have this title until February...
post #28 of 67 Old 10-31-2017, 04:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winoman View Post
Amazon just emailed me that they won't have this title until February...
Yeah, me too. I'm probably going to switch my order to Bull Moose, anyway.

Rythmik F18 x 2
Turn Down For What!?
post #29 of 67 Old 10-31-2017, 07:21 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Yeah I pre-ordered @Bull Moose , and will watch the Big River
Thanks
D

Klipsch RB-51II (Mains) Klipsch RC-52II (Center) Klipsch RS-42II (Surrounds)
SVS SB12-NSD / Klipsch KSW-10 (Subs)
Pioneer Kuro PDP-5080
Denon AVR-2310CI - Oppo UDP-203 - Roku 3
post #30 of 67 Old 11-03-2017, 04:21 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 98
First (mini) review I've seen is very positive:
http://www.quadraphonicquad.com/foru...l=1#post350141
ti-triodes, JJHXBR and JA Fant like this.

Last edited by HomerJau; 11-03-2017 at 02:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Surround Music Formats