post #61 of 65 Old 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post
Yikes! I'll stick to just playing the discs. For my severely challenged computer skills it seems like quite a process to rip Blu-rays. Way over my head for sure!

Bill
I spent WAY too much time on this, but now that I've got it figured out, it's not so difficult. I could talk you thru it if you ever want. The main thing that threw me was that the Oppo wasn't playing the MKV files properly. I'm not sure where the fault for that lays.
Bill Mac likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 65 Old 09-18-2018, 03:10 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2083 Post(s)
Liked: 2916
Quote:
Originally Posted by meli View Post
I spent WAY too much time on this, but now that I've got it figured out, it's not so difficult. I could talk you thru it if you ever want. The main thing that threw me was that the Oppo wasn't playing the MKV files properly. I'm not sure where the fault for that lays.
Thank you for the offer! But for now I'm fine playing discs.

Bill
meli likes this.

My SACD collection and HRAudio.net Library, getting larger as my wallet gets smaller ;-).

Emotiva XMC-1, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE (preamp), SX-500s, ST-500, ST-250, Oppo UDP-205 x 2, UDP-203, BDP-103, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk HT2-TLs, Salk 1801b center, Salk 1801TL (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
post #63 of 65 Old 09-20-2018, 12:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Thanks, MazingerZ. I just tried this, but the resulting MKV file shows on my receiver as an 8 channel source, not Atmos.
Are you able to perform this and have the signal remain Atmos?

One other question, where do you get the start/end times so I can figure out what they are for the other tracks?

Thanks!
MazingerZ, thank you for all your help on this issue. I kind of hate to write this, but I want to correct what I wrote before in case someone else comes across the same problem as me...

After futzing around for a couple days, I learned that the Oppo will not correctly output Atmos from an MKV file when the HDMI Audio Output is set to "Auto". It needs to be set to "Bitstream". So all I ended up having do to was use MakeMKV and correct that setting on my Oppo player.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 65 Old 09-20-2018, 07:18 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
MazingerZ, thank you for all your help on this issue. I kind of hate to write this, but I want to correct what I wrote before in case someone else comes across the same problem as me...

After futzing around for a couple days, I learned that the Oppo will not correctly output Atmos from an MKV file when the HDMI Audio Output is set to "Auto". It needs to be set to "Bitstream". So all I ended up having do to was use MakeMKV and correct that setting on my Oppo player.

Your post about using tsMuxeR / tsMuxerGUI to split the M2TS file with multiple chapters (songs) into individual M2TS files is still helpful to others who have Blu ray players (example Sony X700/X800 UHD player) which support M2TS with Atmos audio playback on USB, but does not support MKV with Atmos.
meli likes this.
post #65 of 65 Old 01-08-2019, 06:00 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked: 453
looking forward to hearing this in future - the DVA audio discs has fantastic fidelity and not compressed mess like most music discs- the latest DSU algorithms on latest pre/pros has gotten me revisting all of my collections-
impressed is mild term-One thing i have noticed is that I much prefer DSU to DTS Neural:X on music as dont like vocals in heights- be interesing comparision

15400 Watts of Seaton Power -Quad SubMersived
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Surround Music Formats